HubSpot Ideas

jc

Contacts created by booking Meetings not have Offline Source as Original Source

These are the use cases when a meetings link shouldn't be an offline source:

1. When using the link on a website page, landing page, social or anywhere on the Internet. Eg: a directory website page
  2. When embedding the calendar on a webpage. It is literally a form replacement.

So, ideally, we should be able to do one of these:

1. To declare a meetings link as an online or offline source when creating it or editing.
  2. To —at least— count embedded forms as online sources.

Thanks.

22 Kommentare
jice_lavocat
Mitglied

It also could be great to keep the information about the first touchpoint when the visitor made prior hits on Hubspot Marketing.

Example: the contact arrives on website via an Organic Search, then click the Meeting link and get created after submitting the form. Instead of Offline Source, it should be great to have Organic Search as original source.

olavers
Mitglied

Like the previous commenter says, we need to know the original source of traffic that books a Meeting.  We're unable to track our campaigns properly!

NooraSalminen
Mitglied | Diamond Partner

We have similar problems!

Our sales team uses the Meetings tool and they get a good amount of meetings through the calendar, but I can't track when and where the bookings come from. We have planted the calendar in blog posts, emails etc. and I have no idea which of them generated the meetings.

We can use tracking URL with calendar links (which is pretty frustrating) but we can't do the same for embedded calendars.

CathalMoran
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I really don't understand how this expected behaviour.
The meetings form is a great end user experience but if it wipes away pretty much any activity and source history prior to the contact using the meeting link then how can we track source.

Needs to change.

sarahbustin
Mitglied

Yes, please! Same problem as original poster.

CathalMoran
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Has anyone used any other meeting bookers to get around this ? Or any other workarounds?
Currently trying Calendly but I think I'm going to end up with the same issue as Hubspot will just create the lead with the source = Integration. 

CathalMoran
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Just a thought on how to fix this. When someone clicks the CTA on my site to book a meeting, could Hubspot not just extract the unique tracking id from the cookie and pass it as a query param to the meetings app on the HubSpot domain. That app page would then pass the tracking id with the meeting booking, enabling you to track all of the previous interactions the customer has had on my site?

Pretty Please

Nipun_Ansal
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Facing the same issue.

In my view in the Sales free, source should be made a customizable property while creating a contact and should be allowed to be futher categorized. If a contact is created by a sales person by proactively looking up online and establishing its validity, it should be not clubbed under "created from offline sources". There should be a marker in the activity stating the exact source of the contact. Helps a lot in identifying high performing channels.

sclasen
Teilnehmer/-in

I just started with HubSpot and was totally under the impression the meetings form would behave like other forms in that I would be able to see past website activity and originating source once a meeting form was submitted. I was really disappointed to learn that's not true. The only work around is to have people submit a form and in the thank you page after submitting embed the meeting form. But of course, that makes the person submit their info TWICE, once in the first form and again when booking the meeting. Not an ideal customer experience and just stupidly redundant.

PLEASE FIX THIS ASAP! A meeting form should behave like any other HubSpot form and track originating source and all previous website activity before the form was submitted.

Lucas_Einstein
Mitglied

Same as everyone above. We're using meetings for our "Request a Call" CTA on our website and it's generating quality leads for us...which are being attributed to "Offline Sources". 

To @sclasen's point, the only work around is to have people submit a standard HubSpot form, then embed the meeting on the thank you page, where they then have to fill out another form to book the meeting. Ouch.

cjsf2323
Teilnehmer/-in

Same problem as OP. Frustrating to have to try to untangle this. It's the highest **bleep** conversion we get - if anything, we should have more data about it!

Edit: I did not curse. Funny that they bleeped out a five-letter word starting with v.

mariagolovanova
Mitglied

It appears that HubSpot registers Meetings differently from Form Submissions. They are bucketed under Offline Sources and don't count as a conversion.

We use the Meetings tool for lead generation, so this really skews our reporting. Could you guys please fix this? We will appreciate it very much!

CathalMoran
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Hurray - Looks like they now have addressed this with the new meetings update :

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/meetings-user-guide/how-to-configure-your-meetings-settings-and-create...

sclasen
Teilnehmer/-in

@CathalMoran how exactly is this isue now addressed? By the ability to host meeting links from our domain? Do we know this will ensure we see the orginating source like every other HubSpot form and not just "offline source"?

CathalMoran
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Well that's why the source wasn't being tracked. Because the calendar was being stored on app.hubspot.com and not on your domain so the cookie holding all the juicy source data was being lost.

@sclasen If you navigate to the Alerts tab in the top right of your Hubspot account and then go to "Whats New" you will see more details on the release.  
It says:

"With today’s update, your Meetings link will function the same as any other page on your website. That means you’ll have access to page views, conversion rates, and other analytics available in HubSpot. This will work whether the Meetings link is hosted on a customer’s own website or on one of HubSpot’s subdomains.

3. Meetings Submissions Now Act as Forms"

sclasen
Teilnehmer/-in

Great, thanks @CathalMoran! Now, if they would change the availability frequency that appears on the meeting booking page we'd start using the product. I'd like to be able to have the available appointment times to appear on 15 minute intervals for 60-minute meetings but you can't do that right now. The appointment availability is driven off the length of the meeting and we should have the option in the overall meeting settings to set the frequency of appointments available.

cjsf2323
Teilnehmer/-in

Hmmm, I'm not seeing the update in my "What's New" tab or their Product Updates page. Is it still there for everyone else? Can someone link me directly to the release details?

CathalMoran
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Maybe the Beta isn't open to everyone?
Screen Shot 2018-03-06 at 09.56.49.png

cjsf2323
Teilnehmer/-in

Ah, yup. Looks like it's part of the beta. HubSpot commented as such in this post as well.

Lucas_Einstein
Mitglied

I also got the Beta announcement (on 3/6/18) as well. Sounds like they're rolling this out to more and more users.