HubSpot Ideas

MM75

Contact property - number of email opens (HubSpot Sales)

It would be great if we had a Contact property "Number of Email Opens" that we could filter contacts using it as well as add it as a column in Contacts view. As we have a trigger in the process to call a prospect, even if they are on a sequence, if they open an email 3 times (in which case we could also take them off the sequence, which makes qualification so much faster), the ability to display contacts who hit that number or are close to hitting it (e.g. 2 opens), that would help us a lot in shortening the prospecting cycle a lot thanks to moving the exploratory call to the early stage of the prospecting sequence/sales process. Can you provide that feature in the near future?

44 Replies
MikeHeinrich
Participant

What is Hubspot's response to this? Do they monitor these forums?

onedayadvice

This needs to happen ASAP. Surprised it's not a feature yet, since the data is already accessible.

ODICCI_Jacques
Participant

This is a great idea, how can get this moving? @hubspot @edjusten ? Thanks!

ptrnelson

1000% agree. 

aymericm

Would love to have this property too!

yashmore

Yes, this is a must to score my leads!

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi,

commenting for a client who requires this functionality for marketing email.

Link to the marketing email idea thread here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Track-the-Number-of-Times-a-Contact-Opens-a-Specific-...

Cheers.

VictoriaM

I completely agree with the previous comments. It is critical for our scoring.

ODICCI_Jacques
Participant

This is an important function for our lead scoring. 

@YiRui_Chua how we can get things moving?

JBurn

This is critical to reporting on. A contact may open an email multiple times but take no action. It doesn't mean they aren't completely interested. It means they're not ready to take the action but are keeping tabs. 

ODICCI_Jacques
Participant

This would be really useful!!! --

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team,

Seeing that there are some traction on this feature, wondering if we have plans to review it?

Thanks!

skiingmadman
Participant

HEY FOLKS!! this is DONE!! Hubspot already took care of this!!!  

Just search for OPEN, and you will find "Marketing Emails Opened", create a list of contacts where this not 0. Save the list and then go under actions and add the column for the property "Marketing Emails Opened".   DONE. 

jon11848

@skiingmadman the "Marketing Emails Opened" is a different property (or it's only half of what is needed). This property only shows the number of your Hubspot marketing emails that the contact has opened, but if they open one marketing email 3 times and the next marketing email 4 times, the "Marketing Emails Opened" property will show 2 not 7. Both properties should exist. Currently access to 7 is not possible. @YiRui_Chua is it possible to add this other property? You could call it "Marketing Email Opens" (in addition to the existing "Marketing Emails Opened")

PWahler

This is an essential feature for our lead scoring & should be an easy implementation (Hubspot is already tracking all the relevant data). Hope this gets added soon.

oa1
Participant

Yes this!!!!!!! Automation and sequencing selection will be much more proficient with this simple addition. It can also give us indication of who has automatic opens through their maleware/firewall for external emails. i.e. If there opens are relatively high compared to number of emails sent. Which leads me to requesting "Number of emails sent" as a contact property. Sure we can see sequences and number of times contacted, but emails sent would be a huge efficiency as well. 

JReginato
Contributor

Very shocked to realize this does not exist. I am simply trying to help our inside sales team find out when a lead has opened an email...this blows me away. 

FraserMurphy
Participant

5 years later and this still doesn't exist?? 

All the information is there! Surely it is a simple add to be able to at least report on number of times opened?? 

YoelBen-Avraham
Contributor

The inability to track the "Number of Sales Emails Opened" to trigger follow up etc is very disconcerting. 

Is there no way to create a Calculated Field that increments with each "Sales Open Date" matching some other property - say "Last Modified Date"?

I'm grasping here, but perhaps someone with much more experience than this novice might be able to point us in the right direction.

LVarvashevich
Participant

Absolutely agree! That could save time and add maximum value to the outreach process. Making Recent sales email opens be tracked could allow us create effective workflows and remove manual research.