HubSpot Ideas

kupton

Contact phone number displayed in Deals and Tasks

I would like to be able to see the contact's phone number on the Deal page. Current, it shows their name and email address, but not phone number and you have to open up the contact page to see it. It's a bit of a hassle to do this and would streamline the work flow.

20 Replies
lsirac
HubSpot Employee

In the Task view, since we often use them for call backs, would it be possible to show the phone number directly without having to click on the contact record?

kbento
Contributor | Diamond Partner

This is pretty inefficient workaround, but you could use Zapier to copy the contact's phone number from the contact profile to the deal record upon deal record creation.

Here are the basics on how to do that.

samuelzawadzki

This makes total sense, I'm not sure why Hubspot haven't already done this? 

JasonTisdall
Participant

Good idea. I want it very much.

@kupton wrote:

I would like to be able to see the contact's phone number on the Deal page. Current, it shows their name and email address, but not phone number and you have to open up the contact page to see it. It's a bit of a hassle to do this and would streamline the work flow.

Kimberly
Participant

Agreed. We primarily use phone for our contacts, and it adds a lot of unneccesary time to have to click into the contact. Woud be much more convenient if we could just see it straight from the deal, probably in the same place where we see the contacts and their emails. 

Kimberly
Participant

Any updates with this? It would be such a time saver!

nikki
Participant

Agreed!

tommip

This would be a super easy way to make the sales tool more effective. This is always the first thing sales reps are complaining about after using Pipedrive or similar tools since they can't make the call and write deal notes in the same view. I remember giving this feedback to HubSpot already a year ago...

JohnLimber

HubSpot please could you make this happen. Just adding the same contact preview button you have on the contact list would make a huge difference. I love Hubspot but this is making life hard, I just want to be able to call through my scheduled calls and make notes without having to navigate away from the tasks page, I cant do this without seeing the phone number.

mrksdiehl

It would really be very nice to have this feature. I know that a deal could have multiple contacts, so an easy way to make this work is give another setting "Set the contact properties your team sees on deal records." In this setting one could add/remove fields that are shown in the contact box under the contact tab (now only name and email). There is often times additional information about a contact that might be good to know when looking at the deal, so the ability to add custom fields to the contact in the deal view seems like a very good idea.

mangelet
Guide | Platinum Partner

What you can do is use a workflow, to copy the contact's phone to a custom property in the deal that serves the same purpose.

juliagentillo
HubSpot Employee

Posting on behalf of a customer: This feature will be very helpful in our deals.

NU
Participant

Is there is timeframe for when this feature could be made? I really need it as well:-)

FrankTheTank
Participant

This just seems so basic. All users would benefit from this. It's a no-brainer. The contact email is visibile already - let's get phone number added. 

Jonas_Paymash
Participant

We would also like this feature. It would be cool to see at least the phone number and e-mail adress of the contacts that are connected to this deal. Usually our deals only have one contact and currently we always have to go back into the contact to make a call, which makes working with deals much less effective. Long story short. please add the possibility to show some basic contact properties also in the deal view.

SMA

We have a client who would like this feature. SInce this is an old thread we would like the feature to be extended to Tickets also

GrzegorzF
Contributor
cyril_chapon
Participant

This is a must. We recently migrated from another CRM which has this feature.

Hubspot allows to tweak "contact display" in "contact view"; "deal display" in "deal view"; but not "contact display" in contact-card of the deal view.

This fact forces one to click on the deal's contact to get a brief of the last one, which is a big loss of time for a sales team.

Capture d’écran 2019-01-23 à 10.50.48.png

OGruzdyn
Participant

i agree with this. I exported the view of the sales pipeline and the phone number is not available to add so how do i copy this over because i have to find the number for each person going back to hubspot away from the excel file which makes it really time consuming.

GBrouwer

+1