Contact or Company Tags?

Is there a process for associating tags to contacts or companies? If not, is there another way in which to associate certain qualities to contacts and/or companies that are not already listed?

HubSpot updates
78 Replies
laurence_b
Regular Contributor

+1, we are testing this CRM and this is an important requirement

wicked_smaht

Having this functionality would be a huge benefit in my opinion. There are many other systems out there that have the ability to tag for contacts and companies and I find it provides a lot more flexibility for segmenting and reporting

altthree
Visitor

I'm new to this community, but want to vote to have tags. This is an important feature I need. How do I vote?

Thanks, Alyssa

bmmh05
New Contributor

Absolutely 100% agree.  The addition of tagging would be a massive help.   It is the only reason for us using a competitor.  Other than that, it's a great CRM.  Love the HubSpot logo too.

Thanks

Djking33
Occasional Contributor

Please create tags!!! 

A tag need not be pre-configured in the Properties settings. This allows a flexible use of adding categories. 

For instance, I want to add "Sales Geo". Since there are many, I do not want to create the whole list.

I feel like Hubspot is sort of dodging on this one, honestly. I think the feature-set of Tags is pretty universal, so it seems odd to ask us to define this for you! 

mayall

If you'd like a bit of irony, search for tags in Hubspot help:

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/search?q=tag

Not only are there lots of examples of how useful tags are, including on Hubspot customer sites, the knowledge base itself uses tags.

Time for Hubspot to add tags to Contacts and Compamies. Tags cannot be reproduced by workarounds.

loto123
New Contributor

I'm trialling the software now - but I'm assuming as this feature request is over 2 year's old that this is not something that Hubspot are planning to implement?

wmwooley
New Contributor

This request is coming up so frequently in this forum that I'm now changing my email settings so I can stop getting "+1" emails.

Very thankful that my job is no longer dependent on HubSpot!