HubSpot Ideas

ccds11

Contact or Company Tags?

Is there a process for associating tags to contacts or companies? If not, is there another way in which to associate certain qualities to contacts and/or companies that are not already listed?

242 Kommentare
HungryHippo
Mitglied

Please ask the development team to add tags!

Miki
Mitglied

Your users has been askign tags for years now, soem posts date back to 2016. Can you please explain why you are not considering this feature. 

I understand properties are there and you can achieve similar results. However adding property takes fewsteps and is not practical. Tags are flexible, easy to create and once have many of them. 

I realyl hope someone from Hubspot will listen. 

sarape
Mitglied

Adding my voice to the choir: as a new HubSpot user I'm amazed that the platform doesn't have tagging feature even though it has a tons of other great features 😮

matthroberts
Mitglied

I'd really love to see tagging across the board for Contacts, Companies and Deals. Our use case has to do with 3rd party technologies that we'd like to be able to filter, specifically Companies, by. We could create a custom field array, but it's a really inelegant solution.

I hadn't even considered the original poster's idea of using tags to regulate Deal follow-up, but that's a fantastic use case as well.

udayanw
Teilnehmer/-in

Why isn't something as simple as tags not a feature in HubSpot. What's more dissapointing is that none of the HubSpot team have replied or even taken this up sinc 2 years. 

wmwooley
Mitglied

Yet another +1 for tags. A hashtag feature implemented similar to mention feature would be good.  Alternatively, a separate box where you can see the use of different tags (like sackoverflow) would be good for ensuring that tags are helping to aggregate data well.

Screen Shot 2019-05-17 at 7.39.17 AM.png

Goldeneye
Mitglied

No offense, Phil, but you can absolutely NOT do this currently.  Custom properties are not the same as tags.  Hubspot need to be able to tag anything, contacts, tasks, notes, etc. so that one can search tags and find all relevant data regardless of where it exists.

Thanks,

James

Rachell
Mitglied

Agreed with everyone else: tags are crucial for a successful CRM. You can do it!

heroiq
Mitglied

No, Phil, you *absolutelycannot do this.  Custom properties are *not* tags.

F_Prandini
Teilnehmer/-in

I hope tags features will be introduced asap, also in automation.

F.

JulieCooper
Mitglied

Adding my voice for tags! I am surprised this isn't available.

steverio
Mitglied

YES

amyelle
Mitglied

Do Hubspot employees not read or respond to these threads? You'd think with such a significant list of people raising their hand to request a fairly basic feature, they'd at least respond. It's long past time that this feature be enabled or at least put onto a roadmap (and communicated in this thread.) 

It makes it difficult to continue recommending Hubspot when basic filtering options (without having to create maddening processes/tracking for custom property fields) aren't built, and the users who are taking their own time to find this thread, read through it, and leave a comment to make the software better are blatantly ignored.

I hope my own Product team never addresses requests/questions/complaints this way, because we'd definitely lose their business. Step it up, HS. 

steverio
Mitglied

How does Hubspot not have tagging? PLEASE ADD

jMack
Mitglied

Agreed - this is not solved. Tags would be an AWESOME way to quickly find what you need. Consider this application:

I have a long list of 100's of companies who all provide different service types like:

electrical design for aircraft, mechanical design for wheels, pet grooming for hairy pets

If I could produce #tags within the company description of any particular company, I could then quickly do a search for 'grooming' I would get what i need without trying to remember the company's name.  PLEASE make this happen!  🙂

Kornicus
Mitglied

Yes, please add tags to the "must have" list.  Thanks.

gobiyovi
Teilnehmer/-in

Tagging is extremely necessary. On a serious trial of Hubspot before integrating. Is anything in the works?

Chiocca
Mitglied

Yes Please!!!~

christianallair
Mitglied

Fantastic. Can't believe this hasn't been implemented yet.

eloyd
Teilnehmer/-in

I can.   HubSpot is just as bad as Google. They get people to put in critical business information that they can mine for relationships and statistics that they can sell to others as "market intelligence."

They do not care about fixing problems, they care about forcing people to use Chrome so they can leverage the insecurities that that browser offers. They won't add features likes tags or multiple contact email because there is no incentive

We've decided to abandon our HubSpot account and switched to using a whiteboard because we know we can always add additional features to our handwriting, and it's much more secure.