HubSpot Ideas

ccds11

Contact or Company Tags?

Is there a process for associating tags to contacts or companies? If not, is there another way in which to associate certain qualities to contacts and/or companies that are not already listed?

242 Replies
MargieA

Would love to move to Hubspot from Insightly, but we need the tag option similar to Insightly's. Hubspot has a "Type" field. Expand that option.  This convo has been going on for over a year. Seems like an important priority for users.

justout

further to Ed's accepted solution... when you create your custom property, I suggest grouping your tag options into a multiple checkbox... in my case, I've created a property "Waiting For" and I've added a list of hardware prototypes the leads are waiting for ....

Justin Rosenberg 

Corporate Finance – Executive Director

Gleneagle Securities (Aust) Pty Limited

https://blog.gleneagle.com.au/

Email: justin.rosenberg@gleneagle.com.au

https://www.linkedin.com/in/justin-rosenberg/ 

eloyd
Participant

As the OP, I never accepted Ed's "solution."  He forced the acceptance as a HubSpot employee.  I have since unaccepted the solution.

I consider any custom property-based solution to be a parital one, at best, since it must be created, managed, and tracked separately for contacts, deals, companies, etc.

A true tagging system would be global across the platform, allowing the tag applied to a contact to be visible while looking for that contact's deals, and vice versa.

matt1406
Member | Diamond Partner

As a followup, this is a feature already existing with some of the Blog posting functionality, where you can add a tag on the fly or select from a list of those already in use, and then be able to manage that list separately.  Much different UX than trying to manage a custom property field.

DKS

Custom properties and tagging aren't the same thing. 

Tagging would be sweet because it's relatively easy and lightweight. Please consider this. 

crealogixgeorge
Participant

I find it really surprising this is not a basic feature within HubSpot.

Most CRMs have this and really any other productivity tool like an issue tracker, CMS, email has had tags for years.

TrevorSqE
Participant

Hi @nicolebrenner, could we ask what the latest on this is?  We're like other customers who (naively) just assumed HubSpot would have tagging functionality when we migrated across - and are now finding it difficult to quickly pull out the contact segments we want to.  Others have explained the benefits of tagging over using custom properties - if there is any chance of it being implemented in the future, it would be really helpful to know.   Thanks!

tomas

I also need to use tags in Hubspot! Tags can make so many things so much easier. Please add tags.

cjmadigan

I was surprised to learn Hubspot doesn't have tags. This seems to be a really fundamental field in any sort of online database now. Tags are different than custom fields: conceptually and in how they work in a database. Please consider implementing them. Thank you.

gregrobson

Hmmm, currently looking at HubSpot as a replacement for several other services and the lack of tags is one thing that stands out.

HubSpot developers: you should look at what Drip does with tags, it makes segregating and identifying contacts very powerful. https://help.drip.com/hc/en-us/articles/115003738672-Tags

e.g. Tagged as customer and received Easter 2018 campaign and Repeat Business and NOT currently enrolled on course.

Sometimes it's easier to get workflows add/remove tags and query the tags on their own than trying to stitch many different field types together in a query.

Kmoloo
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

Tagging would be better than always creating a new customer property.  Obviously, there would need to be organization for tags, but other marketing automation systems have them and HubSpot should too.

stemco

This was a feature I loved about Insightly. I really like using HubSpot more but without the tagging option, it is becoming increasingly more difficult to sort contacts.  Please move this to the top of the list. 

Thank you

Heidi1
Contributor

Any updates on HubSpot possibly adding Tags?

Meet_Sarate

Yes, this feature needs to be implemented

Kmoloo
Top Contributor | Elite Partner

This is marked as solved, so I guess the idea of adding tagging to the platform is stale. But, I still think it would be a great addition if it was done right.  Teamwork Projects has tagging and organization for it--which is key.  Searching by tag, adding/deleting tags, and automation by tags would be awesome.

JillLovesTea

Just want to bump this thread to the top and confirm that your community is still hoping for this feature to be added! 

MargieA

This is still really important to me. I just left Insightly and am ready to go back.  I need this for different mail campaigns. 

BACC

I just attended a Mail Chimp introduction course where Tagging what explained as an essential feature for all great marketing strategies.  As I integrate Hubspot with Mailchimp,  and now understand  Tagging isn't a feature of Hubspot, can I use the tagging in Mailchimp on a Hubspot list?

Squiggles92

This feature needs. to be implemented and a colour coding for deal size would also be useful 

eloyd
Participant

Sadly, there seems to be no interest on behalf of Hubspot to implement this badly needed feature (or color coding, which is also a great idea).

We have stopped recommending Hubspot to our colleagues until it grows up and becomes a real CRM solution.