HubSpot Ideas

kastraver

Contact-based workflows/lists to filter on "more than X days ago/from"

It's currently only possible to use "more than X days ago/from" on deal based workflows, presenting a few barriers to automation, data hygiene, customer experience and goal tracking:

• If your deal workflow triggers an email send, your customers will receive as many emails as they have deals that meet the workflow criteria.
  • You are unable to set goals on deal workflows and unenrolment criteria aren't outlined exactly in the History - it simply says it was found in a suppression list - so you don't know if they've been unenrolled because they met a criteria or simply because they shouldn't be in it in the first place without manual digging. And you can't filter for just unenrolment - you just have to filter for all enrolment history.
  • You can't build contact lists based on deal workflow enrolment, another barrier to figuring out if your workflow is meeting any success goals you have attached to it.
  • You are unable to export the enrolment history from the workflow, so you can't even overlap it with deals to see if there's been any progress.

Potential ideas for solutions:

• Allow a filter on contacts for "more than X days ago/from" - this is the ideal solution and perhaps the cleanest / easiest
  • Allow contact lists to be built from enrolment on deal-based workflows
  • Allow a filter on deal-based workflows to prevent duplication of contact records
  • Enable the combination of Deals and Contacts - dedupe contact records without losing deal-based data. For example, Sally has 3 deals that have all gone dormant before reaching closed-won or closed-lost, and we want to re-engage her. Sally only gets one email as part of the re-engagement automation, but all 3 of her dormant deals are updated to closed-lost if she never re-engages. If she does re-engage, the sales rep will select the deal most relevant to the sale and the other 2 deals will be rendered closed-lost though dormancy on the workflow.

Who? Hubspot users who need to filter contacts based on deal data updated / created X days ago/from

Goal? To be able to filter contact data based on X days ago/from

Value? Accurate and dynamic contact lists, accurate and dynamic workflows, improvements in data hygiene, contact experience, reduce the several hours spent manually scouring through deal data to discover if goals are being achieved based on more than X days ago/from

Examples? I don't have any exact examples I can show as we use Hubspot only in my current place of work, but in my last place we used FastStats which was extremely robust in filtering, analysing, playing with loads of user data.