HubSpot Ideas

PatrickXavier

Contact Token: Hubspot Owner First Name only for HubSpot Sales

When writing email templates to be used both as stand alone emails and in sequences, the Hubspot Owner Contact Token is always first Name and Last name. This is to formal for our companies communication style. Can we have a Hubspot Owner contact token which is first name only in Hubspot Sales? Currently we have to adapt every Hubspot owner contact token in every template and sequence before we send it out. This is very manual and defeats a lot of the core purpose for the templates. Please let me know if you need clarification.

Cheers.

14 Replies
ashot

+1

carlb

This would be very useful. I would imagine this is a relatively trivial addtion (just a couple of extra merge tags) especially since the Hubspot owner name is input as FIRSTNAME and LASTNAME. 

ashot

Anyone at HubSpot reading this?

nickmdclarity

bump

kitebuggy

bump

ilarabinowitz
Participant

We really need to do this because of this we have to create different templates for each sales rep

kristen_sb
Contributor

Kinda crazy to me that this functionality doesn't exist. Who signs an email with their full name? Normally one signs an email with their first name and their email signature contains their full name. Not sure why this is such a huge ask. 

andrewAtAdieu

This one seems to have been around for years...

As Kristen said - no one signs an email with their full name. This must be causing headaches for pretty much every hubspot customer and neutering the usefulness of templates. I do note that this is possible (but not particularly useful) in marketing emails. 

Siddall
Top Contributor

bump

clovria
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone!

Caitlin from the HubSpot product team here. Just wanted to let you know that we recently released Sender tokens for sales email Templates/Sequence in the form of First name, Last name, Full name, Email, and Phone number. When you add these tokens to your templates, they'll generate the information of the person sending the Sequence/Template. It's gathered from the information set in your Profile & Preferences settings.

We do not currently have individual first and last name Owner tokens but the Sender tokens may work for some of you who have contributed to this topic!

Best,

Caitlin

glencornell
HubSpot Product Team

We recently released Sender tokens for sales email Templates/Sequence in the form of First name, Last name, Full name, Email, and Phone number. When you add these tokens to your templates, they'll generate the information of the person sending the Sequence/Template. It's gathered from the information set in a user's Profile & Preferences settings.

TimWheeler79

Bump. Need the Owner first name to be able to build some workflows.

andrew_thomas
Participant

I agree that having the ability to use these tokens for the contact owner would be great. We are building campaigns to have internal folks reach out on behalf of the owner. 

andrew_thomas
Participant

@glencornell and @clovria - Thanks for the update on sender tokens, but we really need a slightly different functionality. I'll give a little more detail on the use case. 

The main challenge is that the sender I'm using for the sequence is different than the owner, but we also have a lot of collaboration between account managers, project managers, sales reps, inside sales... You get the idea. We are seeing more applications where we want to send a personalized and highly contextual email from an inside person and wanting to reference the first name of the sales owner (or project manager, etc.). For example, "Feel free to reach out to either [John] or me if we can put together a quote." 

This would enable us to make our sequences much more conversational, personal, and relevant as we are caring for our customer base. I hope the additional context helps! Any chance this may make it on or already be on the roadmap? 

Thanks!