HubSpot Ideas

kenjisweeney

Contact Record should have customizable show/hide right panel

I wish to be able to hide and show the right side panel of a contact record. The right side shows things like COmpany, Related Companies, Deals, Tickets, Attachements. In some cases we aren't using "Deals" for example and it would be nice to unclutter the panel with things that aren't used. You already let us move the panels around, how about letting us hide them.

This probably goes as well for the Company Record.

Thanks for considering.

5 Replies
Rolf
Contributor

Perhaps this could be based on the Lifecycle stage, whereas we use Other for anything but (potential) customers. So the Deals-section can be hidden.

Besides this we don't use Playbooks (because we don't have Sales Enterprise) and Tickets (because we use Jira). These categories can be hidden in all cases.

I understand why they're shown because it shows the potential of stuff you don't (yet) use. But now that the screen is getting more information-heavy there is a need for simplicity.

kenjisweeney

Hi Rolf-

If you would be so kind as to tell me how to hide these panels that would be awesome. Do you mean collapse? I want to remove things like Playbooks, Tickets, etc because we too do not have Enterprise. I didn't see anywhere I could hide them, in other words, make the panel go entirely away.

Rolf
Contributor

@kenjisweeney, my apologies, I was speaking hypothetically to the HubSpot engineers looking into this feature in the future. I want to do the exact same things that you describe because it bothers me that I can't hide/delete the things that I don't even have access to.

MTabush

I agree. I have no use for these panels and find they take away valuable real estate from the center panel (notes, to-do's, etc). There needs to be a button to hide this.

JKimball

This is a great idea, some people aren't going to use tickets. I was able to at least move the tickets section to the very bottom.