HubSpot Ideas

Gumpi

Consider empty fields in a calculation as 0

HubSpot does not automatically set a value of 0 for empty fields. If any of the number properties used in a custom equation have no value, the calculated property value will be empty. 

This should be fixed!

32 Replies
ClaraLefevre

Indeed it would be really useful !!!!

QDagault

Sounds pretty basic, but it is indeed missing from Hubspot !
+1

Otterbot
Contributor

Yes, or at least allow calculations to occur in workflows (rather than just increasing properties by a static value). Because "if any of the number properties used in a custom equation have no value, the calculated property value will be empty" we can't collate number properties into a single property, which would be really useful.

AKalling

This would be extremely useful!!!

silvioaugusto

We need this in our company too.

Filling in all the fields takes a lot of time and makes us lose productivity.

nweeks

This is a pretty big deal. Surprised it hasn't gotten more upvotes. We have to type in so much extra 0's for calculation fields to show up. We use this for our amount field in deals. All our reps have to go through all our revenue types and put 0's if there isn't an actual revenue number to put there. If they don't fill it in it makes their sales numbers look a lot worse than they should. Please fix!

Antoine2
Participant

Yes please fix! 

+1

AEGRON

+1 ! 

hannalofving
Contributor | Platinum Partner

I have done a really slow and dumb workflow to go through all our value-properties and set 0 if there is no value, but this is soooooooo anying. 

Please fix this, it is real simple. 

GGavalas
Participant | Partner

such a basic item, pls just fix it!

rodericks
Contributor

Is there any update from Hubspot on this? Calculated properties doesnt work now...

GiiftCRMAdmin

Yes, it is needed. Otherwise it messes up the larger calculation properties. Please implement it asap.

rodericks
Contributor

Anybody has any updates on this? 

cjkappen
Participant | Diamond Partner

This would solve my current problem 100%. 

joerr
HubSpot Employee

Depending on the subscription level (Workflows help in this instance), one potential workaround is to ensure that any custom properties required for a calculation property are specifically set to a zero value as opposed to blank.

A workflow triggered by the custom property having a value of 'unknown' with an action to set the property to '0' or '$0' will support that property being used in a calculation property.

joerr_0-1664315359725.png

I'm not sure if this solves for any of the use cases in this thread but thought I'd share.

CharlyFR

This should be fixed, it's a non sense to not consider empty fields at 0

joelgrossman
Participant

Another scenario there this is needed... 

Trying to generate a report that uses Time In Stage. Sometimes, a Deal gets dropped into a Stage accidentally (eg Closed Won), and I don't want to count those few seconds, so I need my report to look at deals where time in that stage is less than a few min OR (of course!) never in that stage at all. Can't do that today because "never in that stage" is "unknown" instead of 0. Very frustrating and is now forcing me to do some crazy hack to build my own calculated value so I can have a single property where "never in that stage" is treated as 0.

Olivier_C

+1... Would be so useful 🙏

Kari-M
Participant

Can't believe this isn't a thing!  This really needs to be!  So frustrating!

LUlrich1

+1