Confirming Time Zones for Meetings

I live and work in Central time and I work with those in Eastern, Central, Mountain, Pacific, and internationally.

Is there a way--when clients have finished creating the appointment to talk--that they will see the time zone I am in and how the zone time they're setting up to talk are different/the same? The confirmation of booking at the end says does tell the time zone for the meeting they've just scheduled...it's just a little extra thing that would be superbly helpful.

HubSpot updates
Confirming Time Zones for MeetingsHubSpot Product Team
changed to: Delivered
10-27-2017

@meclark timezone can be set on a per link basis and set to be different from a user's calendar. It sounds like the other part of the idea would be better suited to give kudos to this: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Confirming-Time-Zones-for-Meetings/idi-p/11162

8 Replies
HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: Not Currently Planned

HubSpot Employee
HubSpot Employee

Posting on behalf of a customer who is using the meetings tool to schedule meetings at a trade show in a different time zone.

While the user and the customer are currently in different time zones, they will be in the same time zone at the time of the event. Furthermore, they would like to be able to set the timezone for the events to be scheduled as different than the timezone of the user's calendar.

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: Delivered

@meclark timezone can be set on a per link basis and set to be different from a user's calendar. It sounds like the other part of the idea would be better suited to give kudos to this: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Confirming-Time-Zones-for-Meetings/idi-p/11162

Eastfarm
New Contributor

Not having this is a dealbreaker for anyone who travels across time zones. Calendly solves this by allowing you to specify the time slots that you are available differently into the future, rather than setting a Monday slot , another for Tuesday, etc, and assuming that that applies indefinitely. 

I had to explain this several times to the - otherwise always quick-witted and responsive - Hubspot people I spoke to until (I think) it was understood. It is not obvious for someone who works in an office in a given time zone and doesn't leave it. For a traveler, it is obvious and necessary I feel. So let me give an example:  I am right now in Singapore. I have 10 prospects that I want to schedule calls with and I want to give them the option of scheduling them three weeks into the future to make sure we will find a slot. On Monday, I leave for London for a week, then on to Copenhagen for another week. So, the first 4 days I am in SGST, the next in BST, and the next in CST.  If I sent my availability to 9am to 5pm in SGST, and someone books a call for 10am on next Wednesday (when I am in London) that call will be at 3am London time. And so forth. 

The way Calendly (the leading solution on the market in my view) handles this is to let you set you availability differently each day as long as you want into the future. And, to not make that too much work, to let you Copy availability from a given day to lots of other days using a simple calendar view. 

I really hope this is reconsidered. I can't see how someone who works across time zones can use the meeting functionality otherwise. 

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team
updated to: Idea Submitted

LauraFrease
New Contributor

This would be VERY helpful, please implement and do your HubSpot magic!

LauraFrease
New Contributor

Yes, would be great, please implement.

swinghound1
New Contributor

Running into the same issue as East Farm above.  I travel around Australia and Asia for work and haven't been able to get a single meeting booked correctly yet for people in different countries.  I'm afraid the meetings ability is so poor I'm going to have to go back to using Calendly.com.  

My suggestion would be to try and auto-discover the customer's timezone from the browser cache and auto-update the timezone from the drop down selection.  If it can't be auto discovered, prompt for a timezone and require one to be selected before available dates will appear on the calendar.  This would enforce users to check their timezone is correct before sending through an invite.