HubSpot Ideas

shiling

Configure quote number format

Currently the quote number is formatted as #yyyymmdd-xxxxxxxx, wherexxxxxxxx are random non-sequential numbers. I'd like to be able to configure how the quote number is formatted and generated, e.g. QU-xxxxxx, where xxxxxx is a sequential number.

The reason why I'd like to have that is because hubspot's current quote number format is really long, and not friendly to our customers who need to record these in their procurement systems. Secondly, we currently use Xero to generate quotes, and we'd like to migrate to hubspot instead, and to be able to continue from our current quote sequences. For reference, Xero has this functionality that allows us to format the quote number, and to set the start number of the auto-numbering sequence. 

Atualizações da HubSpot
August 30, 2022 12:15 PM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library and Quotes. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). We want to expand the customizability of Quotes, but we need to make prioritization decisions against other features.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

Status atualizado para: Being Reviewed
February 10, 2022 07:54 AM

Hi all, 

My name is Tori and I am the product manager of our quotes tool. I wanted to provide an update here as we are actively researching improvements to quote reference numbers. Once our research is complete I will be able to provide a better timeline for when this work might be complete. 

Thank you all for your input here. We really appreciate it!

104 Comentários
LauraA
Colaborador(a)

Similar situation here.

The quote numbers autogenerated by Hubspot are not only overly long, they end up not being easy to reference internally (we do not create that many quotes in a year and can refer to all of the ones we have ever created with a 4 digit string). Also, the HubSpot numbers seem to be shared with every other HubSpot user account, so even if I create #20190604-135311984, and then I create a quote right after that it won't be the next sequential number. We would prefer to know we made quotes 2000 through 2389 this year (so 389 quotes) without having to run a bunch of reports.

BossTek
Participante

Agreed! We are migrating to HubSpot quoting from a different system and it would be extremely beneficial for us to be able to start off at the last quote number used in the previous system to eliminate confusion. 

OOITAdmin
Membro

This is a great idea, when will it be ready? Our customers currently add a quote number (from our old quote system) to their purchase orders to validate special pricing. Allowing us to create a custom quote number and making it show up in search results would be a significant boost in usability for your product.

NicolasE
Membro

Hi all, HubSpot quotations comes with an automated reference (yyyymmdd-xxxxxxxx), but that we cannot retrieve our quotations in HubSpot using that reference. It creates a lot of confusion among our customers who generally place multiple orders with us on weekly basis and use that (useless to us) reference on their purchase orders. We loose precious time tryign to match their POs with our quotations. 

FinallyMatt
Participante | Parceiro Platinum

Any update on this? It would be incredibly useful, given most companies have bespoke internal referencing conventions and formats. Forcing companies to adopt a seemingly random format is a little odd, and not very user friendly.

JorgeSYT
Membro

Any updates now?

We're really looking to be able to take away the referencing number or to be able to input our own sequencing

joelpacheco
Participante

I'm planning to migrate the quoting module to Hubspot and this feature is very much needed. Upvoting...

BorisStenomatic
Membro

Having control over the quote reference is absolutely essential! Upvoting

pbh_user
Membro

a requirement of us adopting Hubspot

MorneV
Membro

Upvoted as we really need this feature

gavlar0
Membro

Please Hubspot concentrate on features that make your products viable instead of the nice to haves focus on the basics.  Like this one

ALauwaert
Membro

Upvoting this as well!

joelpacheco
Participante

Just a friendly reminder that my dev team had to come up with a workaround that I'm hoping is temporary because you guys still don't have this feature on. Have you estimated the delivery date for this?

KChelsberg
Colaborador(a)

We would really like to see this as well, seems simple enough.

FilipSoSe
Participante

sorely needed, these are hard to use!

RChandra
Membro

Customising quote number would be a great feature to have. This will allow us to manage quotes and invoices across applications

IvanC
Membro

For us the quote number is not that easy to deal with as it is very long and we can't search for a middle part of the quote number. We always have to enter the number from the begininng on to find it.

So we would like to suggest following improvements on it:

• Shorten the quote reference number. In our old quote system the reference number is 8 digits long.
  • We would like to have it as a sequential number
  • We would like it to be found by the search also when we enter a middle part or the very rigth few digits of the number.

Thank you!

AndersMarschall
Membro

Like many others on this topic we are really in the need of being able to customize our quote numbers! Thank you, Anders

MDCID
Membro

Need this urgently

ADouglas
Membro

Adding our name to the list. Having this feature would eliminate a few steps in our procedure. Upvoted.