HubSpot Ideas

shiling

Configure quote number format

Currently the quote number is formatted as #yyyymmdd-xxxxxxxx, wherexxxxxxxx are random non-sequential numbers. I'd like to be able to configure how the quote number is formatted and generated, e.g. QU-xxxxxx, where xxxxxx is a sequential number.

The reason why I'd like to have that is because hubspot's current quote number format is really long, and not friendly to our customers who need to record these in their procurement systems. Secondly, we currently use Xero to generate quotes, and we'd like to migrate to hubspot instead, and to be able to continue from our current quote sequences. For reference, Xero has this functionality that allows us to format the quote number, and to set the start number of the auto-numbering sequence. 

HubSpot Updates
August 30, 2022 12:15 PM

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library and Quotes. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). We want to expand the customizability of Quotes, but we need to make prioritization decisions against other features.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

Being Reviewed
February 10, 2022 07:54 AM

Hi all, 

My name is Tori and I am the product manager of our quotes tool. I wanted to provide an update here as we are actively researching improvements to quote reference numbers. Once our research is complete I will be able to provide a better timeline for when this work might be complete. 

Thank you all for your input here. We really appreciate it!

104 Replies
TrytenEpstein
Participant

So...it looks like it has been a while. No update on making the quote numbering configurable?

velliott
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all, 

My name is Tori and I am the product manager of our quotes tool. I wanted to provide an update here as we are actively researching improvements to quote reference numbers. Once our research is complete I will be able to provide a better timeline for when this work might be complete. 

Thank you all for your input here. We really appreciate it!

ssaiz

Hi! I've seen a lot of changes in quote tool...

Something new about quote number format?

Thanks! 

TMWOLFE

I assumed this would be an early feature for a CRM that offers quotes as part of the package.  Ideally, we could change the format of the quote reference number, have them issue sequentially if desired, and choose a starting point if needed.  Thanks!

JOEO

It's been YEARS without a solution. How is this not being addressed? 

ssaiz

Hi! Any news?

GnHAutomation
Participant | Diamond Partner

+1 I just had a meeting with a client and one of the questions was related to the Quote Reference...

MDerickson

Please add a quote counter that we can pick a starting number with! 100021 and count from there, much nicer looking than the crazy reference number used currently 

ethankopit
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - Ethan here, product manager for the Product Library and Quotes. Apologies for the missed quarter of updates. I want to let you know that this feature is not on our roadmap for this quarter (Q3, 2022). We want to expand the customizability of Quotes, but we need to make prioritization decisions against other features.

As a sidenote, I'll be updating the top Ideas associated with Products and Line Items ~once per quarter going forward. I will include (1) whether or not a feature is on the roadmap for that quarter or not and (2) what our rollout plan for that feature is (e.g. will there be a beta or not). If you have feedback about additional information I could include in these updates, drop a note here. If I see a theme, I'll adjust my updates to address that.

I won't be doing this for every idea, but most ideas above 100 kudos will get this treatment. Previously, I had been trying to do it for ideas greater than 25 upvotes, but unfortunately the volume is too high to be practical.

LauraA
Contributor

Kind of disappointed to see this isn't on the roadmap. With some of the recent improvements to quotes, we wanted to try to use this feature (again - we tried before but it wasn't suitable for our needs). Without customizable quote numbers, this is still a no-go for us. It may seem like a small thing, but it's pretty important.

ssaiz

That's sad news. For us this it's really important. In fact, we hadn't choose Hubspot if we would had knew this problem...

And honestly, we are thinking about changing our CRM tool again... Complaints from our customers are continuous every time they receive an quote from us...
I kindly hope you reconsider your position...

Waiting for better news...

A_Jen
Participant

I have been using the Deal ID number as the quote number. It's still a super long number and combursom, but its the number that ports into our shipping platform and we needed those numbers to be the same for research reasons. 

It would be great to have this feature and also have this number be the export number into other platforms like shipstation, Fishbowl and others.

LTaylor1

Yes this is a much needed feature. 

MSala7

Looking forward too! Much needed

famnella

A small but very important feature that is a condition for us to use Hubspot offers.

TGibbons

This idea is essential please move forward would make accounting a lot easier

itsmaret
Participant

How is this feature not on the roadmap yet? Please give us an update on this. Quote number formats are something that each company has their own style in. Surely they should be able to replicate this when moving over to HubSpot Quotes?!

"Please add a quote counter that we can pick a starting number with! 100021 and count from there, much nicer looking than the crazy reference number used currently" This idea by @MDerickson is brilliant.

A tool which can set up a format (one of my clients has some OC-2223-######) and then start counting upwards by each quote created.

Propagam
Participant

This needs to be done ASAP.

volkerschaberg

Adding our name to the list also - this quote number is way too long and defates the purpose of a reference number

Govarthan
Participant

@hubspot@velliott, it's been more than 6 months since you marked this as under review. Even though this is a small update, it would benefit us a lot. I kindly request you to take this into consideration and implement this feature as soon as possible.