HubSpot Ideas

shiling

Configure quote number format

Currently the quote number is formatted as #yyyymmdd-xxxxxxxx, wherexxxxxxxx are random non-sequential numbers. I'd like to be able to configure how the quote number is formatted and generated, e.g. QU-xxxxxx, where xxxxxx is a sequential number.

The reason why I'd like to have that is because hubspot's current quote number format is really long, and not friendly to our customers who need to record these in their procurement systems. Secondly, we currently use Xero to generate quotes, and we'd like to migrate to hubspot instead, and to be able to continue from our current quote sequences. For reference, Xero has this functionality that allows us to format the quote number, and to set the start number of the auto-numbering sequence. 

102 Replies
lPrins

It is unfathomable that HubSpot does not have this feature. We just bought a HubSpot subscription and had I known about this limitation I would not have ordered it. 

We have had our current quote numbering system in place for 15 years and to change it will create a huge set of problems for us. 

If anyone has found a workaround please advise.

Thanks

Shiran
Participant | Diamond Partner

Yes, this would be something our client would really like. At the moment, the quote number generated by HS is almost useless for companies who are audited regularly. 

RSwamy

This is CRAZY that we can't customize the quote numbers.

HubSpot is ultimately trying to enable sales....right?

Isn't quoting a key feature for....sales?

It's crazy that the quote numbers are so long. PLEASE add some customization here!

Even just a sequential number would be preferred to the long reference number!!

lPrins
Crazy for sure. I found a solution though it's an additional $249. month
which was not in the budget I presented when they told me they had quoting
software. I didn't expect ever that we would not have sequential quote
numbers nor the ability to customize the quote. Mickey Mouse really!
irogers

Similar situation here. We include a 3 or 4 digit client code in each quote, the quote number, and sometimes a letter code indicating the version of the quote ... ABC-001-A. It would be best if we could just manually input the quote number we want to use. This is actually more important when we create invoices - we have the Hubspot-Quickbooks integration enabled and we can't use the 'Create Invoice' button in Hubspot because we can't set the invoice number properly (it just adds 1 to the previous invoice in QB and doesn't allow us to set it, so we have to go into QB to change it) 

lPrins
Hey,

We found an outside solution that addresses all our concerns. Check out
Quoter.com

Connects with Hubspot Deals, when the quote is confirmed by an
esignature it moves to confirm ed in the deals section for production to
start working on the quote. Also allows for invoicing to quickbooks.

Hope that helps,

Lionel
KLocke

Yes please! Upvote!

N_Byszewska

I just spent definitely too much time trying to figure out how to configure reference number. I just couldn't believe it's not customizable. This feature is very needed. 2 years passed and still no answer from HubSpot people? Upvoting!

BDuff
Participant

Upvoting!

DKrist

is there any statement from hubspot to this topic?

I would appriciate that a lot!

lPrins
None as of yet. We ended up using Quoter with QB online to accomplish our objectives but it leaves us still with some issues.
DKrist

very frustrating to hear that.
using another tool for a new tool to fullfill some kind of standard requirement.

But thanks for the quick response!

AndersMarschall
I agree that this is frustrating - we would like to expand our engagement with HS, but this is holding us back
nsmircic

We support the idea

GWebb2
Participant | Elite Partner

Yes big upvote on this it would make a big difference to our clients.  As a further step - being able to customise this reference number then map this to reference numbers in other integrated platforms would be hugely beneficial.

AndersMarschall
HubSpot - please let us have a status on this point from your site? - thanks
ssaiz

It's something really necessay. I don't understand why Hubspot  don't do any so easy but really usefull. 

JCudby

This is the one thing stopping us from migrating to Hubspot. Please Hubspot give us an update on when this will be avaialable? 

KVanLaethem

upvote!

joelpacheco
Participant

Upvoting. My sales team is still using the old painful quoting software because Hubspot can't do this fundamental/easy/simple action. Come on!