HubSpot Ideas

michaelk

Configure caller ID name

It's great that we can apply our phone number to the outgoing caller ID in the CRM, but the ability to add our company name as well would be even more helpful.

21 Commentaires
kcwonline
Participant

These days, nobody answers their phone without know who it is.  And if the number is outside of the recipient's area code, the chances of them answering are even less.  Displaying the company name in the Caller ID is a very basic option and is needed to assist in calls being answered.

pcmethods
Participant

Anybody know why I get one caller id when I call from computer using hubspot, and a different one using Skype with the exact same computer? 

Stephanie1
Membre

I'm having troue getting the caller ID to work consistently on the Android app. I tested it once and it worked correctly but has since failed to work again. Does anyone know what may be causing the issue? Thanks.

cd
Membre

Any updates on caller ID functionality? It's a deal breaker that it doesn't show it for our prospective customers.

karen_barth
Contributeur

Not only for outgoing calls - it makes us look ridiculous when answering the phone and having to ask who is calling. Our sales team is starting having to put numbers in their phone contacts and bypass making calls out of the Mobile app, which should be a priority function of a CRM system.

Currently, Incoming Caller ID is not a function of the IOS and does not work 100% of the time with the Android either.

VincentC
Membre

Is there a way to pass a name also with the phone number for the caller ID when calling through a browser and having a phone number connected to Hub Spot

takashi
Membre

I think that is a great idea.  and even the ability to have it show your main company number as the caller ID would be great.  i have direct numbers for each of my sales people but i would rather have the main company number show when they dial out.

Wholesale-Solar
Contributeur de premier rang

The twilio api defintely supports it. https://www.twilio.com/docs/voice/api/outgoing-caller-ids

Presenting name in the Outbound caller id is pretty hit or miss from my experience. It seems to depend on the carrier, the locality, phone type, etc. Good info here: https://www.onsip.com/blog/how-caller-id-works-why-it-might-take-months-to-update

That being said - We would absolutely appreciate having the ability to specify our company name as the outbound caller id.

BrianR
Participant

It doesn't make sense that the company name doesn't sho when making a call through Hubspot. Even on personal calls if I don't know who it is I don't answer, why would a business tool not see this as critical?

eniebles1
Membre

We need to able to add company name or our own name. People don't pick up a random number with the level of scams, marketing bots, etc.   

Chattoh
Membre

How is this not a standard feature? I agree that few people will ever return a call without knowing who it is. If not the name then at least the company name should be considered. Thanks.

Orise
Membre

This not is since 2017 can anyone tell if this became possible?

KMelton14
Membre

I agree with you 100%

Koogness
Participant

What is the status of this???

pcmethods
Participant

I don't think it has been implemented

NeKing
HubSpot Employee

Hey there,

I know this idea has been around for a while. I have just discovered the process of how this works. 

HubSpot doesn't update your outgoing caller ID, the CNAM ("Calling Name"). When you make a call, the recipient's service provider looks up the CNAM that is associated with your phone number in one of many databases, your CNAM is not "sent" with your phone number to the receiving party, more info here.

To change your CNAM, you need to contact your phone provider.

TArnoldGZ
Participant

It's 2022, please get HubSpot Calling up-to-snuff with the competition.

Since changing to HubSpot Calling from Ring Central, the amount of times our outbound calls are getting marked as spam has skyrocketed - likely because no name is attached to the numbers. Please rectify this issue so that we are able to make our Caller ID show up as our Company name. This is so basic it would be laughable if it weren't hurting our cold calling success so much.

CottageStays
Membre

yes Please if we could just have our name and the Hubspot number it would really help!

PlantscapeIT
Membre

According to Twilio, Twilio custom text as caller id can be changed if you send the following to Twilio support.  HubSpot just needs to provide us a way to pass this information to Twilio support. 

modifying CNAM Caller ID entries for Twilio phone numbers, please collect the following information:

Twilio phone number(s)
Requested CNAM change(s)

PlantscapeIT
Membre

The following is from Twilio support

You must be the Owner/Admin/Developer on the account where the numbers in question reside for us to manually update the CNAM value. If you are using numbers that are on Hubspot's account, they will need to open a support ticket under the [Phone numbers] product with the following information:
Phone number:
CNAM to Display: 

Hubspot can also take the following alternative steps to self-service CNAM change:

1. Create a Trust Hub Business Profile via Console (No Coding):CNAM Onboarding in the Twilio Console
  2. REST API: CNAM Onboarding with the Trust Hub REST API

For more information, please see our helpful FAQ and reference guide on Getting Started with CNAM

Important CNAM Disclaimers:

• Not all carriers may subscribe to the multiple CNAM databases available. Twilio will confirm and verify this CNAM has been correctly set and pass that value to the terminating carrier. 
  • CNAM for Canada and Puerto Rico are not supported, therefore, Twilio is not able to guarantee CNAM updates will display properly.
  • Often times, CNAM display name only appears on devices if enabled by the subscriber's carrier.
  • For landlines, CNAM display is always enabled by default.
  • For mobile devices, some carriers, offer CNAM display for free, but others may offer as a paid service.