HubSpot Ideas

STLarkin

Configurable Task Type Default

When you schedule a follow-up task it defaults to a "To do".  We could like this default to be editable so you can change the Task Type; or just make the default "Call"

14 Comentários
jacobtomlinson
Participante

1,000% right, STLarkin. Frankly, the ability to change tasks defaults (e.g., No email reminder) and properties at all should be available within HubSpot. Another example of this is Priority -- the only options are blank and high. It would be great to be able to customize these properties.

Bradleehodgson
Membro

couldnt agree more. 

RUnger
Membro

I also think the Default Time should be able to be set.  It appears there is a field for default time, but I set it for 10:00 am and all of my new Tasks have a 12:00 am time.  Another efficiency item would be to set the default lead time for a reminder.  This should automatically change when the time changes.

RUnger
Membro

Excellent idea.  Most of my Tasks are Calls.  This would save time and reduce the chance of error on each Task created.

RFlood16
Membro

I totally agreed with this....99% of my tasks are calls but the default it To-Do...need to have the option to change this.

MWise1
Participante

how? how do we set TASK TYPE property to "Call" instead of "Email" for example

This is practical where, say, 90% of the prospecting tasks are calls. 

MelPhillips
Membro

@MWise1 - when I create the task from a call out, it tends to default to call, or if I create a task from scratch and name it "CALL follow up" Hubspot will open up the call window when I am cued to complete my tasks  - Hope this helps!

JEverts
Participante

Great idea! Dear HubSpot...you've designed the platform as about an 80%+ marketing and data analytics tool and only 20% (Maybe) as a sales tool. If you want your customers to get the most out of your platform, you need to give the sales people using it the speed we need to be effective. Fewer clicks => greater speed => higher sales use and greater productivity....which all those marketing and DA folks will love to see on their charts. 

Solution: Call resolution screen > enter outcome > enter related call notes> click create task box> click save > then with the create task box checked, the call resolution screen goes away replaced by the Task creation screen, that contains all of our options  = > fewer clicks = The need for speed. 

No brainer!

KChalifour
Membro

I couldn't agree more.  It makes no sense that you are logging a sales call and the task default is Todo.  This really needs to be changed and from a database dev standpoint, it should be an easy fix.

SSchwarz
Membro

100%, cant understand how it's not possible yet.

emanuellonz
Membro

that would help so much as we only do tasks for calls... 

BWarren7
Membro

It appears this string has continued for 3 years with no fix or response from HubSpot. The prior comment of "you've designed the platform as about an 80%+ marketing and data analytics tool and only 20% (Maybe) as a sales tool" could not be more accurate.

Thi sis a simple feature that would eliminate the steps of going into the follow-up task and changing the task type to call. If I can select Type, Priority, and Queue when scheduling a task, why would I not be able to select these when scheduling a follow-up task? Makes no sense. 

NJones24
Membro

Talk about a simple thing that would save a TON of time. The inabilitiy to select a task type when creating the task seems like the biggest "duh" moment. 

PStapleton
Membro

BWarren7 - you can set the follow-up task to a call from the log call dialogue box as they've added a drop down list, but most people don't realise it's there now, but I would still like to see the default to be Call

PStapleton_0-1705397241607.png