HubSpot Ideas

Salehish

Conditional Properties

It would be great if you could set conditional properties for contacts and companies. For instance "if XX property is set to XX, then show XYZ properties in the about view as well". This is needed as we have different types of customers who each have unique properties that don't apply to all. 

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
December 19, 2023 07:54 AM

👋Hi all! Rachel from the HubSpot Product team here. Both Conditional Property Logic (surface/require properties depending on the value of another property) and Conditional Property Options (specify which options are shown for a property depending on the value of another property) are out to all Hubs, Professional+ subscription. Thank you for all your input!

In Beta
September 14, 2023 08:37 AM

👋Hi all! I’m Rachel from the HubSpot Product team. An update for you  - we are now in private beta for Conditional Property Logic, a feature that will enable you to surface/require properties depending on the value of another property. This logic will be triggered when users make edits to properties across the CRM - specifically, in the ‘create record’ form, on the record page, and on the index page. If a property is required, users will not be able to save their changes until the required property has been filled. 

Separately, we are also in private beta for a feature called Conditional Property Options. This feature enables admins to specify which options are shown for a property depending on the value selected for another property. During the initial beta period, this feature will only be enforced in the ‘create record’ form: When a user creates a record, they will be prevented from saving the new record if an incorrect option is selected based on the admin’s configuration.

Both features are available for all Hubs, Professional+ subscription. Your Customer Success Manager can request access to either beta on your behalf. We plan to moving these features to public beta in the near future based on usage and customer feedback, at which point customers will be able to opt in themselves. Thank you all for your feedback!!

40 Replies
HoudaLB
Participant | Diamond Partner

Hello, 

Any update on this topic please?

Thanks

MatthewShepherd
Key Advisor

Hi @HoudaLB You can now Make a record sidebar section conditional in HubSpot Professional and Enterprise. This allows you to conditionally show sections in your sidebar with individual or groups of properties based on the values of other properties in your records. 

HoudaLB

Hi @MatthewShepherd thank you for your answer. Yes, "Conditional sections" are great but don't exactly meet the need (and we need to save and refresh the page to have the result...)

We still don't have conditional properties in forms for example

MatthewShepherd
Key Advisor

Hi @HoudaLB maybe this idea on conditional options in forms describes more of what you are looking for? If so I'd suggest upvoting that idea too. It does look like the product team is looking into that.

HoudaLB

Thank you @MatthewShepherd for the link. Upvoted! 

Delma

+1

Starling
Participant

+1 for all objects like tickets as well

arielowens
Participant

Our Support Team would love to be able to get more granular with our Required Ticket Properties. At this time we are only able to set those based on Pipelines. However, our team has many different Support Requests and fields we would like inputted inside these Pipelines which makes it hard to ensure our team is updating all the necessary properties based on the type of request. 

Ideally, we would love to be able to set a condition for the required ticket properties based on ticket name, request, description, etc.

TColyer6

Is there any update on this request?  

AEtman
Contributor

Hi, adding here as well, this idea could be useful for all objects as in:

If a property has a specific value X 

then another property should only be displaying values W,Y,Z 

TColyer6
Agree!
AC_UK
Participant

We also need to fillter a dropdown lists based on the selection in a previous dropdown.   Example:

Region?  <-Drop Down

. Americas

. EMEA

. Asia

Country? <-Drop down

. Canada

. France

. Mexico

. Thailand

. Japan

. Germany

We need to have the 'Country' dropdown only show 'France' and 'Germany' as choices if the 'Region' dropdown was set to EMEA, and only have 'Canada' and 'Mexico' show if 'Americas' was chosen in the 'Country' dropdown.

This is just an example.  We have several other 'conditional' dropdowns we'd like to have, where the second dropdown filters the choices available based on the answer to the first dropdown.

This idea is desperately needed, and incredibly useful.  It's worrying that after 4 years and over 180 upvotes, Hubspot haven't implemented this basic feature.

rwebb1
HubSpot Product Team

👋Hi all! I’m Rachel from the HubSpot Product team. An update for you  - we are now in private beta for Conditional Property Logic, a feature that will enable you to surface/require properties depending on the value of another property. This logic will be triggered when users make edits to properties across the CRM - specifically, in the ‘create record’ form, on the record page, and on the index page. If a property is required, users will not be able to save their changes until the required property has been filled. 

Separately, we are also in private beta for a feature called Conditional Property Options. This feature enables admins to specify which options are shown for a property depending on the value selected for another property. During the initial beta period, this feature will only be enforced in the ‘create record’ form: When a user creates a record, they will be prevented from saving the new record if an incorrect option is selected based on the admin’s configuration.

Both features are available for all Hubs, Professional+ subscription. Your Customer Success Manager can request access to either beta on your behalf. We plan to moving these features to public beta in the near future based on usage and customer feedback, at which point customers will be able to opt in themselves. Thank you all for your feedback!!

jzanette33
Participant
Hi Rachel!

Thanks so much for reaching out with this information. I'm super happy to
see that these features are being worked on!! I would absolutely love to
join the beta. I actually am looping my Customer Success Manager here (I
hope that's okay).

Looking forward to testing out the functionality and providing any feedback
if requested!

Thanks again and have a great week,
Joe
Schwarz
Participant

Hey @rwebb1,

thank you for the update. However, we need this for the conditional stage properties. When a deal is moved to a certain stage and property x (required) is set to yes, property y must be set. This isn't in the beta right now, right?

Best,
Jakob

stevevu

hi HubSpot team, as you are already developing & testing this, please make sure this can be applied under multiple conditions rather than just one. Multiple properties & values, please!

AlaynaNelson

@rwebb1 Hi Rachel! I'm using the Conditional Properties logic and it is an awesome update with lots of great possibilities. One thing that seems strange about this update though is that once the properties are filled in, they disappear. At least for our company, we want to use conditional fields on tickets and have them visible at all times, not just when they get filled in.

One specific team already has a card for their tickets, but they handle a variety of issues with different property needs, so when I saw I could use conditional fields to only show them relevant fields for the type of ticket they were handling, I got excited. I set it up and it looked like it was going to work - when I selected an option for a specific property, my other 5 properties appeared to be filled in - but once I filled them in, they disappeared from  my view and only showed the original property. I'd like those fields to always be visible on the ticket  so we can reference the relevant data for the issue type. 

Additionally,  conditional fields work, but they only work for new tickets created after the logic is created, so existing tickets don't benefit from it. So it sort of feels like I have to just always have the properties visible in my view anyway which defeats the purpose of the property a bit for us. 

If you'd like to see my examples or get some additional clarification, I'm happy to hop on a call, feel free to email me! Thank you and Happy Holidays!

rwebb1
HubSpot Product Team

👋Hi all! Rachel from the HubSpot Product team here. Both Conditional Property Logic (surface/require properties depending on the value of another property) and Conditional Property Options (specify which options are shown for a property depending on the value of another property) are out to all Hubs, Professional+ subscription. Thank you for all your input!

CanekMoreno

@rwebb1  Thank you, I see it's conditional configuration is now available, unfortunatelly it is not reflected when I use those properties into a form, could you let me know if that is currently possible?

Schwarz
Participant

Hey @rwebb1, great news. However, it's not available for all properties such as dates, right?