HubSpot Ideas

Salehish

Conditional Properties

It would be great if you could set conditional properties for contacts and companies. For instance "if XX property is set to XX, then show XYZ properties in the about view as well". This is needed as we have different types of customers who each have unique properties that don't apply to all. 

40 Comentários
JPullan
Colaborador(a)

It doesn't even need to be that complicated. Just having the ability to make field X required depending on the value entered into field Y would be enough to build all sorts with.

Mary_Pouliot
HubSpot Employee

Agreed! Currently working with a customer that needs a certain section of her record to appear only if a contact has a specific "lead source".

PMarroquin
Membro

This would definitely be helpful! The concept of having conditional sections is very appealing to make the fields that show up less cluttered. However, the current options are very limiting and make this feature almost irrelevant. 

cohenp
Participante

I agree, it would be super helpful to have conditional properties as an option especially for company and contact properties. Conditional property fields would only appear in the about section based on how a specific property field has been completed. 

angelasalga
Membro

Hi all, I agree! It would be a very useful feature.

MatthewShepherd
Conselheiro(a) de destaque
LMcGill
Membro

It would be so helpful to see this implemented and allow businesses to further customise records according to their unique needs and workflows.

Just one small example from my company - there is a set of important information that we need to capture from our Canadian customers and prospects that does not apply to any other country. Being able to create a section that is only visible when the country is set to Canada would allow us to tidy up and streamline the info that is displayed in the sidebar. This is just one example of many we have in our business.

purrlo
Participante

Would definitely love to see this - both in terms of:

"If X property has a value then make Y property required" and

"If B selection is made in X property, only display C options in Y property"

KMace
Participante

It would be great if we could select the properties that can be used to make a section conditional. There are 2 random properties at the Company level that we don't even use and I would love to have the option to pick what properties we can use condition a section to be viewable.

DWilde
Membro

Agree totally essential on all Objects given the excessive reliance on custom objects caused by general HubSpot limitations! Our use case is also very simple ...  if a Contact/Company is in a specific US State (custom-field) or a UK County (also custom-field) then we want to automatically assign them to a designated sales manager and a designated sub-dealer ... and from the designated sub-dealer to have a dropdown of the employee who will be handling the Deal.  This is just one of several frustrating roadblocks we are facing around successfully implementing HubSpot which is linked to its inability to select any Property (including Custom Properties) to make a section conditional. So like with other posts submitted,  we end up with many unneccessary sections and properties cluttering up the sidebars and other areas causing users to get confused as to which properties they need to pay attention to or complete. 

Come on HubSpot - surely it's not rocket science ....  and with a bit of focus from your developers I'm sure you can make a lot of your customers very happy and create a better product. The original post is 16 months old so hopefully you are already well-advanced with a solution ??

NPHILEAS
Membro

This would definitively be helpful!

MatthewShepherd
Conselheiro(a) de destaque

Hi all

The ability to display conditional sections on contact, company, deal, ticket, and custom object records based on select property values (all dropdown and checkbox properties - both default and custom) is now available for all HubSpot customers with an Enterprise-tier hub. More details here: 
https://www.linkedin.com/posts/kyleanthonyjepson_hubspottipsandtricks-hubspot-crm-activity-682613780...

KMace
Participante

I love this release! Thank you!

purrlo
Participante

MatthewShepherd that's cool. Does that mean conditional properties are close? This thread seems to be about two different things - people wanting conditional sections, and conditional properties. My use cases would be:

"If X property has a value then make Y property required" and

"If B selection is made in X property, only display C options in Y property"

amandafann
Colaborador(a)

Very excited to see this added customization for Conditional Sections! Thank you @MatthewShepherd

Also +1 on everything @purrlo said. Hopefully Conditional Properties will be next as they are just as needed! 

Jonno_Price
Orientador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

This would be great to have the option to make Conditional Properties on forms required!

Have had a number of great use cases that cannot proceed due to this issue. A common example could be to build a nice contact form which allows people to select their reason for contact via a dropdown. E.g. if "Existing Customer Seeking Support" then display relevant properties to help route support - or if "I would like to have a Demo" then display properties required to qualify the prospect. 

But if we don't make these properties required then they won't be completed. 

Please dear HubSpot developers - allow conditional properties have more settings like normal properties do! 

ACorner
Membro

Would LOVE to see this.  In fact, it would prevent us from needing to look for another CRM solution.

BAlves
Membro

I totally agree with you, and not only for Contacts, but all objects. 

HeidiG
Membro

Would really be helpful on all objects especially now that we are going to use Hubspot as CRM (again).  This functionallity is missing compared to other CRM solutions. And looks like the functionallity is already available in forms so hopefully it is not that difficult

HoudaLB
Participante | Parceiro Diamante

Hello guys, any update on this?

It would be very useful to have it for all objects! 😬

Also, conditional sections are great but are not enough. In the same section, we should be able to access a property depending on another property value. 

For example :

if "property 1" = "A" then we can see and set values for "properties 2 and 3" 

if "property 1" = "B" then we can see and set value for "property 3" only 

(other scenarios are possible. This one is just an example)
Many thanks!!