HubSpot Ideas

MWerner2

Conditional Never Log List

At our company, we work with "Never Log List" to avoid accidentally logging internal, often personal mail traffic in HubSpot for privacy reasons. However, 50% of the internal mail traffic would also be important to log. Therefore, my suggestion would be to make logging of internal mail traffic possible with the help of certain individual subject contents, such as the ticket ID number, etc., even with the NeverLogList.

6 Kommentare
ahowell
Mitglied

Our team, like many others, has soo many types of contacts. Mainly, our leads/customers /subscribers who the sales team works with. Then we have our partner network of vendors who our partner network team works with.

We love to track and log info for everyone but we don't need our sales team to track emails with partner network contacts. These contacts have a set contact property: Lead Type = Vendor. It would be awesome if we could set up a workflow to where if a contact's lead type = vendor then emails won't be logged for these contacts. 

MBergenhök
Teilnehmer/-in | Partner

I have similar requirement. We need to block certain domains from being logged, but require emails to some recipients within these domains to be logged. So the need is to have a "white list" of email addresses that will be logged even though the domain is in the Never log-list.

davidhowlett
Mitglied

We have a similar requirement.  We have noted the risk of having confidential information being inadvertently saved to HubSpot, and we propose using Lifecycle stage as 'Other' to avoid all email logging and tracking.  In that way logging and tracking of emails will be restricted to lead management, which is its main purpose.

JOtten
Teilnehmer/-in

We have a similar request. Eventhough internal email is in the NeverLogList, you should be able to over-write the never-log when consiously a company and or contactperson has been marked in Outlook to log in HubSpot. Seen the need from other HubSpot users, I would expect HubSpot to make this feature happen.

Thanks!

JWright15
Mitglied

I recently discovered an issue where once a 'non-blocked' email is included on an email thread, all previous emails in that chain get logged into the CRM, even if email addresses on the Never Log list are on the email. Meaning if there is a long email chain and only a portion of those emails need to get saved, the entire thread gets saved regardless of whether or not that is desireable. 

We had executives who dont even have the email integration installed get added to email chains, and had their sensitive email content get saved to objects automatically, even when [Log to CRM] is clicked off. 

There needs to be a way to legitimately select only the emails you want saved, to get saved. Saving emails should be simple, this system appears simple but is really convoluted and frustrating to deal with. Saving emails properly is essential to a properly functioning CRM. 

mtndank
Mitglied | Partner

Same - need to block a domain but allow certain emails always.