HubSpot Ideas

SamuelBanks

Conditional Deal Stage Properties

Hey HubSpot, 

We find great value in the "Update Deal Stage properties" feature in HubSpot to standardise data collection. However, there's a challenge when we have deals that are going through our Pipeline/Process that warrant different data to be collected at the same stage.

Currently we have two options,

A) Which is to list out all fields and possibilities at that stage as "unrequired" which isn't user-friendly

B) Split out into separate pipelines which is drastic and affects forecasting (as you can only look at one pipeline at a time). 

Summary
Without splitting this out into an identical, yet partitioned pipeline - we'd much prefer it to all sit in the same pipeline, but have functionality by saying if Deal Property is X, then show only Fields Y and Z at this stage. 

12 Comentarios
abrow
Colaborador

We are in desparate need of this as well. 

We have gone the route of:
A) Which is to list out all fields and possibilities at that stage as "unrequired" which isn't user-friendly

And it is a nightmare! People simply skip fields that they should be filling out (because I can't make them required, because in certain circumstances they shouldn't be required).

For us, we have a deal pipeline that contains all our upsells, downsells, and renewals. As you can imagine, when an upsell is 'won' you should fill out drastically different fields than if a renewal is 'won', and same for downsells. We end up with a large number of fields being displayed when a rep moves a deal to 'won' and they are prompted with so many fields that just don't pertain to their deal at all, that they end up ignoring the fields that DO pertain to that deal plus filling out fields that DONT pertain to that deal. It's a mess, and splitting out upsells, downsells, and renewal deals into a different pipeline would cause much more chaos in forecasting and usability too.

tcxen
Colaborador | Partner nivel Platinum

This would be a game changer.

JSteer
Miembro

Get this done ASAP.

SamWadey
Miembro

In desperate need of this feature.

Sophieecarrillo
Participante

Completely agree - this is so needed! 

Leaving them as unrequired is not ideal. We need conditional logic for conditional stage properties ASAP.

Edyta7510
Guía

This is truly needed! 

I've been thinking myself about setting a workflow that would automatically fill in these "unrequired" properties if my condition is unmet, but many of them are dropdown lists, etc; I can't add NA as an option 😞 

mangelet
Guía | Partner nivel Platinum

Hey there! I noticed some activity around this idea and thought I'd chime in on points A and B mentioned earlier.

First off, the option to create conditional properties is now available and out of beta. I think that's what sparked this idea in the first place, right? You can check it out – here's the link.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/crm-setup/set-up-conditional-logic-for-enumeration-properties

Secondly, there's another cool feature you might find useful. It's called "Forecast Category." What it does is let you group deal stages from different pipelines into categories. That way, you can see a consolidated forecast of all your pipelines. Here's the link for that too.

https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forecast/set-up-the-forecast-tool

I wanted to share this info because I saw people discussing this issue, and also to check if these two features actually solve your problems.

So, what do you think? Are we all set with these updates, or is there still something else we need to tackle? Let me know!

Edyta7510
Guía

Hi @mangelet , thanks for chiming in 😉 

I am aware of the conditional properties, yes. 

However, is it possible to apply them in a way that would meet what we need here? 

As far as I know and based on my tests, I am able to set the following: 

If deal property -> deal stage = LEAD, ask for additional properties. However, there's no way to make those additional properties that pop-up compulsory? 

Perhaps I'm looking at this with a wrong filter

mangelet
Guía | Partner nivel Platinum

Hey @Edyta7510 I think conditional properties could definitely help you out.

Let's think of an example I just tested.

In a normal Sales Pipeline, at the Qualified stage, I'm asking for priority as required.

Now, the conditional logic works like this:

1️⃣ if the priority is low, I'm asking you to explain why you'd still want to move forward with this opportunity.

2️⃣ And if the priority is super high, I'm asking what your next action will be.

In both cases, I'm making these fields mandatory. So, if the priority is high, you must provide your next step; and if it's low, you need to explain why you want to continue with this opportunity.

These required fields depend on the priority level, which means we're dealing with fully conditional logic here.

I believe this would work well for your needs. What do you think?

If you're thinking of a specific scenario and can describe it in detail, we can look into that too.

FPistorius
Miembro

This this something we are desparately needing as well! When different agreement types are selected for example, different properties are required to be completed and its gets meesy/cosnfusing when all properties are visible, but not required for a specific ageement.

beckylimina
Miembro

There are various threads on this now and there's been no movement on it for years, any chance of getting this delivered HubSpot?