Completing Tasks and follow-up

When you check completed tasks in the tasks tab you have the ability to add a follow-up task.  Why is this not available when you are in the contact and have a task open to complete?

Also, I would like to see a notes link right in the contact task box, similar to adding notes when you make a call through HubSpot

HubSpot updates
2 Replies
New Contributor

When marking a task as complete from within the Tasks Dashboard, you receive a pop up to create a follow-up task. However, you do not receive that same pop-up from within the contact record when a task is marked complete. HubSpot Support believes this may have to do with the page you are on when completing the task. Since you are already on the contact record, they would rather you just click the new task button that’s already within the contact record to create an additional task for yourself. Within the Tasks Dashboard though, since you aren't directly on the contact record, the pop-up helps cuts down on the time it may take you to either have to track down the contact and make the task there, or manually input the relevant contact information to ensure our task is tied to the correct record. Even though this is expected behavior at this time, HubSpot Support doesn't see any harm with the pop-up being in both locations. Can we enter this in as an enhancement request? The completion pop-up for a follow up task should happen site-wide. Thanks!

Gonna voice my support for this idea. I actually was confused when I didn't see the popup follow up task the first time I checked a task complete in somewhere other than the tasks dashboard....I expected to see a popup just like on tasks page.

I do ALOT of following up in my work, frequently checking off one follow up task and immediatly creating another task to follow up in a week or two. 

I would love to see a completion follow up pop up anywhere it's possible to check a task complete.