HubSpot Ideas

stephentradify

Comparison of properties as enrollment condition on lists/workflows

Allow a new condition in lists/workflows that compares different properties. One example it can help with is to automatically find who is the primary contact for a company.

You could do it in a workflow like this:

IF Contact Email is equal to Company Email 

THEN set contact property Primary Contact to YES.

HubSpot Updates
Being Reviewed
May 18, 2020 01:13 PM

Hi Everyone,

I'm Jesse Tremblay, Product Manager for our Automation products here at HubSpot. Thanks for all of your feedback on this thread.

While we don't currently have anything planned here, we are going to be reviewing this idea. We will update this thread as we learn more.

Best,

Jesse

101 Replies
Dfrain1897

+ 1 

Adding to this thread we have Contacts that are added through outside sources and their addresses at times are inocrrectly set to their Associated Company.

If we could build a workflow that said:

if Contact Address = Company address set status to X

That would be very helpful.

BradHarris
Participant | Gold Partner

@jtremblay Do we have any update here now almost 3 years later to your original post saying this is being reviewed? This is a really important feature that is required by so many users, as indicated by this post and the various other posts within the community elsewhere. 

mgoswick
Contributor

Worth noting that this functionality is possible with Operations Hub Profession using the "custom code" workflow step, but would be nice to have this functionality out of the box and without requiring both Ops Hub and someone with a least some light javascript knowledge to be able to set up.

ADale
Member | Elite Partner

Would be a great feature to have natively.

If anyone is looking for a workaround, I found a great way I'm able to do this for my clients.

The key is the if/then decision "Property A was modified after property B" and use the fact that if you do a "change value" to a property but it already has the value you're "changing" it to— then HS doesn't count it as a "modified". So basically, you write a value, and see whether HS counted it as a "modified" or not.

It can be a little tricky, but once you do it once or twice, you get the hang of it. Complete guide with screenshots if you want to try it yourself: https://areveo.com/how-to-see-if-two-properties-are-equal-in-hubspot

Hope this helps! If you have any questions on it, let me know always happy to chat!

orianef
Participant

+1

SergeyJ

+1

antonia_kraft
Contributor | Platinum Partner

+1

DFenton
Participant

This would help especially since HubSpot can't report on historical data. We would like to use it to keep track of how we're doing on our predicted revenue for each quarter. 

For example,

IF Quarter 1 Predict Revenue property is greater than or equal to the Total Revenue Property 

THEN set the most recent deal to closed

Hood1min30

+1

Roeland_RS
Participant

Also would want this.

Use-case:

- Companies can enter an IBAN/Bank account number in the e-sign contract along with a SEPA/ACH form

- This info ends up in a property in the Deal

- We want to fill this into a property on the company record 

- IF value of deal propery EQUALS value of company property THEN do nothing

- IF company property value is UNKNOWN (empty) THEN copy deal property value 

- IF deal property value DOES NOT EQUAL value of company property THEN send email to finance department (to notify them that an IBAN has been provided that is different from the one previously provided) 

A same sort of use case for chamber of commerce number they provide. 

jzanette33
Participant

Any update here? 3+ years waiting for response from HubSpot

GLloyd1
Contributor

Need it! I just found an application and I am disappointed that this is not an available option. I have different pipelines for one time purchases as well as monthly recurring revenue. Since there's no way to set the deal amount in the monthly recurring revenue pipeline to MRR as default, I need to explore how to copy my custom property of monthly recurring revenue to the deal amount field.

I wanted to compare the MRR field with the Amount field. If different OR amount is blank, copy MRR to Amount. 

EWood-Malloy

Just wondered if there was any update on this idea and it is very much needed

DeanFrazier
Contributor

+1

JCrowNM
Contributor

I have different deal amounts in different years. I added properties for FY24 Mount, FY25 Amount, etc. But I need to verify if they add up to the Amount of the total contract. It is crazy how complicated this has become. First of all I have to create a calcluated property to sum all the FY amounts (which still isn't working). But now I find out I can't even compare the Amount and the Sum of all FY Amounts fields to verify if they are the same. Yikes!

JanetMcLean
Participant

This would be a really helpful feature - hope we can have it pushed up the priority list 

AnjaHerc

Hubspot Product team, any updates on this? The idea was submitted 7 years ago, cmon!

JNewman
Contributor

Definitely need this - need to compare two dates (sale and cancel) as we chargeback commission previously paid if the sale is cancelled within a certain timeframe.

JSchönwald

I Definitely need this too - need to compare two dates, it cannot be that difficult to make that work, are there any updates on this ??

LSørensen
Participant

This is exactly what we need to be able to quickly see which of the many contacts we need to send for example price lists and other critical information to.