HubSpot Ideas

stephentradify

Comparison of properties as enrollment condition on lists/workflows

Allow a new condition in lists/workflows that compares different properties. One example it can help with is to automatically find who is the primary contact for a company.

You could do it in a workflow like this:

IF Contact Email is equal to Company Email 

THEN set contact property Primary Contact to YES.

101 Comentários
nona
Membro

Hi @jtremblay  !

Completely agree with @gtwright 

"I'd love to be able to compare two numerical contact properties in a workflow. For example, if property A is greater than property B, then do X, else do Y."

Now we can only compare between date properties, would be really useful to be able to compare between numerical properties,

at least between ones that are of the same entity (two number properties in contacts for example).

Comparing between contact & company properties for sure requires more work, but comparing contact properties of the contact,  or ticket properties of a ticket, the same for deals, etc. Seems more feasible.

Thanks in advance! 🙂

Saper
Colaborador(a)

And here's another really simple yet essential – yet missing functionality on HubSpot. Very difficult to understand how such essential things are missing after years...

rskousen
Membro

This feature is very much needed by our company.

This would allow us to stop creating duplicate data by checking in a workflow if any existing company name == new contact's company name (which was entered from a form) before creating another company that just has to be merged later.

FelipeFelix
Top colaborador(a)

Any updates, HubSpot team? This would be a great feature!

Sometimes we need to match if two properties are the same due to some import/export process and is a pain to do this with Google Sheets.

Best, Felix

graceotaiza
Participante

+1

marketingchris
Participante

I solved my problem though a third property that I'm comparing the other two with. This is for checking if a customer is overutilized on a license: 

marketingchris_0-1611965020875.png

hannalofving
Colaborador(a) | Parceiro Platinum

Nothing new Hubspot? It's been almost a year since you said it was beeing reviewd. 

This is a highly wanted feature! 

klarx
Membro

Definitely needed. Especially when comparing created at or updated at dates with synced date properties

joshualanger
HubSpot Employee

Hi everyone - Joshua from HubSpot here!

For now, one workaround to this would be to create a new custom calculated property. This would allow you to set conditions that compare two numerical values so that if X > Y it would calculate the property. You could have the property do a simple calculation such as 1 + 1 so that if X > Y the new calculated property will have a value of 2 and if X <= Y (so if X is not greater than Y) then it wouldn't calculate at all. You can see what this would look like in the attached screenshot where the calculation depends on whether the 'number' property is greater than 'Total revenue'. You can then use this new calculated property in a Workflow/List so that if it is equal to 2 you will know that X > Y for that Contact etc.

To create such a property, simply go to Settings > Properties > click Create property and for the field type select Calculation and make sure to build a custom equation.

custom equation.png

RAgarwal
Membro

It's needed fast

theovencook
Participante

Hi, this is a needed function.

calculation field would work as a workaround, if you weren't limited to 4 on the pro version. (5, but hubspot steals 1).

Please some comparitive function > < = for numbers and dates

(= only) for strings, lists and bools.

jgillan
Membro

Hello yes would like to do a comparison if Property X is equal, greater than or less than Property Y then set property to Z. As an example of the dream.

MArcher4
Membro

Agreed. I would love to compare two properties in a list.

I would use this feature to compare the first name to the last name. Unfortunately, our site is getting a lot of spam recently and the spammers fill in the same first name as they do the same last name. If I could have a list that showed me all my contacts that have the same first name AND last name I could easily remove spam more efficiently. Right now I have to manually read through our contacts to filter out the spam inquires. 

ClemMotionTech
Participante

Comparing features are a BIG missing part of workflows.
Comparing strings, numerical values, dates would really open many doors in terms of automation.
We're using tickets for tracking custom-made products in the field, and need to automatically keep updated a large set of properties, depending on a large variety of potential occurences. Having no comparing features is a big blocking factor for maintaining a healthy / up-to-date database.

Hope this will come soon !

AirswiftRob
Colaborador(a)

I need to check for duplicates if the contact is registered under their secondary email. 

Custom calculation only lets me check numbers.

Any news on this one HubSpot?

Viddy
HubSpot Employee

Posting on behlaf of my customer:

being able to verify if one property matches with another property will help us greatly in order to confirm if a new customer is actually referrred by an exisitng customer we have. this feature will make things alot easier and less manual for us. 

digitalkrewe
Top colaborador(a) | Parceiro

We want to compare two properties to see if they are equal. Below is an example of values in two single-line text properties.

For example:

Sometimes, Hubspot insights input the incorrect address for a company, and the contact completed a form and provided the correct address. We would like to compare the street address for a company and the street address for the primary contact. If the street address property is not equal, then set a task or send an internal notification.

MMetros5
Colaborador(a)

How is this not a feature. My god - the limitations on this platform explain why companies scale off Hubspot. You are forced to grow into how Hubspot believes you should run your sales and marketing - Not the other way around.

STaruc
Colaborador(a)

+1. Surprised that entering a personalization token in a conditional branch doesn't work.

paulopes
Participante

I just came across the need for this feature as wanted to improve on some of HubSpot default automation.
Naming I just want to add the company owner to a new contact created from inbound. In other words, if some sales create manually or by importation a lead I don't want the automation to run (HubSpot doesn't make a difference between offline and online leads). 
To solve this I am trying to create a condition to check if an offline lead has a different owner from the company owner and thus alert both of the potential misalignment in account management.