HubSpot Ideas

Hawk-Steve

Company fields in forms

My company consults with other companies on a B2B basis for training their staff, we build a company profile and an organisational needs analysis (ONA) for those companies to identify their training needs.

What I find strange is that we can only create forms with contact property fields and not company fields (Deal fields too). A contact record does not need a "Total company wage bill" property for example, but I'm forced to create one in order to copy the property over to the company record using a workflow. See: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/choose-your-workflow-actions#copy-a-pro...

I'd like the ability to add company fields into a form, to bypass the need to create unnecessary workflows and contact properties. I could see a use for deal fields too as a way to collect order information

(I'd be surprised if I was the first person to suggest this idea, but I couldn't find any related posts around the subject. Let me know if this is a duplicate)

EDIT: Deals and other objects should really be involved in here as well, with the Custom Objects beta coming into play, this is worth discussing too!

HubSpot-Updates
Status aktualisiert zu: Delivered
December 13, 2021 07:55 AM

December 13, 2021 07:55 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am very excited to inform that support for company properties in Forms is live now. 

Few Notable callouts:

• Support for company properties in Forms does not currently extend to pop- up forms
  • Company properties are not supported as Progressive Fields but do support Dependent Fields

Regards,

Sabari Ram

Senior Product Manager, Forms & Feedback Surveys

Re: Company/Deal fields in forms - changed to: In Beta
October 22, 2020 06:35 AM

Hi team, I have some good news to share here, we now have a new beta of the Forms app that includes the ability to add Company properties to your forms and collect/create company information via your externally embedded, or CMS embedded forms on HubSpot. 

If you're interested in trying out this beta please submit your HubSpot Portal IDs here: https://forms.gle/BRW4qetFxshbC6rL9 and we'll add the beta to your portal within 1 business day. 

Please note: This beta doesn't currently include the ability to add Deal properties to HubSpot forms, we are evaluating ways to introduce support for Deals in the future.

December 04, 2019 01:14 PM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm a Product Manager at HubSpot. I totally understand the frustration here. Can you give me some examples of different company and deal fields you would use in Forms? I'm trying to understand the problem better. 

110 Kommentare
JoeMayall
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

Hey folks!

I'm happy to report that this feature is now Delivered!

You can add company property form fields using this method: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/forms/create-forms#add-and-edit-form-fields

More info on using Deal properties on forms can be found here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Use-Deal-Properties-in-Forms/idi-p/208361

Best!

Joe

JB1
Mitglied | Gold Partner
Mitglied | Gold Partner

Excellent news. Thank you. This is a really useful feature.

Dev_asyblue
Mitglied

Hi,
I don't seem to have access to this feature.
Only the contacts are proposed to me in Object type.

Is there anything more to do?

Forms _ HubSpot 2021-07-08 16-47-11.png

AsherJac
Mitglied

I'm in the same situation as @Dev_asyblue I can only select 'Contact' from that list. I need to add Company feilds.

Status aktualisiert zu: In Beta
JoeMayall
HubSpot-Alumnus/Alumna

Hi folks,

I'd like to apologize. It seems like we got our wires crossed, and I believed this Idea to be Delivered when in reality it is In Beta. This is why some of you haven't been able to access the feature.

To confirm, this Idea is still In Beta. If you'd like to gain access, please contact your HubSpot point of contact or HubSpot Support.

Apologies for any confusion,

Joe

SabariRam
HubSpot-Produktteam

Hi Everyone,

I am very excited to inform that support for company properties in Forms is live now. 

Few Notable callouts:

• Support for company properties in Forms does not currently extend to pop- up forms
  • Company properties are not supported as Progressive Fields but do support Dependent Fields

Regards,

Sabari Ram

Senior Product Manager, Forms & Feedback Surveys

SabariRam
HubSpot-Produktteam

Willirob
Teilnehmer/-in | Diamond Partner

Hey Hi Hello!

I love that this was realeased recently, however, I was told by support (and I can confirm) that you still cannot add custom company properties to forms. 

I'm not sure this solves a bulk of the things folks were trying to achieve on this thread. Or I am just special? 

Thanks,

Robert

hannahflat
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

@Willirob Hey, I created a form yesterday using company properties and I'm pretty sure I was able to use custom ones. I was even able to create a new custom company property from the form. 

KMulcahy
Mitglied

Hi everyone. I have set up a Hubspot form for our sales team to fill in, and I have linked a number of the properties. I'm trying to work out how to get the answers from their form to automatically populate the properties against the company they are filling in the form about. Can someone please help?