HubSpot Ideas

Hawk-Steve

Company fields in forms

My company consults with other companies on a B2B basis for training their staff, we build a company profile and an organisational needs analysis (ONA) for those companies to identify their training needs.

What I find strange is that we can only create forms with contact property fields and not company fields (Deal fields too). A contact record does not need a "Total company wage bill" property for example, but I'm forced to create one in order to copy the property over to the company record using a workflow. See: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/choose-your-workflow-actions#copy-a-pro...

I'd like the ability to add company fields into a form, to bypass the need to create unnecessary workflows and contact properties. I could see a use for deal fields too as a way to collect order information

(I'd be surprised if I was the first person to suggest this idea, but I couldn't find any related posts around the subject. Let me know if this is a duplicate)

EDIT: Deals and other objects should really be involved in here as well, with the Custom Objects beta coming into play, this is worth discussing too!

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
December 13, 2021 07:55 AM

December 13, 2021 07:55 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am very excited to inform that support for company properties in Forms is live now. 

Few Notable callouts:

• Support for company properties in Forms does not currently extend to pop- up forms
  • Company properties are not supported as Progressive Fields but do support Dependent Fields

Regards,

Sabari Ram

Senior Product Manager, Forms & Feedback Surveys

Re: Company/Deal fields in forms - changed to: In Beta
October 22, 2020 06:35 AM

Hi team, I have some good news to share here, we now have a new beta of the Forms app that includes the ability to add Company properties to your forms and collect/create company information via your externally embedded, or CMS embedded forms on HubSpot. 

If you're interested in trying out this beta please submit your HubSpot Portal IDs here: https://forms.gle/BRW4qetFxshbC6rL9 and we'll add the beta to your portal within 1 business day. 

Please note: This beta doesn't currently include the ability to add Deal properties to HubSpot forms, we are evaluating ways to introduce support for Deals in the future.

December 04, 2019 01:14 PM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm a Product Manager at HubSpot. I totally understand the frustration here. Can you give me some examples of different company and deal fields you would use in Forms? I'm trying to understand the problem better. 

110 Replies
allisonj

Agree!  Our use case is that we track as customers to fill out a survey in order to get enough information to quote properly.   Essentially, we're quoting something for a company, not to a contact, and if a contact leaves the company, we still want to retain the company's requirements, so it makes most sense to use company properties, not contact properties.  

nicklund23

Also need this for B2B, very surprised its not already a feature

wasabimadison

I completely agree. My company is also B2B and uses a channel model. When a new channel partner wants to join our program, they fill out an application. This application is for the entire company, not a specific contact. The entire company is joining our program, not one person. Right now we have duplicate properties on company and contacts, with a workflow that copies the properties. However, this has already been broken a couple times by well-meaning employees making changes they didn't know would break the workflow. With company forms, this wouldn't be an issue!

I'm also on the train for deal specific forms. With this channel program, our partners submit deals to us they are working on to resell our product. It would be great to be able to send them a form that allows them to update us on their deal. Because one contact may be working on multiple deals, sending them a traditional form won't work.

rtejpar

@DomRychlik , do you have the update on this like you had suggested you would?

Hope to hear from you soon!

MikeyA

This would be really helpful for us and avoid a lot of manual effort/having to set up a contact property just to get around it!

dvj_RB

Please add this as well as the ability to add a deal property to a form. This should be an option for any contact that has a company and/or deal property associated.

bonnettep

Yes! we are also a B2B company.  I have set up all the address properties as company properties (we aren't interested in the buyer's home address) because we quote the company.  If the buyer changes jobs  all the company communication is WAY more important than the contact commuication.

I've also set up work flows to assign both the internal person as well as the outside sales rep based on the company address.  I see now i'll have to set up more work flows for leads from forms to migrate the info from the form to the contact to the company, which will put unnecessary info in the contact record. 

Please tell me you are working on this.

eeghbal4
Participant

Yes! 100%

HotDocShaun

+1

22Eighteen
Contributor

My company is a government-funded organization that needs a less labour intensive way to gather company-related information from entrepreneurs who wish to be part of their grant program. Some of the company related fields would be custom properties.  

We want to automate/offload the entry of this information to the applicants.  Once the data is entered we will create active lists and/or reports that can be downloaded/exported, or screen captured, for sharing with their board and appropriate government agencies.

Because HubSpot doesn't allow for a company or deal records on a form they are forced to gather this information via paper forms from applicants and manually enter all forms each week.  I don't necessarily need a form that incorporates company and contact and deal information as I could create separate forms easily for each type of information and help applicants navigate through them by setting up a multi-step form (different landing page/form for each step which would have either contact or company) and instead of "submit" on the button the text can be next with the action redirecting to the next landing page/form.

CTI

+1 ... otherwise I also can use Google Forms. 

madbaets

Any updates on this? @DomRychlik

Conzo427
Contributor

Yeah, I am confused as to why this isn't possible also.  We are B2B not B2C

EricaGmz
Participant

This is a key feature for our business. Please consider adding. 

GlennMillerLupo
Contributor | Platinum Partner

SAme issue. 

We are a platinum Solution partner. 

Many Clients are B2B.

@ethankopit for example our client signs up recruitment firms in specific niche's if the company filling in a form of theirs is not the right good fit, they dont want to talk to anyone at the company and therefor their first form field is type of recruiter.

I do totally get that people fill out forms not companies BUT would be useful and time saving if the occasion company field was mixed in with contact fields on a form.

Regards, Glenn

Maria_Collet

+1, Hubspot advises B2B companies to use company properties rather than contact properties, which makes sense. But until we can collect the company information in forms, we have to add it into contacts and then make copy-pastre workflows... quite frustrating...  @DomRychlik do you have any updates about this feature? Thanks for your reply! 

JB1
Member | Gold Partner
Member | Gold Partner

I agree with the above.  We want to avoid storing information on the contact record that should really be related to the company, so please can we have companies properties accessible via forms?  Thanks!

mccallus

We are another B2B company and not having access to company properties in forms is a huge PITA.

Example: Our company sells services to hockey leagues. When a contact fills in the contact form on our website we want to know the name of the league, the umbrella association the league belongs to, the number of teams in the league ... etc. the only information we are interested in from the "contact" is their name, email, ph # and role within the league.

@ethankopitare there plans to address this shortcoming?

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi HubSpot Community,

My name is Joe, I'm the Ideas Forum Manager. I've been in contact with the HubSpot product team about this thread. I wanted to thank you for your thoughtful comments on this post - they really help us build a better product.

This is a great Idea! We've been looking at this for a while, and can absolutely see how it would be beneficial to use forms to gather information about companies and deals. I'm happy to say our teams are currently working on adding this feature to Hubspot.
I am changing the status of this idea to in Planning as our teams are working on a plan to build and release this feature. As the work on this feature progresses, we'll be regularly updating the status of this post.

Best,
Joe

JoeMayall
HubSpot Alumni

Hi HubSpot Community,

I've been in contact with the Product team about this thread. I just wanted to thank you for your thoughtful comments on this post - they really help us build a better product.

This is a very good idea, and definitely something we've been looking at building for a while. I'm happy to say our teams are currently actively working on adding this feature to Hubspot.

I am changing the status of this idea to In Planning as our teams are working on a plan to build and release this feature. As the work on this feature progresses, we'll be regularly updating the status of this post.

Best!
Joe
Ideas Forum Manager