HubSpot Ideas

Hawk-Steve

Company fields in forms

My company consults with other companies on a B2B basis for training their staff, we build a company profile and an organisational needs analysis (ONA) for those companies to identify their training needs.

What I find strange is that we can only create forms with contact property fields and not company fields (Deal fields too). A contact record does not need a "Total company wage bill" property for example, but I'm forced to create one in order to copy the property over to the company record using a workflow. See: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/choose-your-workflow-actions#copy-a-pro...

I'd like the ability to add company fields into a form, to bypass the need to create unnecessary workflows and contact properties. I could see a use for deal fields too as a way to collect order information

(I'd be surprised if I was the first person to suggest this idea, but I couldn't find any related posts around the subject. Let me know if this is a duplicate)

EDIT: Deals and other objects should really be involved in here as well, with the Custom Objects beta coming into play, this is worth discussing too!

HubSpotからのアップデート
ステータスに更新: Delivered
December 13, 2021 07:55 AM

December 13, 2021 07:55 AM

Hi Everyone,

I am very excited to inform that support for company properties in Forms is live now. 

Few Notable callouts:

• Support for company properties in Forms does not currently extend to pop- up forms
  • Company properties are not supported as Progressive Fields but do support Dependent Fields

Regards,

Sabari Ram

Senior Product Manager, Forms & Feedback Surveys

Re: Company/Deal fields in forms - changed to: In Beta
October 22, 2020 06:35 AM

Hi team, I have some good news to share here, we now have a new beta of the Forms app that includes the ability to add Company properties to your forms and collect/create company information via your externally embedded, or CMS embedded forms on HubSpot. 

If you're interested in trying out this beta please submit your HubSpot Portal IDs here: https://forms.gle/BRW4qetFxshbC6rL9 and we'll add the beta to your portal within 1 business day. 

Please note: This beta doesn't currently include the ability to add Deal properties to HubSpot forms, we are evaluating ways to introduce support for Deals in the future.

December 04, 2019 01:14 PM

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm a Product Manager at HubSpot. I totally understand the frustration here. Can you give me some examples of different company and deal fields you would use in Forms? I'm trying to understand the problem better. 

110件のコメント
cedaly
投稿者

Industry vertical is NOT a contact field - it is a Company field.  

liesbethhermans
参加者

Yes, please add this functionality! For B2B companies it's a quite essential one...

AxelS
投稿者 | Platinum Partner

Agree with posts above. What is Hubspots problem with mixing Company and Contact properties? I keep running in to touble with this. All great functions are limited to Contact properties only. Even if im B2C I still would like contacts to add company information when filling in forms, its curcial information in a lot of different sales. 

cedaly
投稿者

Beyond company - can you add a Deal, Company, Product into forms?  We could then create a form that could allow a customer to select a Workshop (a product) and checkout by paying for the workshop.  So many uses here, very surprised this is not a feature of Hubspot.

anna_kaminova
メンバー

Agreeing with this idea! This functionality is truly indispensable. 

With lack of such, spent a lot of time creating workflows that transfer values between Contact and Company properties!

hannah-keydata
参加者

We need this as well. Would be so helpful!

StephanieB
投稿者 | Elite Partner

Ugh seriously. SO many unnecessary workflows just to copy over this information. Plus, in an age where Dharmesh is preaching the pajama principle - it should be a given that an individual's location and company HQ may be in different places. We should be able to ask for either/both in a form. (among maaany other things)

willcurran
トップ投稿者

This makes a lot of sense. Same with deal info.

sditto
メンバー

How is this still not created?? I'm hitting such points of frustration right now. 

Gareth-SB
参加者

This is important for us too and was a real surprise that it is not possible.

My team have been planning an update to our contact management to have additional fields with useful information. Many of these relate to the company as we are a B2B software company. We thought we had this figured out - information about the company should be company information fields. Information about the contact should be contact information fields. We all agreed on that. But when I went to try creating a form with Company Information Fields - they aren't available. 

Searching led me here where I am equally surprised as the rest of the people that this is still not available. 

We are not that keen on duplicating all of the information using workflows to try and have the company information recorded against the company. 

If the properties beta is happening now - this is definitely something that should be part of it. 

fennar01
参加者

It's literally been years - please make this happen Hubspot

AxelS
投稿者 | Platinum Partner

I think this is vital for all b2b companies!

dgoodmanson
参加者

PLEASE Hubspot do this, how do we check if this is hapening?  Who at Hubspot reads these?

seakitteh
メンバー

I would like to use forms to create an online application that allows me to onboard new partners more quickly. I can't believe that I have to add all of this information to a contact and can't associate with a business even if I create the company property. What if that person leaves? I have to remember which individual to look up this information?

DomRychlik
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hi everyone,

Thanks for all the really useful comments/ideas/suggestions on this. I just wanted to give everyone on this thread an update on this and say we're currently actively exploring this. I should be able to give a status update by the end of the week.

MathiouServices
メンバー

Any updates on this - would be great for it to be actioned - also a need for our company, it's frustrating that I have to create a contact field that is for a company field. 

ethankopit
HubSpot製品開発チーム

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm a Product Manager at HubSpot. I totally understand the frustration here. Can you give me some examples of different company and deal fields you would use in Forms? I'm trying to understand the problem better. 

myrnarroyo
参加者 | Solutions Partner

Here's my use case:

My client is a travel company that sells trips. The same contact may have multiple trips booked, I.e. multiple deals.

Each trip is a Deal in HubSpot.

I'd like to be able to send a form to the traveler for their specific information associated with the trip (flights, hotel bedding preferences, etc...) and have this populate in the deal record.  I was able to set up a Booking Details form in TypeForm to do this and then move it back into HubSpot using Automate.io, so that's how I solved it for this use case. But it would be great to have this built in to HubSpot.

Myrna

sditto
メンバー

My company is B2B, so we are much more interested in company information as a primary field versus contact information. We want to use some forms internally as well, so if someone fills out a form with company information, it can update company fields or add company entries into HubSpot. We're severely limited and can't use HubSpot to its fullest potential because contact is the primary way you sort in the tool. 

ThierryCalderon
投稿者 | Diamond Partner

agree