Company fields in forms

My company consults with other companies on a B2B basis for training their staff, we build a company profile and an organisational needs analysis (ONA) for those companies to identify their training needs.

What I find strange is that we can only create forms with contact property fields and not company fields (Deal fields too). A contact record does not need a "Total company wage bill" property for example, but I'm forced to create one in order to copy the property over to the company record using a workflow. See: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/choose-your-workflow-actions#copy-a-pro...

I'd like the ability to add company fields into a form, to bypass the need to create unnecessary workflows and contact properties. I could see a use for deal fields too as a way to collect order information

(I'd be surprised if I was the first person to suggest this idea, but I couldn't find any related posts around the subject. Let me know if this is a duplicate)

HubSpot updates
Company fields in formsHubSpot Product Team
Wednesday

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm a Product Manager at HubSpot. I totally understand the frustration here. Can you give me some examples of different company and deal fields you would use in Forms? I'm trying to understand the problem better. 

9 Replies
myrnarroyo
Occasional Contributor

I need this too! I want to be able to collect deal specific information via a Form and have it populate  Deal Properties. Since my customers have multiple deals at one time, each with different values, I can't do this from the Contact Properties.

Giordan
New Contributor

This is yet another OBVIOUS feature that Hubspot continues to overlook. Hubspot is supposed to automate things and make them simpler but I can't help thinking that I spend more time constantly trying to build workarounds to complete what would be very quick and straightforward tasks if HS was listening to its community and building the obvious features that we all need.

BD31
New Contributor

Same issue. How is this not a feature in HS? I have over 20 fields in a form that belong on a Company record and my only option is to create a ton of workflows? No thank you. 

RobbieJ
Occasional Contributor

I agree with everyones comments - forms need to be for more than just contacts. This is a lot of extra work. This means I am creating Properties that do not belong to a Contact just so I can make a form that can capture the data we need, then creating workflows that are also not needed to propogate the information around. This should be easy.

JeffUnigran
Visitor

Também preciso desta opção, além da agilidade no registro não polui tanto o ambiente com a criação de tantos fluxos de trabalho. 

sditto
New Contributor

How is this still not created?? I'm hitting such points of frustration right now. 

HubSpot Product Team
HubSpot Product Team

Hey folks - my name is Ethan and I'm a Product Manager at HubSpot. I totally understand the frustration here. Can you give me some examples of different company and deal fields you would use in Forms? I'm trying to understand the problem better. 

myrnarroyo
Occasional Contributor

Here's my use case:

My client is a travel company that sells trips. The same contact may have multiple trips booked, I.e. multiple deals.

Each trip is a Deal in HubSpot.

I'd like to be able to send a form to the traveler for their specific information associated with the trip (flights, hotel bedding preferences, etc...) and have this populate in the deal record.  I was able to set up a Booking Details form in TypeForm to do this and then move it back into HubSpot using Automate.io, so that's how I solved it for this use case. But it would be great to have this built in to HubSpot.

Myrna

sditto
New Contributor

My company is B2B, so we are much more interested in company information as a primary field versus contact information. We want to use some forms internally as well, so if someone fills out a form with company information, it can update company fields or add company entries into HubSpot. We're severely limited and can't use HubSpot to its fullest potential because contact is the primary way you sort in the tool.