HubSpot Ideas

Hawk-Steve

Company fields in forms

My company consults with other companies on a B2B basis for training their staff, we build a company profile and an organisational needs analysis (ONA) for those companies to identify their training needs.

What I find strange is that we can only create forms with contact property fields and not company fields (Deal fields too). A contact record does not need a "Total company wage bill" property for example, but I'm forced to create one in order to copy the property over to the company record using a workflow. See: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/choose-your-workflow-actions#copy-a-pro...

I'd like the ability to add company fields into a form, to bypass the need to create unnecessary workflows and contact properties. I could see a use for deal fields too as a way to collect order information

(I'd be surprised if I was the first person to suggest this idea, but I couldn't find any related posts around the subject. Let me know if this is a duplicate)

EDIT: Deals and other objects should really be involved in here as well, with the Custom Objects beta coming into play, this is worth discussing too!

110 Replies
CROFTi
Participant | Diamond Partner

Sooo cant wait for this option to be available. We have been creating workflows for all our clients to solve this issue for years!

Marlou
Participant

@JoeMayall Do you please have an update for this feature? 

Arran
Contributor

+1

harisnp_baabte
Participant

This is very important for us. Please do it fast. 

hannahflat
Contributor

Yep this is a must! 

AdamSinger-AGP
Contributor | Partner

I guess I just don't see any reason not to enable this feature.  There are plenty of reasons I would want someone to fill out information about a company, not just about themselves, so why wouldn't I have. form that enables someone to fill out info about the company?

Shay
HubSpot Product Team

Hi team, I have some good news to share here, we now have a new beta of the Forms app that includes the ability to add Company properties to your forms and collect/create company information via your externally embedded, or CMS embedded forms on HubSpot. 

If you're interested in trying out this beta please submit your HubSpot Portal IDs here: https://forms.gle/BRW4qetFxshbC6rL9 and we'll add the beta to your portal within 1 business day. 

Please note: This beta doesn't currently include the ability to add Deal properties to HubSpot forms, we are evaluating ways to introduce support for Deals in the future.

ivanlutolf

Dear HubSpot developpers,

could you please tell us when are you going to configure this important property to our Forms?

May thanks!

ClemOaky
Participant

Just realized that the beta helps a lot when it comes to website forms but the functionality to use Companies Properties is NOT yet available for Meeting Links questions (lots of contacts are created this way). 

This limits the functionality by about 200% for us. Maybe an idea to implement this change there too?

MattD
Participant

Beta is looking great, thanks. 

MattD
Participant

Re Beta So how do we actually link the forms to a company?

Use case for this is our sales team creating a 'Company Plan' for target accounts and filling in whitespace in the data against a company e.g Revenue, Industry etc.

We wanted to use a form as its nice and easy, all the information we want to collect in one place and no diving around in the 'back end' of company records.

I've tried using an associated contact email address attached to the company.

E.g.
1. contact email field

2. a long list company fields that we want to update

It just created a new company.

We dont have domain names on all our records so I cant use that.

I dont seem to have a foolproof way to link a form to a company unless I am missing something.

SnehaMoraes

I've been using the beta, and while helpful, it lacks the ability to auto-populate form fields for the company fields. It is a neccesity to be able to have clients verify and update their company information as we work with startups who can have changing information and at the moment I cannot create static query strings for all of them. My current work-around is to create lists of peole who we have incomplete information for and sending them the company form, but again, the form should really have personalization tokens for company properties that auto-fill the fields. 

Thank you. 

rwolupo
Top Contributor

i'd love this feature!

Alexrott
Contributor

I've been using the beta, and while helpful, it lacks the ability to auto-populate form fields for the company fields. It is a neccesity to be able to have clients verify and update their company information as we work with startups who can have changing information and at the moment I cannot create static query strings for all of them. My current work-around is to create lists of peole who we have incomplete information for and sending them the company form, but again, the form should really have personalization tokens for company properties that auto-fill the fields. 

Thank you. 

+1

this is an essential feature to be able to fully use the company fields in forms.

Kranholm

Hi,

I have been testing the new beta version, and it seems that if I want to use company properties in forms, I also need to ask for the company domain. From a communication point of view it might seem odd to the visitor/lead/customer that we ask for company domain. 

Is there any chance we can have a funtionality, that converts the domain from contact email to company domain ? 

My dream scenario is that I can ask for contact email and name - and the rest company properties.

Thanks! 

Best,

Louise

Damianlerman

Hi @Shay 

I'm interested in trying this beta version. I have completed the request, but I don't know how active that form is, so just in case asking you here.

Thank you,

KLaubmeier

I am very interested in incorporating deal and company properties in forms. If there is a beta version available for either of these features, please let me know. Thanks!

SRoberts

We are using this Beta at the moment and love how you can incorporate Company fields into forms. 

It would be heplful if the forms could auto-populate the company fields as it does for contact fields when this value is known. The main reason would be for our customer contacts more than non-customers. It's just a little touch to relieve customer pain and save them a little time when they have to complete a form they have completed before.  It would also reduce the risk of errors if the company fields populate with what we have in HubSpot, rather than relying on the person completing the form to spell values correctly.

It would also be good if this could be extended and include the options to add in custom object and deal properties to forms as well.

suziedugger
Participant | Diamond Partner

Is there anyone to speak to regarding suggestions to this beta? @Shay 

he2solar

Hi Guys, 

any timeline on this?

Regards,

Aguinaldo Diniz