HubSpot Ideas

Hawk-Steve

Company fields in forms

My company consults with other companies on a B2B basis for training their staff, we build a company profile and an organisational needs analysis (ONA) for those companies to identify their training needs.

What I find strange is that we can only create forms with contact property fields and not company fields (Deal fields too). A contact record does not need a "Total company wage bill" property for example, but I'm forced to create one in order to copy the property over to the company record using a workflow. See: https://knowledge.hubspot.com/articles/kcs_article/workflows/choose-your-workflow-actions#copy-a-pro...

I'd like the ability to add company fields into a form, to bypass the need to create unnecessary workflows and contact properties. I could see a use for deal fields too as a way to collect order information

(I'd be surprised if I was the first person to suggest this idea, but I couldn't find any related posts around the subject. Let me know if this is a duplicate)

EDIT: Deals and other objects should really be involved in here as well, with the Custom Objects beta coming into play, this is worth discussing too!

110 Kommentare
anthonylacoste
Mitglied | Gold Partner

Same issue here !

Thanks

PatBuonoNB
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

We NEED this feature to avoid the creation of workflows that copy properties from contacts to companies. This is particularly relevant when integrating with Salesforce. Many HubSpot portals are integrated and have specific needs on the Company and SFDC Account object. Maintaining these workflows make for an unclean portal and redundant properties, as the OP alluded to. 

If any urgency can be put behind this...please do! 

TimD1
Teilnehmer/-in

This is a MUST HAVE hope you can fix this in short term!!!!! THX!

tomgraphite
Mitglied

Hi guys,

Please can you add me as a BETA user when this functionality comes out?

Thanks!

Tom

alistairscott
Mitglied

Hi,

Please include me as a BETA user on this feature when launched.

Regards,

Alistair

barneygoodman
Teilnehmer/-in

We're currently trialling HS but this is a deal breaker for me. We are B2B and having forms that capture company properties is essential. I won't be messing around with workflows. Bonkers. An update on the progress for this feature would be appreciated. Many thanks.

Sharon_G
Mitglied

Hi - We need this as well!  Do you have an approximate timeline?  We're using forms for onboarding questionnaires and want this information to be in the company records.  Please include us in the beta.

henriaf
Mitglied

HI @JoeMayall ,

Any update on the deployment timeline?

We will really need this here as well.

Many thanks,

Henria 

KRoeter
Mitglied

Hi! We need this as well. Please include me as a BETA user on this feature when launched.

azalaquett
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

Yes please! Trying to do this as we speak to capture preliminary Legal Information about our clients after they fill out a form requesting services. We're trying to have the Thank You email link to a form to capture this directly into HubSpot. My client used to have to capture all of this directly. I suppose I can duplicate the fields as Contact fields and build a Workflow to copy property into the Company property in the meantime! 

vanessahunt
Stratege/Strategin | Platinum Partner

Is there any update on when this will be released please @JoeMayall ? I am just about to create some forms for one of my clients, where we'd like to capture quite a lot of data about a Company. I automatically created the custom properties on the Company object, since my background is Salesforce and that's where the data should be stored. I really don't want to have to create the properties on BOTH the Contact and Company objects. It would be great if this was due to be released in the next few days! Look forward to your update about the release date...

Fifestar
Teilnehmer/-in

Please do this ASAP! 

jjanek
Mitwirkender/Mitwirkende

I agree with others in this thread, this is a necessity and we're having to build our own forms elsewhere to get around this.

KDO
Mitglied

@JoeMayall When there is a BETA for this, if there is one, can I be placed on the list as well.

Thanks!

GregZ
Mitglied

Same.  we have B2B and B2C needs and this would be immensely helpful in the B2B space where we need to recruit companies into our network - similar to other examples above. 

krsadams
Mitglied

@JoeMayall can I be added to a list for this BETA as well?

erica11
Stratege/Strategin

This would be very useful for us! So frustrating having to create duplicate contact properties for forms and then copy it over to the company property. Look forward to hearing updates on this.

abrahamsaada
Mitglied

is this Idea already reality ? 

ClemOaky
Teilnehmer/-in

Absolutely basic feature, this would fix about 100 workflows we currently have just to sync Company data that had to be collected at Contact level because this isn't possible.

Also, make it possible to make Company (or Contact) properties required when moving along a deal!

sanshiro
Teilnehmer/-in | Elite Partner

any news on that?