HubSpot Ideas

Ron8

Company duplication prevention

Hi Hubspot! I think a lot of customers would benefit from having some sort of company duplication prevention measures in place. At this moment when a user goes to create a new company and they use a company domain name that is already in the system they're met with a message that says "Gosh, that looks familiar. Did you mean:" and then it gives a some examples. A lot of support reps completely ignore this and create serveral duplicates that fragment conversations and tracking. If there are systems in place to detect that a duplicate is about to be created, it be great if there was an option in company settings to prevent users from creating a duplicate company at all.

4 Replies
deehunter

I agree. We just started multiple users and want to prevent multiple people from working on the same account

DBuckleyLeadG2
Member | Diamond Partner

This is related but the way to spot duplicates by company name isn't there. This is very frustrating because most reps ignore the "company domain" field or some companies even have multiple. Ideally the intelligence of HubSpot would notice duplicate names. We've had exact same company records be created with imports and not spotted as duplicates. Very frustrating. 

Tonya1
Participant

In my situation I have a company that does not have a domain/ url. So, when I type the name in to see if there is a duplicate no warning comes up. I create the company only to find out it is already in there and connected to an existing contact. It would be great to have a flag that could trigger for just a company name, not just the URL/ domain.

AStansbury

Agreed duplicate deals and companies is a BIG issue for us! We just had to go through your "review duplicates" tool MANUALLY and click the "review and merge" buttons literally 3,000 times this week. The problem for us is that companies are getting created separately when it's the same domain that is slight different like hubspot.com, hubspot.com.us and hubspot.com.au. If you can detect that it's the same company but with different country URL indication, that would be SUPER helpful! Especially to ensure reps aren't creating different deals on the same exact company.