HubSpot Ideas

GLR

Company and contact info mandatory to create a DEAL

Hello,

I am just starting with Deals and I have an issue regarding the mandatory properties to create a deal. 

When Creating a Deal, I want my team to put the Company and the contact associated with the deal. Both information are Mandatory to create a Deal. Today this is not possible.

It seems like a no brainer to ensure team are never missing basic information in a deal.

Thank you

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
December 19, 2022 12:29 PM

Hello everyone - an update that this feature is now out to 100% of portals (Starter and above). Please note that it's not reflected in the mobile experience yet - but we are prioritizing that for 2023. Thank you so much for the consistent feedback, and please continue to post feedback on any improvements you'd like to see to future iterations of this functionality.

Thanks,
Rachel

Edit: Details on how this feature works can be found in this KB article.

In Beta
December 05, 2022 03:33 PM

Hi all! An update for you - We are currently in private beta for a feature that will allow you to set associations as visible or required when a standard object record is created. This would include the ability to require users to associate a company or contact when a new Deal is created. 

Your CSM can request access to this beta on your behalf. We plan to move this feature to public beta in the near feature based on usage and customer feedback, at which point customers will be able to opt in themselves. Thank you all for your feedback!!

In Planning
November 10, 2022 01:41 PM

Hi everyone - I'm Rachel from the CRM Product team. We are currently working on a feature that will allow you to set associations as visible or required when a standard object record is created. This would include the ability to require users to associate a company or contact when a new Deal is created.  

Thank you for your input thus far, every comment helps our team prioritize this work. I will post again once I have more updates.

Rachel

Being Reviewed
October 28, 2021 03:12 PM

Hi All, 

I'm happy to update that our product team is currently exploring how to solve the problem of setting associated records to deals mandatory in deal creation in HubSpot. In the meantime, please continue to leave your comments and use cases here in this thread

229 Replies
BClark1
Participant

This is a basic, and necessary feature that is long overdue. The fact that it took 4 years to be reviewed is disappointing. Hubspot needs to move with some urgency here.

RSullivan6

Cant sell to nobody 🙂 We need this as well! Thanks Hubspot

laurenhayley

This is so important to us. When creating a Deal and seeing so many Contacts associated with it, we need to be sending different communication to different Contacts. For example, if we could mandate a Buying Role for each Contact associated with a Deal, we can send communication and lead nurture material specific to their role in the Deal. We also need this for Workflows and relying on Sales Reps to fill it out for each Contact on a Deal is not efficient or fail-safe!

BLeppert0
Member | Elite Partner

We definitely need this feature, especially when setting up a sales process which must include Compliance/Trade Sanction/AML checks for Germany and UK. All Companies associated with a Deal need to be validated before a Deal can move forward in the Deal stages, which means Deals must have Companies associated so they can be easily checked for Compliance. Any update or timing on this feature?

PdeThoré

+1

I need to make "associated company " required when the salesteam  creates a deal 

ThierryCalderon
Contributor | Diamond Partner

Hi HS

Any news on this basic feature ?

We must have contact and companies associated to a deal. This is basic info for all the reps in all our plateform.

Thanks

VPasquier
Dear Hubspot Team,
You received many emails for this request from many customers.
Except if I am wrong, we (Hubspot users) didn't received any information from Hubspot on this request: go to develop? date of availability ?
Thank you in advance to keep your customers informed.
Best Regards
Vincent, from SKYEPHARMA
CHoward3

Agree - this is vital to my business!

DdeCastro

This is a must!!! Why is it taking so long???

ptappink

Adding my request. This is something that sales, marketing and finance are all interested in at our organization. Seems insane it's not a standard feature/option.

VVenturino

We are having the same problem. It's weird that it's not a mandatory property. This would be very useful for us, because many account managers are not linking the company to the bussines. 

LLuo
Participant

100% agreed. In fact we need both Contact and Company associations to be mandatory when creating a new deal. The driving factor behind this is our need to measure marketing ROI. Imagine Marketing is creating a new lead (Contact) and that lead is not associated with the Deals in our pipeline. Without such association we are unable to see if the lead was effective toward sales conversion. A similar rationale exists for Company association, if we conduct account-based marketing. Please make this possible! 🙏

PCharron

I'm fascinated that there is no movement on this. The original request was years ago. We left Pipedrive for Hubspot because Hubspot was so much more advanced, yet it was the most basic function of Pipedrive. It doesn't need to be mandatory for clients who are using Hubspot in a different way, but why isn't company or contact available to set as a required field. 

LSilva5

Olá! 

É extremamente importante para garantir uma melhor usabilidade da ferramenta, tornar o campo "Empresas associadas" como obrigatório no formulário de "Negócio", isso diminui erros por parte dos usuários e melhora a construção de propostas.

sdip2020

This is one of the critical Business Needs. Because of the unavailability of this feature, Data sanity is going into a toss. The team is creating a lot of deals without the company tagging, which is not really helping the Management to generate reports later on. I am sure, many of the companies are facing similar issues. Please need a solution to it @hubspot Tech Team

NicoleJ
HubSpot Moderator

+1

Nicole_n
Participant

Can you explain what you mean by "create a process that pushes the contact to a deal automatically" so are you saying that the workflow pushes it, or that you implement the process as a culture? 

M4tr1xN30
Contributor

This really needs to be sorted asap.

BradDRS

There should also be a way to make Custom Objects mandatory.

RDuric
Participant

Has this been introduced yet?