HubSpot Ideas

GLR

Company and contact info mandatory to create a DEAL

Hello,

I am just starting with Deals and I have an issue regarding the mandatory properties to create a deal. 

When Creating a Deal, I want my team to put the Company and the contact associated with the deal. Both information are Mandatory to create a Deal. Today this is not possible.

It seems like a no brainer to ensure team are never missing basic information in a deal.

Thank you

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
December 19, 2022 12:29 PM

Hello everyone - an update that this feature is now out to 100% of portals (Starter and above). Please note that it's not reflected in the mobile experience yet - but we are prioritizing that for 2023. Thank you so much for the consistent feedback, and please continue to post feedback on any improvements you'd like to see to future iterations of this functionality.

Thanks,
Rachel

Edit: Details on how this feature works can be found in this KB article.

In Beta
December 05, 2022 03:33 PM

Hi all! An update for you - We are currently in private beta for a feature that will allow you to set associations as visible or required when a standard object record is created. This would include the ability to require users to associate a company or contact when a new Deal is created. 

Your CSM can request access to this beta on your behalf. We plan to move this feature to public beta in the near feature based on usage and customer feedback, at which point customers will be able to opt in themselves. Thank you all for your feedback!!

In Planning
November 10, 2022 01:41 PM

Hi everyone - I'm Rachel from the CRM Product team. We are currently working on a feature that will allow you to set associations as visible or required when a standard object record is created. This would include the ability to require users to associate a company or contact when a new Deal is created.  

Thank you for your input thus far, every comment helps our team prioritize this work. I will post again once I have more updates.

Rachel

Being Reviewed
October 28, 2021 03:12 PM

Hi All, 

I'm happy to update that our product team is currently exploring how to solve the problem of setting associated records to deals mandatory in deal creation in HubSpot. In the meantime, please continue to leave your comments and use cases here in this thread

229 Replies
GFMirMon
Participant

Great news - thank you! I will ask out CSM to sign us up for the beta.

VVenturino

Where can I request access to the beta version?

PUndurraga

Hey! I'm the CSM, where I can request the access to the beta? Thanks!!

rwebb1
HubSpot Product Team

Hello everyone - an update that this feature is now out to 100% of portals (Starter and above). Please note that it's not reflected in the mobile experience yet - but we are prioritizing that for 2023. Thank you so much for the consistent feedback, and please continue to post feedback on any improvements you'd like to see to future iterations of this functionality.

Thanks,
Rachel

Edit: Details on how this feature works can be found in this KB article.

magronin
Hi Rachel - could you clarify how we enable (or point us to the HubSpot
help article that explains the new feature)?
MHackney
Participant

Thanks HubSpot team and developers!! Set the flag once I received the email about it being rolled out to the portal!!

CJensen2

Thanks, Rachel. This is the best HubSpot news in a long time!

EDelGaudio
Contributor

It has no sense have this update only for desktop and not for mobile app.

in addition, there is not the possibility to set mandatory for Line items and the most serious thing Is not to have the possibility to associate a Line item in a deal on mobile app.

iiaw
HubSpot Employee

Posting this on behalf of the Customer, thanks to the Product Team for requiring a Contact to be associated with the Deal in the Creation Form. However, it would be great if the Association Label can further already be specified on that Same Form rather that Manually adding the Association Label after Creation so that it is not missed out as the Workflows that Send Email critically hinges on this for it to go out as expected.