HubSpot Ideas

GLR

Company and contact info mandatory to create a DEAL

Hello,

I am just starting with Deals and I have an issue regarding the mandatory properties to create a deal. 

When Creating a Deal, I want my team to put the Company and the contact associated with the deal. Both information are Mandatory to create a Deal. Today this is not possible.

It seems like a no brainer to ensure team are never missing basic information in a deal.

Thank you

HubSpot Updates
Delivered
December 19, 2022 12:29 PM

Hello everyone - an update that this feature is now out to 100% of portals (Starter and above). Please note that it's not reflected in the mobile experience yet - but we are prioritizing that for 2023. Thank you so much for the consistent feedback, and please continue to post feedback on any improvements you'd like to see to future iterations of this functionality.

Thanks,
Rachel

Edit: Details on how this feature works can be found in this KB article.

In Beta
December 05, 2022 03:33 PM

Hi all! An update for you - We are currently in private beta for a feature that will allow you to set associations as visible or required when a standard object record is created. This would include the ability to require users to associate a company or contact when a new Deal is created. 

Your CSM can request access to this beta on your behalf. We plan to move this feature to public beta in the near feature based on usage and customer feedback, at which point customers will be able to opt in themselves. Thank you all for your feedback!!

In Planning
November 10, 2022 01:41 PM

Hi everyone - I'm Rachel from the CRM Product team. We are currently working on a feature that will allow you to set associations as visible or required when a standard object record is created. This would include the ability to require users to associate a company or contact when a new Deal is created.  

Thank you for your input thus far, every comment helps our team prioritize this work. I will post again once I have more updates.

Rachel

Being Reviewed
October 28, 2021 03:12 PM

Hi All, 

I'm happy to update that our product team is currently exploring how to solve the problem of setting associated records to deals mandatory in deal creation in HubSpot. In the meantime, please continue to leave your comments and use cases here in this thread

229 Replies
GFMirMon
Participant

We build a lot of our email segmentation based on characteristics of a deal associated with a contact. I also create re-booker reports, based on the lapsed bookers etc - if I can't enforce the adding of a contact to every deal, its likely that a)some contacts will be treated as though they have not booked (no associated deal) and b)email threads will not be tracked against deals.

rwebb1
HubSpot Product Team

Hi everyone - I'm Rachel from the CRM Product team. We are currently working on a feature that will allow you to set associations as visible or required when a standard object record is created. This would include the ability to require users to associate a company or contact when a new Deal is created.  

Thank you for your input thus far, every comment helps our team prioritize this work. I will post again once I have more updates.

Rachel

CJenson
Hurray!!!

CJenson

Great news @rwebb1 !!!  Thanks for the update

magronin
Finally! Please sign me up for the beta!
Caroline_S_Lane
Participant | Elite Partner

WOW. This is amazing. Can't wait for that! Thanks for the update @rwebb1 

PCharron

Excellent news!

Nigel-A
Participant

Amazing! This will make my life SO much easier... Is there a timeline for Beta or rollout? 

Mazze
Participant | Platinum Partner
This is great! Long overdue! Thank you for the update!
CJensen2

Fantastic news, Rachel. Do you have any idea of the ETA?

bradytraeder
Contributor
Thank you Rachel!
JStewartLincoln

This is a great update! It will make our lives so much easier. Is there a timeline for the BETA? 

Vai_Vi
Participant

Please expedite this if possible and share the tentative roll out time from now (for Beta)!

Devon
Participant

Great news, thanks Rachel.  Please sign us up for the Beta 

MMattaboni

Good to hear this is being worked on.  Can we have an ETA please?

ThierryCalderon
Contributor | Diamond Partner

great news Rachel !!!

Can't wait 🙂

CHamza

Hi,

What is the status of this? This request is 5 years old and is required not in only our business but any CRM (have worked on over 19 global systems).  When contact and company association is NOT mandatory, the deal is not only missing info but theres a long list of sequences and workflows that cannot trigger. 

Charlie

Hildegaard
Contributor

It seems like a no brainer to ensure team are never missing basic information in a deal.

rwebb1
HubSpot Product Team

Hi all! An update for you - We are currently in private beta for a feature that will allow you to set associations as visible or required when a standard object record is created. This would include the ability to require users to associate a company or contact when a new Deal is created. 

Your CSM can request access to this beta on your behalf. We plan to move this feature to public beta in the near feature based on usage and customer feedback, at which point customers will be able to opt in themselves. Thank you all for your feedback!!

RyanAbilar
Participant

Sign me up pls