HubSpot Ideas

GLR

Company and contact info mandatory to create a DEAL

Hello,

I am just starting with Deals and I have an issue regarding the mandatory properties to create a deal. 

When Creating a Deal, I want my team to put the Company and the contact associated with the deal. Both information are Mandatory to create a Deal. Today this is not possible.

It seems like a no brainer to ensure team are never missing basic information in a deal.

Thank you

229 Replies
CBroeders
Participant | Platinum Partner

@dawalsh - do you have any updates on this? 🙂 

JDempsey5

I 100% concur that "associated company" should be a mandatory field when creating a deal.

RDuric
Participant

Incredible that this was initially raised in 2017, and it is still not implemented, as many others mentioned this feels like it should be a basic CRM feature.

JDempsey5
Hey Hubspot - you said if we want this functionality to go to this community and insert our request. Didn't realize it's been 5 years since you first got this request. So maybe myself and everyone else over the past 5 years should comment again right now.

We want the associated company to be a mandatory field in a deal.

AKaur1

Hey Hubspot - This is the basic feature offered by most CRMs out there. We should have the ability to make the company and contact field/ object mandatory before the deal is closed.

Interesting that this idea was submitted in 2017 and even after close to 500 upvotes the status is 'being reviewed'.

TheDude

"So maybe myself and everyone else over the past 5 years should comment again right now."

I like the way you think!

I've thought about this many times due to all the email notifications I get from this thread. 

HupSpot, could this be made mandatory based on deal stage? I get that making it mandatory up front might present other challenges, but everything should be figured out by the time Sales wants to mark somthing as won. At that point, making the association mandatory would solve my issue of Won deals having no contact/business.

Caroline_S_Lane
Participant | Elite Partner

This is crazy important. 

amandafann
Contributor

Continues to be a pain point despite efforts to train and remind Sales to add these critical details to Deals. But at the end of the day, since it cannot effectively be enforced, we end up with messy and incomplete data across all objects, and contant, on-going clean-up efforts to fix it. Hubspot, please consider prioritizing this.

BCSalesOps
Participant

I tried to create a work-around for this problem by creating an Automated Workflow that will automatically send an email reminder to the Deal Owner twice a week if the Associated Company or Associated Contact fields are empty. Unfortunately, the Associate Company/Contact fields are not available as a Trigger so I can't use them in a Workflow. 

This makes the ability to mark these fields as *required during deal creation even more important. I've added my thumbs up to this idea.

RyanAbilar
Participant

Is there an update to this? Really ineffective NOT to have the Company and Contact associated to deal records. It's too basic! 

FCely

This is really needed! Our team needs to constantly fix deals as many of our team members forget to associate companies or contacts. This totally affects our reports and communication process. 

Any updates?

BHoward4

Please implement this already!

Nigel-A
Participant

I would REALLY love it if this could be implemented and SOON! This has been a real problem for us. No amount of sales training seems to make it stick, so having the ability to make it mandatory on deal creation would fix a whole bunch of issues.  HubSpot Can you please put us out of our misery and give us an expected time of arrival? 

CJensen2

Any updates on the progress for this feature? Please don't delay it. Providing an option to make adding contacts and companies mandatory should be relatively simple and looooong overdue.

nwrigh

I would love an update to this too, it was once on the roadmap right? Is it still on the roadmap?

NicoleDemolee
Participant

This feature would be immensely helpful for our organization as we are building a custom integration that requires company and contact info.

HOlszowski

+1
It's crucial for us - for me it was obviuos that such feature exist. Right now it's not even possible to trigger any followup/slack notification etc. to salesperson to do remind about it, as such filter in automation does not exist.

KennethS

@HOlszowski I have made a workflow to send reminders to the sales-rep & myself, to monitor the sitaution. 
Why something so fundamental in CRM haven't been created in close to 5 years is beyond me.. But yeah.

KennethS_1-1653639788092.png

Deal based workflow

• 1.1 Choose the wanted pipeline(s).
  • 1.2 Add all the deal-stages that you want/need a contact-person connected to. (If it's needed for all stages, you can remove this step)
  • 1.3 Check if the deal's number of associated contacts is equal to 0
  • 2.1 Send Internal email notification to salesrep and other necessary people.

Granted this does not ensure the contact is connected, but every little piece of nudging in the right direction is better than nothing. 

Hope this helps!

magda_kas
Participant | Partner

@HOlszowski To add to @KennethS 's reply, I have also done a workaround for a similar problem using Zapier to create associations between records:

1. On deal create a custom field called something like "primary contact email address" and make it required when creating a deal 

2. Then in Zapier trigger a Zap when a new deal is created

3. In the Zap, add a filter step to check that number of associated contacts is equal to 0

4. In the Zap, find/create contact in HubSpot based on the email address

5. In the Zap, create association between deal and contact

(you can also add steps to then find a company record associated with the contact and create the association with the company within the same Zap).

Once switched on, the users creating a deal are prompted to input the primary contact email address and Zapier then associates the relevant records.

It does not solve the problem 100% as you can create deals that do not contain all comulsory fields if done via import.

Not as neat as it would be if it was possible to make associating a contact with a deal compulsory.

PBartholomew

Need need need this feature asap. 

It is a standard feature in Salesforce to make associations mandatory.

I hate SF.. and never want to go there. 

By human nature, reps will forget to add this info into a deal and it will SKU our reports, not properly update the companies to their appropriate lifecycle and impact a lot of automated processes. 

Love Hubspot so much ❤️ Please release this!