HubSpot Ideas

GLR

Company and contact info mandatory to create a DEAL

Hello,

I am just starting with Deals and I have an issue regarding the mandatory properties to create a deal. 

When Creating a Deal, I want my team to put the Company and the contact associated with the deal. Both information are Mandatory to create a Deal. Today this is not possible.

It seems like a no brainer to ensure team are never missing basic information in a deal.

Thank you

229 Comentários
JonDFreeman
Participante

I have a dashboard called "Process Errors." In it, I have reports by rep on what they are not doing, like missing fields. This makes sense for this problem and others where a field might be required later but you do not have the data to fill in early in a cycle.

ROFU
Participante

@JonDFreeman How do you set this up? Can you give me an example?

JonDFreeman
Participante

The solution is simple. Example, if you need to have a company associated to every deal.

You'll want to have a report and graphic that shows all deals, by salesperson, which do NOT have a company associated.

Create a dashboard called SALES OPERATIONS PROCESS ERRORS (trust me, you'll have many reports that fit in to this model and this dashboard will become an easy tool to point all salespeople toward when they are offenders.

In this case, create a two object report of deals and companies (you will add to this dashboard) of all deals with a filter that looks for all deals without an associate company. Be sure to create a bar chart visual that shows the number of deals by salespeople. If you have teams and lots of salespeople, then do this by the team leader or sales manager.

The trick is to send out a couple of messages to the salespeople that show on this report - one before the report to tell everyone what you will be doing and how each deal needs a company. Then, another when you create the dashboard/report you can send to everyone along with the expectation that they associate a company to every deal, but after that stick to only sending to the offending reps and their managers. Be kind in your messages, the shame of being on the report is enough and will keep you from getting crosswise with the sales manager or exec management owners of these people.

If you do it right, lots of people will comply before you build the report. Most people want to do the right thing and want to avoid being seen as a problem. Trust in this process, it works very well.

You will always have a few offenders left. If they are top performers, work with their manager to help them fit the data. If they are poor performers, this is good evidence of more bad performance if you're organization has been working to remove them (which any good organization should do with poor performers that also break good process and well-communicated policy).

I hope that this helps.

Jon

TCollins
Membro

Adding my name to this - it seems like a very basic feature that should be added, and shouldn't be a massive engineering effort on the Hubspot side.

ZTSRapidDirect
Membro

Any update on this, super simple and we require it also.

Arran
Colaborador(a)

+1

Arran
Colaborador(a)

+1

PamCotton
Gerente da Comunidade

Hello @Arran , please upvote this following idea here to receive any updates about it.

Thank you,

Pam

courtneystrauss
Membro

Would be a very helpful feature!

musicguy88
Membro

This would be huge for our org if we could do this

sharonlicari
Gerente da Comunidade

Hey @musicguy88 I'd encourage you to follow and upvote for this idea here to receive any updates about it.

Thanks

Sharon

Oxagile_SBI
Membro

+1

InboundPro
Membro | Parceiro

Hi @edjusten!

We have clients that would greatly benefit from this functionality.

I see you posted this response almost two years ago. Has there been any movement on this since then?

sharonlicari
Gerente da Comunidade

Hey @InboundPro 

I'd encourage you to follow and upvote for this idea here to receive any updates about it.

Thanks

Sharon

LaurenSimo
Membro

We have integrated Flow with our Hubspot account and without having an associatd company attached to the deal, this breaks our flows in creating folders for our sales sharepoint page that everyone within our company uses. We can't be spending all this extra time to work out why it didn't happen because someone accidentally forgot to add this in, and then manually have to create this and link it through.

This is a basic CRM requirement that should already be a part of the platform.

Bruno_Teixeira
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Diamante

Hello,

That would be definitely a good implementation. I upvote for it.

Bruno_Teixeira
Conselheiro(a) de destaque | Parceiro Diamante

Hello,

I totally agree that this would be a good implementation.

GuenaelleP
Membro

Hello,

I totally agee too ! This is a no-brainer. 

Basically all businesses need to know associated companies and contacts for at least 2 critical reasons :

- to aumatically update life cycle stage which is the heart of Hubspot functionning 

- to properly measure the ROI as the contact gives the original source of the deal

Thank you for giving visibility in that core CRM improvement.

egp19
Participante

This would be very helpful. It should be an option to make Deal associations mandatory when users create new Deals. A possible workaround would be to create a workflow that reminds any user who creates a Deal to assign it to a company, but this can be messy if they already have.

ColinB1
Membro | Parceiro Diamante

Just wanted to add another HubSpot Partner's voice to this thread. This is key functionality and I'm super surprised to see it marked as Not Planned. Please revisit!

I want Sales to be required to associate a Contact and a Company with all new deals.