HubSpot Ideas

GLR

Company and contact info mandatory to create a DEAL

Hello,

I am just starting with Deals and I have an issue regarding the mandatory properties to create a deal. 

When Creating a Deal, I want my team to put the Company and the contact associated with the deal. Both information are Mandatory to create a Deal. Today this is not possible.

It seems like a no brainer to ensure team are never missing basic information in a deal.

Thank you

229 Comentarios
abhishekb0210
Miembro

This is a must-have option as most of the times sales folks forget about associating companies/contacts with deals.

Exotix
Miembro

I'm expecting to make, at least one associated Contact and one Company, required when you a user create a new deal in the system.

I want to avoid deals with no Associated contact or company.

I'm not able to choose Associated Contacts or Associated Companies in the popup below to make them required.

Capture.PNG

MDonelan
Participante

I've been wondering about the same thing. One step further would be to remove the ability to create a deal from the "Deal" object so as to guide a sales rep to create a deal only from the contact itself, thereby ensuring there is a contact (and its associated properties) attached to every deal.

amandacamasmie
Miembro

Please, Hubspot! This is extremely important to our company. 

SiykaM
Participante

We also need this functionality.

Bettinarf
Colaborador

I have the same request!!!!

I thought about creating a workflow alert to let the sales people know when there is a deal that was created without a contact and or a company, but I had the same problem, I can't add these properties to the workflow!

dlozano
Colaborador

Any update un this? We need this functionality.

andreff
Miembro

Realy need this too. 

alexJP
Miembro

I agree with OP.

This is a function we could really do with.

Does anybody know of any workarounds to this? Or a way to set up a trigger report to flag any deals reaching a pipeline stage without an associated contact/company?

Thanks

DevinRZC_DM
Participante

@alexJP 

You can set this up via filter and bulk assign Tasks OR you can set it up via workflow. 

Sales --> Deals --> Select Pipeline on the left side where filters are

Deals_-_Filter.png

Deals_-_Filter_2.png

Workflows might be a little bit trickier so make sure to test it out, but you would be able to automatically assign a task or notification after setting up the enrollment. 

For deals without companies associated, it would be a Contact-based workflow. In this example, I set it up for any open deal on our Sales Pipeline without an associated Company:

No_Assoc_Co.png

Deals that have a Company but no contact looks a little different and I set it up through a Company-based workflow. Then "Deal properties" is at least one deal is in an open deal stage and at least one associated contact is unknown. 

This assumes that contacts have the same domain address for their email and may not catch a contact with an email address different from their company's domain. For those, you'd need to run through the Filters and look for "associated contacts unknown" as above. 

No_associated_Contact___HubSpot.png

That's what I'd try, anyway! Hope it helps.

-Dev

alexJP
Miembro

@DevinRZC_DM

Thanks - this is really helpful stuff!

DevinRZC_DM
Participante

@alexJP You're most welcome! I definitely love passing it along when one of these can at least be worked around until something better and native is in place. 🙂

hd_work
Miembro

Hi

I've recieved this response from HubSpot:

Hey Dean, looks like we aren't able to make 'Associated company and contact' a required property at the moment when creating deals. There was a feedback post created here from a while back but it hasn't garnered a ton of traction, if you'd like to see that as a feature in the future, I'd recommend giving that an upvote: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Company-and-contact-info-mandatory-to-create-a-DEAL/i...

I actually just dont understand why one would remove this feature, if there is a field I should have control over it for the needs of my organisation which are constantly changing. But to have to write a support ticket and upvote is a great waist of time for something like this. 

I have done my upvote. 

Thanks

JenM
Miembro | Partner nivel Platinum

I need this feature too! We need to make sure that we don't have unassociated deals floating around out there. 

BastiSchuhl
Colaborador líder

I absolutely agree with the previous comments: not being able to "force" HS users to enter required data such as associated company and associated contact for a deal makes managers' lifes much harder as they have to manually monitor the correct behavior of their team.

This seems to be such a basic and straighforward feature and there doesn't seem to be any progress on the implementation for over a year now. Additionally, there seem to be other "submitted ideas" tackling the exact same issue who have also garnerd a bunch of upvotes themselvse (e.g. https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Add-contact-as-a-property-to-be-required-when-creatin...).

@edjustencan you push this to the product team somehow and bring this to their attention? Thank You!

sales
Colaborador

Definitely need this. Using workflows is a hack and does help.. but still can't force it all the time.

MattF
Colaborador líder

100% for this. It doesn't happen often for us, but when it does, it annoys me to no end. I like the idea of simply removing the ability to create a Deal from scratch instead of from an existing Company page.

Would love to see this implemented sooner than later

yatishm
Colaborador líder

Agreed. I searched around for this and seems this is not possible right now. I also thing this is a requied feature. I can see why it may not be currently a feature though.

Perhaps a setting under Deals can be made available to add the ability to set associated Contacts and or Companies as required when created. And by default this is switched on?

Please advise if anyone has found a way around this? Thanks in advance.

CJenson
Miembro

I agree fully.  We need to be able to require that a Contact or a Company is associated with a Deal or a Ticket once it gets to a certain stage.  This should also benefit Hubspot revenue as this will ensure all Deals/Tickets eventually get a Contact 🙂  Win/Win for everyone!

Cory

MDonelan
Participante

So there is a bit of a workaround here.

Deals can be created from a Contact. See below screenshot from the righthand column of a Contact record. When you create a Deal from a Contact, it will pull the Contact name and Company name and associate it with the Deal.

Now, you can still create a new Deal from the Deal object and it will NOT mandate that you include Contacts and Companies associated with that Deal. There is no way to disable the ability for a Deal to be created in this way unfortunately, so you'd need manage reps bahavior until they get used to creating a Deal exclusively from a Contact.

Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 09.01.52.png