HubSpot Ideas

GLR

Company and contact info mandatory to create a DEAL

Hello,

I am just starting with Deals and I have an issue regarding the mandatory properties to create a deal. 

When Creating a Deal, I want my team to put the Company and the contact associated with the deal. Both information are Mandatory to create a Deal. Today this is not possible.

It seems like a no brainer to ensure team are never missing basic information in a deal.

Thank you

229 Comentarios
edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @GLR  The New Deal modal does include fields to add or create companies or contacts by default, but does not have the option to make them required. I can certainly see where this would be vital to your business. 

I'm going to move this to our ideas forum for further comment. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen 

GLR
Participante

Thank you for your support Edjusten

I really think that being able to assign contact / company to a deal is a real value.

Best,

MarioHdez
Participante

I would like to make "Associated company" property required in deals adding so that the team has to add it.

deals properties.jpgdeals properties settings.jpg

Is it possible? 

Thanks,

Mario

edjusten
HubSpot Employee

Hi @MarioHdez At this time, only deal properties are available to be included in the "create" modal. Keep you eyes peeled though. Using a contact/company  property  as deal data is on the roadmap for future updates. 

Thank you,

Ed Justen

Anna-T
Participante

Yes, this is absolutely needed. 

Especially because: when a deal is not connected to a contact, the original source properties can't be filled. This means that we won't see where these deals came from, which ruins the entire ROI reporting!

Anna-T
Participante

You could merge this with this request: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Company-and-contact-info-mandatory-to-create-a-DEAL/i...

@edjusten could you please do this so that this issue gets more power? Thanks

mariaengstrom
Participante

Yes, I agree!

We defintaley need to know the contact person from an original source perspective.

GLR
Participante

Hi Hubspot team.

Do you know how many of your customers are here because they want a CRM and not an e-commerce platform ?

So please, don't forget to improve the core features 

Use case : "as a manager of 50 sales, I don't have the time to control that every sale gather the righ informations on their prospects (and I am talking about 100 prospects a day). Data is key and I need to make sure they respect the playbook. So I need a solution to force them fill-in certain properties at a certain stage of the deal."

The issue : "The data I request them to fill in are already in contacts and companies properties. Because I cannot force these properties, I need to duplicate them on deal properties and then create dozens of workflow to make I have consistent data all over my Hubspot account. Conlusion : My Hubspot is becoming a junk of duplicate properties and crazy workflows for nothing. I am using features for the wrong purpose and start to loose control over my Hubspot configuration."

You need to work on these basic connection please.

LisaJames
Miembro

I agree with GLR. I absolutely need Company and Contact to be mandatory in each deal. Any news when this will be updated?

nigelqwilr
Participante

I agree - this will make sure the data is complete for each deal

StephenDB
Participante

Yes, this absolutely needed, sales team and exec management are complaining bitterly about issues like this.  I keep on asking: PLEASE IMPROVE EXISTING CRM FUNCTIONALITY, IT'S SORELY NEEDED!!!! (if you want to retain us as customers, that is...)

DevinRZC_DM
Participante

@edjusten Hello, there. Are there any updates regarding this issue? We automate based on Company Records and would really love to be able to require a Company association in order for a deal to be moved to "closed won." This would be major in assisting our team-to-team handoffs by ensuring we get all necessary info appended to Contact/Company/Deal records prior to the handoff. 

Kirko63
Participante

I understand that Hubspot comes at CRM from the perspective of marketing automation, but if serious about competing here any holes in basic CRM functionality puts you at a disadvantage. This is a big one, particularly when attempting to leverage partner integrations that expect aCompany to be joined to each Deal/Opportunity.

I agree with @GLR that you can't expect busy reps to comply with "optional" data entry, nor busy managers to chase after bad data.

tomhaworth
Participante

I also need this feature and think it's a no-brainer.

mikelocalfluenc
Participante

We absolutely need this as well. It's like Hubspot can check the box on having contscts, deals, and companies but you didn't know why you were doing it. It's like, this car DOES have a steering wheel but it only turns in one direction. 

Company objects are of little use without being able to force compliance and standardization in process. This is why we leave to more mature platforms. 

gkuz
Miembro

I really need this too.

But not only as a mandatory property. I also need an easy and fast way inside the "new deal popup" to create this new contacts or new companies.

The 95% of the cases, I do not have the contacts or companies on the CRM, so I need to upload the info manually, very tedious.

FrankTheTank
Participante

This is Day 1 basic CRM functionality. Absurd that this was raised as an issue more than a year ago, consistently upvoted and added to, and it is STILL MISSING. 

I have dozens of workflows trying despirately to keep my data aligned across all record types only to have it completely sidestepped by discovering a bunch of Deals with no associated Company record. This is crazy. 

wissagmu
Miembro

This is a must-have for all enterprise sales organizations!

nellp
Miembro

+1 for this idea. Definitely should be a required property.

im_aite
Miembro

+1 thinking of switching to a competitor if this among other basic functions is not improved. As others mentioned this is basic CRM 101