HubSpot Ideas

ChereeOmtvedt

Company Name Displayed in a Task List

It would be great if we could add the company name to the task list. Our sales team uses tasks 80-95% of the time, and we run multiple calling campaigns and, follow up on a weekly basis, sometimes with multiple contacts from the same company.

I know you can create a task in the company and put the contact name with the task title. This is a work-a-round that we haven't' tried yet.

47 Replies
CF_ALG

We have the same need. We need to be able to see a dashboard of Tasks that includes Contact Name and Associated Company and the ability to sort by Associated Company. Not being able to group all of the outstanding tasks for a company and see the relevant contacts is frustrating and makes tasks fairly useless beyond an individual user level. It makes little sense that you can associate a Task with both a Contact and Company record when logging it, but not see both in one Task view. Please create this functionality - it's feels fairly simple to add another column view and users have been requesting it for years.

RPG
Participant

Please add something here, Hubspot Team. The Task funktionality like this is is quite sensless in the webbrowser.

We also need the associated company + ideally the phone number.

KKillius

Our team really needs to be able to see the Company name on their task list. This would be of tremendous value for us and I am sure many organizations.  Thanks!

marybethw

I would vote 1 million times for this!!!

KarthikC
Top Contributor

+1 also need the ability to sort by company name in the task list

PukBuitelaar

+1 vote from our side.

Would be great if Hubspot could at least give a reply to this, as they were supposed to start working on it already years ago.

I understand if there are any difficulties that might blok this adjustment, but an update would be the least hubspot can do.

AlexEuFr31

Why Tasks settings wouldn't support Company name ? That could be an help for sales to manage their tasks. Like checking "Associate with" I'd like to check "Company name" on this lightbox. Thanks to vote for this proposal !

AlexEuFr31_0-1598956104288.png

jasonharris1971

Yes please please please can we just have the option to include the associated company in the task list. I appreciate not everyone will want this but would be great to give users or superadmins the option to include it.

When I googled this, I was excited to see I'd arrived at a subject  with lots of other people having the same issue but was really disappointed to see it was first raised in 2017 with a Hubspot employee replying 'Great Idea' shortly after. Then nothing.....for over 3 years 🙁

I lost a sales rep yesterday and one of the reasons they cited was that they couldn't prioritise who to call first as they couldn't see the company names in their task list!

mpatrick

Yes please provide the ability to see both the contact name and the company name for a Task.  We use the Task list daily to prioritize activities and currently have to click on the name to remember which company they work for.  

Request #2 would be to have city & state for those of us with nationwide accounts to see which timezone they are in to determine the right time to call. 

EricSchlau

Yes. We need this. 

richard88
HubSpot Employee

This would be great if other important metrics could be sorted on the task list - like HubSpot Score!

RFrary
Participant

+1

while "Associated Company" is an option on the fields to show, it's not mapping properly (a contact with an "Associated Company" in a contact list has no value for "Associated Company" in the task queue

CDunham-Wilkie
Contributor

+1 - this would make things a lot easier for our reps 

kasiabf
Participant

Is there any update on this? Its very much needed!

Gcone
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot Community,

Being able to add the company to a task is now live.

I hope you enjoy the new addition to the platform. Feel free to DM me any feedback you have.

Steps to get company added to the task app:

1. Navigate to the task app
  2. Click on edit columns button
  3. Select company
  4. Click on save

Gordon

GTitlow
Participant

Hi.

It seems the functionality discussed above (or at least some if it) is live now: there is 'associated company' as a column option in the task queue.

However the column always appears blank for me, despite the fact that contacts do have an associated company.

Something i am doing wrong or system error?

JacobHMikkelsen
Member | Platinum Partner

Hi - Same problem as described by GTitlow. 

It is now possible to select a 'associated company' - but the column is empty. At least when the tasks are made from a list.

And even if the 'associated company'-column had data it would not solve the main purpurse, since it is not a sortable column. We really need an easy way to identify tasks for contacts that are related to the same company. 

HHuegi

Our sales team has asked for this functionality as well. While the Associated Company does show up in the table view of tasks, the actual company does not populate with tasks. Does anyone have any update on this?

Gcone
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot Community,

I will be DM'ing a few of you to understand the problem you are experiencing with the company column on the task app. 

Thank you for the feedback!

Gordon

ShaunDay

The new feature to add a Company association only works when you manually add a company association during the task creation or editing afterwards. It does not automatically grab and display a contact's associated company (Primary company) if you create a task for a contact. I understand why a company related task would not automatically associate with a contact, but I think it would be very helpful for nearly every case where a task associated with a contact would also automatically associate with that contact's primary company.