HubSpot Ideas

ScottH

Company Lifecycle Funnel report

Should be able to make a 'Company Lifecycle Funnel' widget with conversion rates between each Lifecycle stage (see 'Contact Lifecycle Funnel' widget for example).

HubSpot Updates
In Beta
November 28, 2023 09:18 AM

Company funnel builder is now in private beta for all pro-tier HubSpot portals!

You can reach out to support, your success manager, or any point of contact to request access. If you are an admin, you can also ungate your portal by following these instructions.

October 25, 2023 09:04 AM

We are about a month away from allowing early access to the beta! We will update this community forum when that's live.

Being Reviewed
August 28, 2023 08:08 AM

We are currently doing technical diligence on a company funnel builder. We will keep you all posted if (and when) this is ready for a customer-facing beta.

In Planning
December 14, 2022 08:25 AM

Hello! I wanted to let you all know that this is on our roadmap for 2023. Right now, we are continuing to invest in a new backend system that will power a number of new report types, including the ability to create a funnel report using the company object's lifecycle stage property. We will update this post when it goes into beta and when we release it to customers.

September 01, 2022 12:26 PM

Hi, @V-Marketer! We don't have a tag for "in deveopment" but I wanted to clarify that "being reviewed" is about the closest tag we have for that.

We are actively rebuilding our funnel builder framework. This will eventually allow you to create company lifecycle funnels, ticket funnels, and to "set" moving through a stage as optional.

We are taking an interative approach to this and will update this idea when we are in beta.

Being Reviewed
April 14, 2020 12:26 PM

Thank you all for the input and for sharing specific use cases. The product team is currently reviewing this concept as we look to improve funnel reporting functionality in 2020. In the meantime, please don't hesitate to share additional use cases for company lifecycle funnels or other company-focused funnels. We will update the Idea status as soon as we know more. 

Not Currently Planned
April 13, 2020 02:01 PM

Hi everyone,

My name is Davis and I'm a product manager for the marketing reporting team here at HubSpot.

This is on our radar but there are not currently plans to build this feature. We will update you all if this changes.

Sincerely,

Davis

164 Replies
JSchneider

+1

Same here, absolute must-have for B2B SaaS

MattDavirro
Participant

This seems obvious. HubSpot has implemented ABM strategies. They have funnel stages for companies. Why isnt the report available? 

FelipeFelix
Top Contributor

Any news about that, HubSpot? The last update from the Product team was in April.

This is a really necessary feature for B2B companies.

Kressie
Participant

@mgriffith Is this idea still in review? Our organization also would really appreciate this feature - I think for B2B organizations it's more useful than contact-based filters. 

TPiotrowski
Participant

Our company is B2B please update funnel reports for Company  funnel! need to show number of companies moving from MQL to Oppty.

FredPullin

You must do this

AlexandraM

Yes, 1000 times yes! Please make this happen 🙏

HubSpotMaster
Key Advisor | Diamond Partner

@mgriffith Are there any updates here? Been just about a year?

joshllee

Please add the ability to make company funnel reports. It's extremely important for us as a B2B company. Tracking funnel reports for contacts simply don't make sense. We need it at the company level.

TRob

Hubspot, please can we have a status update on this request - it's been a year since the last update.

roland_deshane
Participant

And even more robust way to handle this would be to add functionality to the Custom Report Builder that lets you show values "as a percent of", in the same way that excel pivot tables work. With this you could get rid of the "Funnels" report type entirely and allow customers to build any type of funnel they want

FredPullin

I'll add a big plus one here

bretvanputten
Participant | Gold Partner

Can you provide an update? We really need this and it is an easy fix.

The funnel reports exist, all companies have lifecycle stages by default.

Please enable reporting on this feature.

@mgriffith  @dmastin 

Cimolini

Hey Hubspot - when do you think this will be addressed? An estimate would be appreciated. We're trying to find work arounds for this and it's causing a big headache for my team. I don't understand why you can't create this report....it seems like such an easy fix. 

DariaSherr

Oh YES! Having a funnel of contacts is not really useful due to duplicates and all my colleagues. (when emailing me) get into this funnel as well. However, companies' funnel would make much more sense and much easier to track. Please implement it 🙏

PhilKrison
Participant

+1

I tried to create a custom report with the lifecycle stages broken down by company, after building a workflow to set any contact with a certain lifecycle to update the associated company's lifecycle.

The issue is I can only filter based on create date, and some of the useless filter dates. What would help circumvent this would be if we can filter by the 'Became a MQL/SQL/Opp, etc' date which is already being tracked on both the contact and company property history.

Robert6
Great idea, I did exactly that, but I created Custom Properties for those
dates, then used a Workflow to update the date when the Lifecycle stage is
changed (because you can't filter etc by the native 'became' date in HS).
PhilKrison
Participant

That makes sense, I may try that. However the field would only capture the
most recent lifecycle change though correct? So if a company goes from
subscriber to MQL on 1/1/21, and then MQL to Opp on 2/1/21, then you would
still lose that MQL conversion date, right? I am also trying to think if
that would work looking back at the past. Could that workflow update
companies that have already had that update, or only once the workflow is
active? Thank you for your suggestions.

PhilKrison
Participant

Alright I tried this and I think it worked of how to solve this problem so I will outline it below

1. Create a Contact workflow that copies the Contact Lifecycle stage field to the associated Company's Lifecycle stage field. Make sure that you allow for re-enrollment, and exclude lifecycle stages that are Opportunity or Customer, as to not accidently overwrite that field. [See attachment for reference]
  2. Create a new Company property, called 'Became and MQL date'
  3. Create a Contact workflow that copies the Contact Became a marketing qualified lead field to the new Company Became an MQL date
  4. Create a Company report for all companies with lifecycle stage as known, or the stages you want to include in your funnel, filter the dates by the Became an MQL date to whatever time range, and display as a bar chart.

Only cavaet to keep in mind from the difference in the Contact vs. Company funnel you have just created is the Company funnel will only show the CURRENT lifecycle stage, whereas the native Contact lifecycle stage widget will include all the stages it has ever passed through. So to have an accruate number of how many total MQL's you have created in that time frame, be sure to add all lifecycle stages together.

Not a perfect solution, but this solved the need I have of needing to know when did someone convert to a new lifecycle instead of the standard create date. Hope this helps!

IN - Refresh Company Lifecycle Stage - Copy Contact Property to Company - April 2021.png

SZaker

This is a critical report to us (B2B SAAS), and the funnel reporting on contacts is so misleading to us.