Company ID / Deal ID / Contact ID Property Change to Usable Format

First let me say "Thank You" for finally having the Record ID's be a property that is populated by Hubspot. Long overdue.  We have been utilizing the Record ID's for a while, but were having to manually copy them from the url of the record and paste them into a custom property that we created.

Problem:
Why would Hubpot create these valuable properties as "Numbers" though?  This means they are not able to be used in reporting to sort/group the way they should. This is something that Hubspot should change on the default level to a Text Field.  We use the Company ID to group together Deals ordered by different contacts to get the total revenue for Companies.  Because the properties are set as "numbers" the reporting tool tries to add them together or average them. Not allowing you to use the property to sort/group by which is what the ID should be used for.  It is like setting a phone number property as a "Number".  This would not make sense, as its not something you want to add up...

Here is a screenshot of how we use the ID that is set as a Single Line Text Property:  As you can see it is "Displaying:"
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 1.05.35 PM.png

Here is the way the Hubspot "Company ID" property that is set up as an "Unformatted Number" works:  as you can see, it is incorrectly trying to "measure by" the property.
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 1.05.16 PM.png

Please help upvote so that Hubspot will correct the property to allow it to be a funtional tool for us customers.  I already reached out to support and of course got told how I could put a bandaid on the problem by creating a workflow to get the data into the correct format...  Already done...  I was then told to submit the same information I provided to them as an "Idea" because customer support, as always, cannot communicate issues to the appropriate people at their own company.
Screen Shot 2019-10-21 at 12.49.05 PM.png
0 Upvotes
HubSpot updates