HubSpot Ideas

tfiscus

Comments should automatically show up on tickets section of contact records

Conversations should automatically be copied from the conversations thread in Inboxes to the Contact Record and Ticket as a note.

Comments made in tickets don't show up outside of the inboxes, so once a conversation is closed, it's like they disappear.

For example, my colleague and I commented once each in an inbox conversation, but when I go into the contact record and click into the same ticket, I can't see our comments.

This stilts communication for the sales team if those comments disappear. 

The barrier to smooth communications is high on this: in order to add a note to the ticket, I would currently have to open the ticket and add the note by clicking the 'Note' button in the right sidebar, or by clicking into the notes tab at the center-top of the activity feed, rather than making notes that are seamlessly visible across HubSpot. 
13 Replies
blanger

Very important to me, to see all informations of the conversation also in the contact/company/deal/ticket!

inigolekunberri
Participant | Diamond Partner

Showing the "internal" comments in the Ticket associated with the conversation is a must! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

I fully support this too. So many times, I miss important info because the comments are minimised by default.

DRosier
Contributor

So important - why bother making notes if they disappear into the vast nothingness of the inbox.

djstarr

Agree that this makes a lot of sense. We're moving to using the Conversation Inbox as the default view for tickets, chats, and conversations about tickets and chats. Those conversations (internal only) need to be associated to the ticket/contact etc.  

TShukert47
Participant

Yeah, I was a bit surprised that it doesn't. 

JGizowski
Participant

Anyone figure out what's going on here? Why can we comment on an email in conversations box from a contact but not access those comments from the contact's page? Any way around this or is this another strange issue of very basic funactionality missing from Hubspot?

AHiskens

Fully support this - has anyone worked out a way to do this yet?

JGizowski
Participant

I like being able to share issues we're having, like this one, but I haven't experienced any of them being resolved. This seems like a very typical feature in an inbox and I've never not been able to remove information from a thread before with any email client's I've used. I find myself needing to do this somewhat often here and trying to find some work around. HubSpot, please help. 

KBoettcher
HubSpot Employee

This would be very helpful! 

BDavalos2

Please HubSpot is time consuming to copy paste coments ang open the contact records and paste in notes. We have lots of leads and we need to keep note from conversations on records!!

QGaubert

Hello,

I confirm that the inability to see comments outside of the inbox is problematic. Often, we close a conversation without a response, but with a comment specifying why we are closing the conversation.

Our colleagues who intervene outside of the inbox cannot access this information.

Please develop this feature as soon as possible. 🙂

BR22

On the Ticket, go to the right panel and click on the Conversation you want, it will open the conversation in Inbox again and you can see the comments saved.