HubSpot Ideas

cvaage-actgloba

Reply or comment on note or a task

I feel it would be a great idea to have the ability to reply or comment to a note or task. 

My team would be able to communicate better using HubSpot. 

40 Replies
jsimpson1
Participant

@Anonymous Thanks for the feedback - I'll get something posted today.

jsimpson1
Participant

New to HubSpot and still building out our internal work processes and trying to determine the best manner in which to use Sales > Tasks. It seems to me that Sales > Tasks are missing the ability to comment. I was a 10-year salesforce.com user and found the comment functionality on Tasks to be super-efficient to provide timely progress updates or add additional information after Task assignment. Or, if a specific task required multiple steps or a prolonged time period, the comments provided an excellent place for progress updates towards completion.

I see that Sales >Tasks allow me to edit the notes field on the Task, but that doesn't ping the tagged salesperson, sales manager, or required third party with a notification.

Interestingly, I see this exact functionality within Marketing > Projects > Tasks. These Project Tasks work just as I would have hoped. Although, the Project Tasks don't allow a tie/reference to a Contact, Company, or Deal.

So, my question, is there a plan for the comment functionality of Marketing > Projects > Tasks to be incorporated into Sales > Tasks?

sgrumski

I agree that this functionality is needed. In addition, I would like to be able to add attachments to comments - in this and all other cases. If I create a new note, I can add an attachment. If I comment to a note, I can't add an attachment.

tlogan
Participant

We also have the same exact need.

Tammy-Fusion

Is there a possible timeline for adding notes to a task as spoken about?

rraven
Participant

I'm actually confused as to why the tasks would work separately anyway. Tasks should be tasks regardless of the method in which they are created. As a team that uses both, being able to comment on one and not the other is a growing frustration.

PukBuitelaar

Hi all,

@Tammy-Fusion Thanks for requesting an update. Our company has just started using Hubspot and we noticed that the 'comment on task' option is crucial for our collaboration between our offices in different countries. 

@Anonymous I understand this is not your field, but would you be able to tell us more about the time line for this feature to be released? 

Thanks in advance! 

jsimpson1
Participant

@PukBuitelaar / @Tammy-Fusion I'm pretty sure that HubSpot considers this request/thread as delivered so it's not being monitored for new functionality. At the moderator's recommendation, I started a new request. It's not gaining much traction yet, so would be happy if you could hit that link and make your requests / up-votes known there:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Task-Comment-and-Reply-Functionality/idi-p/329199

Herschel
Top Contributor

Agreed. Comments on Tasks would help us to facilitate more team collaboration.

JelgerBos

This is crucial for team collaboration on tasks

Gracias
Participant

It'd be excellent to add a Comment section on Tasks, as you can see not all tasks can be completed in an instant, but there is definitely progress of what has been done, and it's important to add it as a comment so the creator of the task would be aware and updated of how certain task assigned to someone is progressing. Hope you can have this function working asap, thank you!

ahd

Agreed! We also need this functionality really badly. 😫

MegAU
Participant

For some reason I can't upvote this one?

This would be such a welcome and NEEDED feature.... 

Is a workaround to use tickets in the interim (although messy)

jsimpson1
Participant

@MegAU I'm pretty sure that HubSpot considers this request/thread as delivered so it's not being monitored for new functionality. At the moderator's recommendation, I started a new request. It's not gaining much traction yet, so would be happy if you could hit that link and make your requests / up-votes known there:

https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Task-Comment-and-Reply-Functionality/idi-p/329199

AFiederling
Participant

So far it is only possible to comment on notes but not tasks. You can edit the original task text though (which makes no sense) and mark it as complete. 

It would be great to get some communication flow in here. Would make it much more easier to have a chat with other team members / developers etc. 

megannorris
Participant

This would actually be helpful for us as well. We have a process in place where our SDR team can reassign a task back to me to reject it, but we require that they add notes as to why they rejected the lead. Currently they have to edit the task info - it would be awesome if there was a notes section.

AllisonZ
HubSpot Moderator

This would be really helpful for managing communication within HubSpot. It should be as easy as possible to work together with your team without having to navigate away from HubSpot. We are able to comment on other activities, so it would seem like a natural extension of our already existing feature. 

VincentPace
Participant

*bump*

Comments on tasks is sorely needed.  Using the notes box to put back-and-forth comments is cumbersome, and only the first @ reference to another user notifies them, so they won't receive notifications of later @ references. Using a separate note to open a discussion is probably the best workaround at the moment, although that's a pain as well as it's not tied directly to the task itself.

FGiorgio

I would find it useful that when writing a message to a collaborator through a Contact Note (+ hashtag to him/her), or Task (where he/she is the recipient), he/she could reply with a sentence directly from his email, or try to edit the task, which is impossible.

In fact, for Notes there is no feature that links the email notification to the assigned note or an option to reply to the assigned note from the email client. (as confirmed by Support)

For Tasks, There is currently no redirect to the page feature linked in individual email notifications for tasks. The only option to "leave notes" in a task would be for users to add information in the Task Description field. There is currently no feature to comment on HubSpot Tasks.

Once you receive an email notification, you cannot skip HubSpot and reply directly from the email - or, if you do so, HubSpot is not updated from the sent email.

Having this possibility would be great!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you all for sharing your feedback with us! The ability to comment on Tasks from CRM record pages is now live. More on how this functionality works can be found in this knowledge doc, for reference.