HubSpot Ideas

Ads

Combining two deals into one

Hi, I have two deals which were working in parallel with each other but as time has passed, they have merged on the client side. Now this has happened, I wish to merge the data of both deals. I am hoping there is a way to do this without having to go through a cut and paste exercise as there is over a year worth of data in each deal. Can this be done or not? any help would be appreciated.
HubSpot Updates
Delivered
March 16, 2020 06:10 AM

Hello HubSpot community, 

I'm excited to let you know the ability to merge deals is live to all HubSpot accounts. Happy merging! Here are some details on the functionality from the HubSpot Knowledge Base.

- Dylan 

January 29, 2018 04:42 AM

Hello @Ads at this time it is not possible to merge to deal records. With that said, you can vote for the feature request here and comment with your use case. 

In the meantime I'd reccommend removing one deal, and updating the properties of the other. You can add notes to the company record for context. 

9 Replies
roisinkirby
HubSpot Product Team

Hello @Ads at this time it is not possible to merge to deal records. With that said, you can vote for the feature request here and comment with your use case. 

In the meantime I'd reccommend removing one deal, and updating the properties of the other. You can add notes to the company record for context. 

Steveo
Participant

It's STUPID you can't do this.  I can't say anything else other than - this is a friggen sales App for #$^% sake - and we merge deals all the time!  What are you guys doing?  This has been lurking on this board forever as a serious issue.

Vaka
Participant

Hubspot Sales really, REALLY **bleep**!
You don't actually seem to even care about that...

WorkshopBuilt
Contributor | Partner

Can we PLEASE get a look at this? It's a major issue causing unecessary headaches for so many clients. 

jspratt
Participant

This would be hugely helpful. We do our best to keep on top of deal creation but there are always the odd anomaly that pops through as a duplicate for one reason or another. Since you can merge companies, contacts, etc., not sure why this option wouldn't be available.

extraderrr
Participant

Yes, also need this. not sure how its not an option.

LauraTufis
Participant

We really need this as well. @HubSpot, we'd really appreciate it if you added this functionality! 

AirAdvisor
Participant

need it! pls do it! people ask for it.

glitch happened for no reason creating two deal os same nature and contacts

Dylan
HubSpot Product Team

Hello HubSpot community, 

I'm excited to let you know the ability to merge deals is live to all HubSpot accounts. Happy merging! Here are some details on the functionality from the HubSpot Knowledge Base.

- Dylan