HubSpot Ideas

slepoidevin

Combine Round Robin and Group Meeting Booking

Looking for a way to for a rep to schedule a meeting while also adding someone (Round Robin) from another group of reps.

When I have an SDR/BDR book a meeting for an AE, they use a Round Robin link, so the availability is the AE's and the meeting gets "assigned to" the AE. This is great because meetings get automatically rotated between our AEs.

However, it also creates some issues:

• The meeting will automatically be set with the AE and not the SDR, so then the SDR needs to have the AE add them manually to the calendar invite (which is a pain)
  • It is possible for the SDR to get double-booked
  • It's also not a great user experience; if an SDR is emailing back and forth with someone and that person books with an AE, then the prospect is confused why they are suddenly now meeting with someone else
6 Replies
philschaben

@ slepoidevin

You've struck gold again! How do you not have a standing meeting with the head of product yet?

As a Hubspot shareholder, this is concerning...

emilycaplan

Love the idea! Thanks Sylvia for putting this out there.

MLandsteiner

I'm an SDR and I have 2 AEs. I don't want the round robin where it is selects between the 3 of us to host. I want to be on every meeting as a host and then my AEs are assigned every other meeting and have as close to possible 50/50 split. Right now all I'm seeing is 3 way split. I agree with slepoidevin and would like to have it if I'm A and my AEs are B and C it would be A+B or A+C options.

BOConnor

This idea needs to happen, would really make life easier. Round robin between 2 AE's with 1 SDR can't be that hard to do.

Neil-Aus
Participant

+1 MLandsteiner.

Exactly what I want.

JMayhew6
Contributor

I upvoted this and wanted to add my advocacy as well as describe our specific needs/secnario. I think the need for a group/round robin hybrid is not at all uncommon and would be incredibly helpful: 

Here is my company's current challenge: 

When we gain a new customer, they get assigned a Customer Success Manager (CSM.) The CSM then sets up a 'kickoff call' meeting with a Go-Live Engineer (a GLE). (basically like a Sales Engineer but for helping a customer get started.) We want the assigned CSM to send a meeting link that shows his calendar and availability. But we also want one of our 3 GLEs to attend the meeting, though we don't really care which one; just whoever is available. 

So in other words the CSM needs a 1-to-1 meeting link that gets combined with a round robin meeting link for our GLE team. Hopefully, that makes sense. 

I realize that one possible work around is to create a bunch of different meeting links - one for every potential combination of CSM and GLE, and then create a bunch of accompanying email templates. Then, we could create branches in a workflow based on all the different potential CSM/GLE assignments, which would funnel contacts down to receive the appropriate automated email with the appropriate group meeting link. We don't really want to pursue this as a solution, since I think it will become incredibly complicated to maintain as we expand, or as staff GLEs and GSM come and go. We are hoping to find a more elegant solution. Either via hubspot or through an integration with an add-on service.