HubSpot Ideas

JoeMayall

Color Code the Deal Boards View

Submitted on behalf of a customer

It would be beneficial if the cards on the Deal Board view could be custom color-coded. This would help users organize their deal performance and understand it at a glance.

Other Deal Board customization can be found here: https://community.hubspot.com/t5/HubSpot-Ideas/Customized-quot-Deal-Cards-quot-in-Deals-Dashboard/id...

Mises à jour HubSpot
April 21, 2023 11:10 AM

Hi everyone, I wanted to share a recent update on Deal Tags.

You can now create deal tags that filter based on a property called "Is deal closed?" You can use this, to exclude filtering on closed deals. See here for more info.

Cheers,
Jeannie

April 05, 2023 01:37 PM

Hi @jj12stars, we're working on this, along with other enhancements. We wanted to get this out to everyone sooner than later, but rest assured, we will continue to iterate on it. 

In the meantime, users can collapse closed stages to hide them from their view.  

Statut mis à jour : Delivered
April 04, 2023 11:22 AM

👋 Hello community members,

As you probably know by now, we've fully released coloured deal tags. See here for more details.

We're currently working on extending coloured tags to other HubSpot defined objects as fast followers. 

As always, thanks for your feedback in helping us continuously improve your product experience. 

Cheers,
Jeannie

March 01, 2023 08:15 AM

@jj12stars, thanks for the additional feedback. That's interesting--I've noted this as well. Cheers!

February 28, 2023 03:01 PM

Hi @jj12stars, yes--it's in our plans to extend to other objects. We started with Deals for now.

Great feedback on how the tags appear on the board cards--I've noted all your feedback and appreciate it. 

Yes, any super admin user can change the order of the deal tags. In Deals > Pipelines Settings, navigate to the Deal Tags table, where you can drag and drop deal tags in whichever order you'd like. The order (from top to bottom) is what dictates the order of deal tags as they appear on a board card, when there are multiple tags on a card. Hope this helps!

February 28, 2023 02:57 PM

Hi @ABeian, thanks for your feedback! I had some of the same thoughts when we first started. 😄

We opted for an iterative approach, so we can get this exact type of feedback, in order to prioritize what's most important to users. We also wanted to balance getting something into the hands of our customers--folks like yourself. This way, you get to use the feature earlier, and can weigh in on how we can iterate on it. I've noted your feedback, and it will inform our next iterations that will follow.

Re: extending to other objects, not to worry--this is on our radar. We started with Deals and are only in beta right now. I absolutely see the value in extending to other objects and we plan to do so. 

February 27, 2023 11:06 AM

Hi @SMega, this feature is currently only available for the Deals object on Sales Hub Starter, Professional, and Enterprise plans.

If you're a super admin on one of the above plans and do not see the beta update, I'd suggest checking with our Support team. 

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
February 27, 2023 10:25 AM

👋 Hello Community Members,

Our team has heard your feedback and developed a new feature to address this idea, called Deal Tags--in beta today! 

To join our beta, have a super admin user navigate in their HubSpot account to: Product Updates > Early Access > Betas > click "Join beta"

Once you're a part of our beta, super admins will have access to create new deal tags, which will appear on the board view. 

We look forward to hearing your collective feedback!

Cheers,
Jeannie

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
February 06, 2023 01:33 PM

👋 Hello fellow Community Members!

I'm excited to share that we're working on this. 

We're looking to run a small early access group to provide feedback on the solution. If you're interested in participating, please sign up here.

Notes: 

• Only available to super admins on a Starter, Professional, or Enterprise plan
  • Must be using Deal pipelines
  • Signing up for early access does not guarantee you'll be selected, but rest assured--the goal is to make this feature more widely available. 😊 

Statut mis à jour : Being Reviewed
August 23, 2022 12:44 PM

👋Hello HubSpot community members!

Thank you for your feedback. We're in the process of exploring this idea and I've read through all the comments here.

I'm curious to hear your thoughts on the existing "Priority" property. Current options for this property (available on Deals and Tickets) are:

• Low (green dot)
  • Medium (yellow dot)
  • High (red dot)

Has anyone tried using this property for colour-coding? What's working vs. what's missing?

Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us!

91 Commentaires
HLovatt
Participant
I suggested the dots to my team as an interim solution but it was not
enough for them to be useful. They need the entire card to be coloured for
having a quick glance and seeing where they stand. And customisable colour
meanings as well so it can be unique to the company/individual's needs.

Additionally, the dots are for the priority, the colour coding is wanted
for other information such as for us the salesperson's next/current step
needed to be indicated.

Thanks.
TAlbertyn
Membre

Hi,

I find the meaning of the colours very confusing. Green dot means low, while green dot actually means positive.

This should be changed.

Green dot should mean high and red dot should mean low.

LDoudard
Membre
Hello !
Actually we tried using the color dots but it clearly isn’t enough.
We are 5 people so we would need 5 colors, and probably a 6th one for big clients.
The entire card should be colored, so that each member of the team can recognize his own card in an instant.
Having an array of pantone colors would also allow us to choose for example : blues for this team, reds for this team, greens for this other team. It becomes absolutely necessary when several team members are using the same pipe.

thxxx
DGeorgia
Membre

As others have said, we tried using the priority status but that was not sufficient for our needs. The restrictions in place on that particular property (only three colors, no ability to change the name of the property, no way to even change the colors etc...) cause it to be impractical and unuseable for our team's workflow.

Even just giving us the option to create custom properties with the small colored dots in whatever colors and quantities we need would be a vast improvement to the current option. However being able to fully color the deal tiles would be the ideal scenarios for us. 

JFleisher
Membre

I would love to be able to customize based on days since last activity

Green (activity in last 7 days)

Yellow (no activity last 7 days but last activity less than 30 days ago)

Red (last activity greater than 30 days ago)

MattyB
Membre

@JeannieN being able to colour code a card automatically based on any property would be great. eg, If Country = Australia, make the card green. If Country = Singapore, make the card red etc. We would love this functionality so we can look at our deals board and see what is happening and where just based on colour. We have customised the card to include Country on the card view, but having it colour coded would be so much easier. 

MichaelC
Guide | Partenaire solutions

I would like to expand the current idea to cover all objects (all views for contacts, companies, deals, tickets, custom objects and so on). Give the possibility for the view creator to color code a row in the view based on a property in the view. 

Lets give an example to share the contents of my brain in a sense. 

In the contacts object I create a list with:

• First name
  • Last name
In the view settings the view creator should be able to set any HEX color based on a set of rules. The entire row will be affected by the color code. 

Lets say one rule may be: First name = Michael - then set background to: #000 and text to #FFF (the row will be black with white text). All rows not affected by the rule will not change. 

Just like google sheets color formatting there should be a hierarchy if one or more rules get in conflict with each other. Then the rule with the highest priority should be used. 

MichaelC_0-1664214183571.png

Also let it be possible for rules to be compared with other property values other then just a static value. 

Well - start simple - make it adjustable to color code list views - it will help a lot in some cases. 

Maragosta
Participant

This is a must-have!

When using lists views, it would be great to be able to better identify deals dependant on their stages thanks to ligns colors. Much easier to use at one glance.

TOndo
Membre

For us, color coding the deal flow by sales person will become essential as we continue to add to this team. 

APequeño
Membre

Yes, would be great to have. This question is critical for us in ticket list servies. Could be incredible to have it in deals as well.

PStruckmann
Participant

We also cant believe its not possible . VERY essential for Tickets and Deals to prioritize . the 3x colors for prioirity also dont seemtomake sense, as it only says High Low meidum for us and ionly ifyou click in the cell in the deal view will you see a color ?

asmallnguyen
Membre

Colors are needed to organize deals by customer segment as each deal would be treated differently. The priority colors aren't needed. I think warm, hot, and cold leads makes more sense for the deal flow. 

Statut mis à jour : In Planning
JeannieN
Équipe de développement de HubSpot

👋 Hello fellow Community Members!

I'm excited to share that we're working on this. 

We're looking to run a small early access group to provide feedback on the solution. If you're interested in participating, please sign up here.

Notes: 

• Only available to super admins on a Starter, Professional, or Enterprise plan
  • Must be using Deal pipelines
  • Signing up for early access does not guarantee you'll be selected, but rest assured--the goal is to make this feature more widely available. 😊 
JStamm
Contributeur

@JeannieN Would be great if the same functionality discussed for deals could also be applied to Tickets. For example, highlighting tickets in Red or Yellow for customers who have purchased a top tier support program.

Statut mis à jour : In Beta
JeannieN

👋 Hello Community Members,

Our team has heard your feedback and developed a new feature to address this idea, called Deal Tags--in beta today! 

To join our beta, have a super admin user navigate in their HubSpot account to: Product Updates > Early Access > Betas > click "Join beta"

Once you're a part of our beta, super admins will have access to create new deal tags, which will appear on the board view. 

We look forward to hearing your collective feedback!

Cheers,
Jeannie

SMega
Membre

Hi @JeannieN , 

The latest Beta I can see is Public Exports API (Jan 18, 2023). How can I see Deal Tags beta? 

Thanks in advance, 

Sara

JeannieN

Hi @SMega, this feature is currently only available for the Deals object on Sales Hub Starter, Professional, and Enterprise plans.

If you're a super admin on one of the above plans and do not see the beta update, I'd suggest checking with our Support team. 

ABeian
Participant

Hi @JeannieN,

Thanks for the update! This looks to be just about the feature we needed.

However, a couple things could improve it right off the bat:

1. Unlimited number of tags and ability to select custom colors - this would allow for a "gradient" view

2. Enable this Beta for Custom Objects and, as @JStamm mentioned, also for Tickets

Having these two additions would allow us to fully test this out and provide more in-depth feedback!

jj12stars
Contributeur

This is a great start! I also would beg that you unlock the functionality for Tickets and Custom Objects as soon as possible. Also, I would prefer to see all the tags and have the card size increase rather than have to click the +1 more link to see more tags. But in the current setup, can you set the tag priority? In other words, can you make it so if there are more than 1 tags, you identify the most important one and it always shows, with the less important ones being hidden in the +1 link. 

Finally, it would be great to add custom colors or our choice. 

JeannieN

Hi @ABeian, thanks for your feedback! I had some of the same thoughts when we first started. 😄

We opted for an iterative approach, so we can get this exact type of feedback, in order to prioritize what's most important to users. We also wanted to balance getting something into the hands of our customers--folks like yourself. This way, you get to use the feature earlier, and can weigh in on how we can iterate on it. I've noted your feedback, and it will inform our next iterations that will follow.

Re: extending to other objects, not to worry--this is on our radar. We started with Deals and are only in beta right now. I absolutely see the value in extending to other objects and we plan to do so.