HubSpot Ideas

caiodonald

Closing tasks automatically

I've implemented HubSpot for some clients that have a qualification team on their sales process.  These teams usually receive a lead that goes through an automatic cadence (like a sequence), but on workflows, instead of waiting for the salesperson to enroll the contact on a sequence.

these contacts have tasks associated with them, so the moment they go through a workflow we create a task to search for the contact in LinkedIn, to call, then to email. All happening on the same day.

But if our sales rep disqualifies the lead, the tasks are still open to be completed. 

I think HubSpot should be able to close/exclude tasks automatically once the contact is discarded, our sales reps have to later clean up their tasks and this is an administrative task that takes up their time.

But the sequence has some rules that works better, like only creating the next task once the user has completed the previous task.

Adding to a sequence should be an possible action on workflows.

10 Replies
KMace
Participant

We are forcing deals to closed lost through a worfklow if they meet certain criteria and I need to be able to close the remaining tasks that are open so my sales team doesn't keep working deals that are closed. 

DSchwalb

We are also getting many complaints from sales reps with tasks that become irrelevant once the deal stage changes. Having this feature would help making them trust more in tasks and to take action without thinking it's just one more irrelevenat task.

laurabren
Contributor

This would be immensely useful! We are having the same issues where there is a lack of trust in tasks when there are many irrelevant ones left open. Reps can of course close these out themselves, but this turns something that is meant to be informative and useful into a burdensome administrative task.

BLatimer

So if Tasks are on an account from a workflow they cannot be closed?

TomTracey

Adding on to this, when a prospect replies to a sequence negatively, or a deal gets created, it would be really useful to have the uncompleted tasks be marked as completed.

mamersfoort
Participant

Absolutely disappointing indeed that it is not possible to automatically delete tasks for lost deals. Creates a lot of unneeded work.

DeeDub

Absolutely need the ability to automate closing tasks based on a deal closing. With deals running into the tens of thousands, my sales team is desperate for a solution to this unnecessary admin. A lot of this basic functionality seems to be missing from HubSpot which is disappointing to discover post-migration.

Preston0543

Yes please.

RobC3
Member | Platinum Partner

Need the ability to close tasks from workflows. Seems like a no brainer that we should have the ability to bulk manage tasks, really affects scalability 

GrowthOperation
Participant

Hi All - 

We just launched an app on the HubSpot marketplace that allows for tasks to automatically be marked as complete.

So for all of the use cases described here you can now 100% solve this using workflows + task assistant. Namely:

• Marking tasks as complete when a lead is disqualified (contact-based workflow)
  • Marking tasks as complete when a deal stage changes (deal-based workflow)
  • Or any other workflow type (standard objects or even custom objects)

>>> Link To App Listing Page <<<

There's a free plan that accomodates up to 10 actions per month, so depending on your volume you might be able to use our app for free. Paid plans start at $10/month if you need more capacity.

cc: @caiodonald / @RobC3 / @Preston0543 / @DeeDub / @mamersfoort / @TomTracey / @BLatimer / @laurabren / @DSchwab / @KMace