HubSpot Ideas

cfleishman

Cloning a Deal

Need to be able to clone an individual deal. This is helpful for recurring revenue organizations and building MRR. Please! スマイリー ハッピー

Update from @JoeMayallDue to a technical error on HubSpot’s end, this thread has an inflated upvote count. As of June 10th, 2020, we estimate this thread has around 500 upvotes. I'll continue to update this count as the thread receives upvotes."

HubSpotからのアップデート
ステータスに更新: Not Currently Planned
January 22, 2024 10:06 AM

Hey HubSpot Community,
Here to share an un-fun update. We explored Cloning Deals in the second half of 2023 but are not ready to execute yet. Projects like this seem easy on the surface, but both technical and customer experience implications really matter. We're committed to providing the best experience, and sometimes that means taking extra time to do so. I know this is still a pressing need, and plan to make strides this year. In the meantime, as folks on this thread have mentioned, either using a workflow or an app like Deal Duplicator are your, admittedly not perfect, best options.
-Maggie

February 14, 2023 01:36 PM

Survey permissions have been updated! Please try here and let me know if you're encountering issues: https://forms.gle/7RRi8jUMTnLqP9M38

ステータスに更新: In Planning
February 14, 2023 11:46 AM

Hi HubSpot Community great news! Our product team is prioritizing this feature and actively working on a solution. To help us better understand what exactly you'd like to clone (e.g. properties, associations, activities), could you please take this short survey? Thank you!

*Update: Survey link has been fixed, please let me know if you're still not able to access it.

May 26, 2022 08:53 PM

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you all for your incredible patience. We reckon an update is warranted. 

Unfortunately, this idea remains unplanned. The team is currently planning some really valuable, high-impact features (e.g. team goals, deal overlays, color coding the deals board) that fall higher on the priority list. We can't take this on. But we understand the need and see the value in a cloning feature. 

Fortunately, there's a workaround. You can use workflows to create a new deal and copy data from the existing deal. 

Thank you for making HubSpot CRM a better tool. 

March 22, 2021 10:33 AM

Hello HubSpot community,

Thank you for your continued feedack here. I wanted to provide an update on the status of this idea. Cloning a deal is absolutely on a list of things we’d like to do. However, the list is long and time and resources are limited, so building this functionality is ultimately a question of priorities, and this is a lower priority compared to some of the other things we’re working on right now. We're continuing to keep an eye on the use cases provided in this idea and are always re-evaluating our top priorities, I'll be sure to update this thread when this is a more near-term priority. 

- Dylan 

August 06, 2020 09:01 AM

Hello HubSpot community, 

Thank you for your continued input on this idea. As I mentioned in a previous post, saving reps time is squarely in the realm of things we are thinking about on the HubSpot Product Team. 

To help us continue to deliver a product that helps your business grow better, could you answer this 3 question (only 1 required) survey about your detailed needs for cloning deals? 

Thank you in advance! 

June 11, 2020 06:10 AM

Hello HubSpot community, スマイリー ハッピー 

Thank you all for your continued input on this idea. I'm a product manager on our CRM team and wanted to provide you all with a status update here as the status of this issue is a bit complicated.

For starters, @JoeMayall recently made an update to the core idea. There was a technical error on our end that increased the number of votes on this issue by about 300.

When it comes to cloning deals, we hear you! We've been steadily looking into all of the context provided here and its clear there is product pain in a few areas.

Recurring revenue - the ability for HubSpot to support a recurring revenue model can be painful due to the fact that deals need to be re-created month over month, or quarter over quarter.

Saving reps time - sometimes deals are created that are very similar to a previous deal and the rep creating the deal wants to use the same data. Re-typing this data is inefficient.

Regarding recurring revenue: We're currently working on several aspects of the product that will help recurring revenue models. This includes invoices, reports, and even forecasting.

Regarding saving reps time: Our entire product is shaped to help you grow better. When reps are doing duplicative tasks, this slows you down and hurts growth. However, different businesses have different needs around "cloning". Some want just the deal name, others want the same deal amount, others want to copy the entire contents of the deal (including activities and emails), some want the deal to be included in the same reports as other deals. Since there are such vast requirements amongst our user base - this would inherently create the need for "settings" to allow admins to choose exactly how a deal cloning would work.

Both of these things are goals that we have our eye on. The problems that are expressed here are likely to be solved in many ways. There is not a "clone deal" silver bullet. We plan on working continually towards solving all of this pain, every day. However, at this time we do not have immediate plans to build or launch a "clone deal" button and have our energy focused on solving other problems that help our customers grow better.

559件のコメント
Glay_Imutan
参加者 | Diamond Partner

Hi @JoeMayall,  

We've been upvoting this simple feature since 2017. Why it was deprioritized considering the help of this feature to build sales pipeline? Why do we need to purchase an additional widget when it could have been a part of the CRM? This is a must-have and basic feature.     

YiRui_Chua
HubSpot Employee

Hi team!

Commenting for a customer here

Seeing that this is such a popular idea, really hope we can see some updates on this. Thanks!

GMakriyiannis
メンバー

We are subscribing to Hubspot Pro and REALLY need this for our subscription business

MBHeffernan
参加者

Yes, we need the ability to clone deals!!  It will save time re-entering the recurring deals over and over again with the same information.

Shohrab
メンバー

Bumping this up. This will save tons of time for the rep of my team. 

KLio
参加者

After moving towards using products in our hubspot account - a great feature - not having the ability to clone a deal card is becoming more and more an issue. My use case:

The previous process for our sales flow was;

Deal card in closed won sales pipeline

New deal card created in launch pipeline

All properties copied to new deal card

Original deal card remains in closed won sales pipeline

This meant that the sales forecasting tool was accurate and showed time in stages of sales pipeline, likelihood to close, and closed deals to target. This allowed us to forecast accurately into the future. 

In order to ensure the product line items were still on the deal card when it moves through our launch and account management pipelines for data integrity and to ensure we know what to deliver to clients, I had to change the process to:

Deal card in closed won sales pipeline

New deal card is created in closed won sales pipeline

All properties copied to new deal card

Original deal card is moved to invoice automation/launch pipeline

Forecasting tool no longer tracks closed won sales against target, and we cannot track how long the card spent in each pipeline. 

This is a seriously large pain point in using hubspot. I either have to cease using products in a robust way, or cease being able to forecast my sales process. 

WebfootMarket
参加者

Have you tried using Zapier to automate the duplication process? That is what we have implemented, and it’s working great.

MBHeffernan
参加者

@WebfootMarket    How do you use Zapier to automate the duplication of a deal? I looked on Zapier website and they show lots of integrations with Hubspot, but not duplicating a deal.  Do you need a subscription to Zapier to do this?

sparent
メンバー

Hello MB,

I started to use Appchemist. App is called Clone Attack. It works perfectly and is quick to implement. You can map those fields that you need. You will find it in the marketplace.

Regards,

Suzanne

brotelli
参加者

There are 20 pages worth of comments and even if the upvotes are inflated by 300 that means this has almost 1,000 upvotes. I am not minimizing the work that would need to be done on Hubspot's end but at a certain point, we have to wonder if you are invested in Clone Attack which is routinely pushed in this thread for $228/year ($19/month.) There is so much that is outstanding with Hubspot but this is one of those MAJOR glaring holes that is seemingly ignored.

We sell through different channels and we do quoting for some of our client base which means we need to send our client a quote as well as their client a quote which means a lot of copying, pasting, and wasted hours.

I am blown away with a company that gives off the appearance that they listen to the feedback of their clients and then ignores it at the same time. 

KLio
参加者

The issue with clone attack is you can't automate the card clone.

I want to be able to place a deal in a stage and have a workflow clone the whole card automatically without relying on a human to remember to do it.

I also don't particularly want to spend an extra $19 a month - though if the solution worked for my use case, I would. 

Zapier can't clone a card with all its add ins - attachments, emails, products etc. easily. It can do a lot of things, but cloning isn't one of them.

Get Outlook for iOS

sc_hs
メンバー

We moved from Zoho to Hubspot....  Zoho even has this feature. Should not be hard to setup the code to clone. Needs to get on the build schedule and not a wish list that may happen in the next 10 years. 

LGreen
参加者

I can see there are comments dating back almost 5yrs for this enhancement, its a no-brainer.

Up-voting this one as we have repeatable deals and it would great to clone.

Questoin for @Dylan - How long does an enhancement need to be in the queue, with 20 pages of comments and 1285 votes (current) before it's acted on.

I think we're all genuinely curious to understand Hubspot's criteria here.

Edith
メンバー

I am too disappointed in HubSpot, beside of many good features they ignore this obvious one. 😞

Do they have some kind of agreement with Clone Attack, HubSpot gets commission, I don't know. I don't have any reasonable thoughts why do they ignore request of so many (paying) user.

Daxchemist
参加者 | Elite Partner

Hello everyone!

@brotelli I can wholeheartedly tell you that HubSpot is in no way invested in our app Clone Attack, nor any of our other apps. Clearly it is a feature that should be available natively, but for whatever reason it isn't yet.

We simply filled a feature gap and offer it to everyone. That's pretty much what we do at Appchemist.

For most businesses, saving countless hours each month is worth $20, especially once we release our workflow support (@KLio). I can't help but to agree with the community here that it is surprising the functionality didn't exist long ago, but with Clone Attack, now it does. 

I'm sure the devs at HubSpot are working hard on their roadmap, whatever that may be.

jenniferfuqua
投稿者

I have been using RevLabs' Deal Duplicator for over a year and it works great. They have free plans and very inexpensive paid plans.
https://store.revenueriver.co/collections/deal-dupe-widget

KLio
参加者

Very excited @Daxchemist if that is a clone attack feature coming - will save me a lot of manual pain. 

cchandra
参加者

This is a great idea and would save so much time. We switched from Salesforce and that was a feature that worked well for our teams.

MSchirmacher
メンバー

also need this asap

aguth
参加者

This would be very much needed, both from GUI and via API. Our use case is to manage service renewal deals in not auto-renewing / not open ended business models.