Cloning a Deal

Need to be able to clone an individual deal. This is helpful for recurring revenue organizations and building MRR. Please! Smiley Happy

HubSpot updates
112 Replies
isabellb
New Contributor

Hey Hubspot has done it, they developed a widget that will clone deals, it is being tested and will be available to all shortly!

adaume_revriv New Contributor | Diamond Partner
New Contributor | Diamond Partner

Quick update! We launched our beta widget that allows you to duplicate deals right from the deal record. Feedback so far has been positive! Check it out: https://internal-forms.revriv.com/duplicate-deal-widget/connect

ClemOaky
Occasional Contributor

YES YES YES. 

Cloning a deal with all its properties would be absolutely needed for many different use cases. For example when a deal is made with a parent company but regards many daughter companies. You want to clone the deal (sometimes many many times) instead of having to import them.

Jgraves1117
New Contributor

Yes, would 100% agree here. Hubspot while a powerful tool, seems to be fairly focused on certain typical types of businesses. For example, we're a in-app publisher management platform. While there would be one company, that company could/will have a number of apps. While each app is from the same company, they could have unique elements that need to be tracked. Without the ability to clone, we will need to set these all up seperately, which with the Hubspot default properties and our custom properties is very time consuming. This was not somehting that we had a clear understaning of when signing up and and explaining our business model, and will definately be a reason for leaving. There are countless scenarios I can think of, so I have to assume this is on the roadmap. 

JamesWa
Regular Contributor

Has anyone tried the Revlabs solution? It sounds great but hard to tell anything about the company based on their website. Would be great to have some current user reviews.

https://www.revenueriver.co/revlabs/duplicate-deal

Jgraves1117
New Contributor

@JamesWa- I integrated their solution last week, which is super simple and can be removed pretty easy. Overall we're just launching with Hubspot, so I've only run a couple tests to see how it functions, but it does work as expected with cloning a deal.

deborahfelicio
New Contributor

same here! Agree!

BoudewijnB
New Contributor

This would really be a timesaving feature. I would like to emphazize the need for this to be developed in the near future! We can clone all sorts of things like reports, filters, lists and marketing stuff. SO why not clone deals?

Please!

Gregor_v_G
Visitor

Yes it would be great to clone a deal - We could use it to clone the deal from our sales pipeline in our marketing (campaign) pipeline. It is important to have every e-mail, conversation & information at one glance that we don´t have to click through multiple deals in different pipelines.

Thanks!

Alex_MMG
Visitor

Great Idea