Cloning a Deal

Need to be able to clone an individual deal. This is helpful for recurring revenue organizations and building MRR. Please! Smiley Happy

Update from @JoeMayallDue to a technical error on HubSpot’s end, this thread has an inflated upvote count. As of June 10th, 2020, we estimate this thread has around 500 upvotes. I'll continue to update this count as the thread receives upvotes."

HubSpot updates
Aug 6, 2020

Hello HubSpot community, 

Thank you for your continued input on this idea. As I mentioned in a previous post, saving reps time is squarely in the realm of things we are thinking about on the HubSpot Product Team. 

To help us continue to deliver a product that helps your business grow better, could you answer this 3 question (only 1 required) survey about your detailed needs for cloning deals? 

Thank you in advance! 

Status updated to: Not Currently Planned
Jun 11, 2020

Hi HubSpot Community,

I'm updating the status of this thread to reflect Dylan's comment.

Best,

Joe

Ideas Forum Manager

Jun 11, 2020

Hello HubSpot community, Smiley Happy 

Thank you all for your continued input on this idea. I'm a product manager on our CRM team and wanted to provide you all with a status update here as the status of this issue is a bit complicated.

For starters, @JoeMayall recently made an update to the core idea. There was a technical error on our end that increased the number of votes on this issue by about 300.

When it comes to cloning deals, we hear you! We've been steadily looking into all of the context provided here and its clear there is product pain in a few areas.

Recurring revenue - the ability for HubSpot to support a recurring revenue model can be painful due to the fact that deals need to be re-created month over month, or quarter over quarter.

Saving reps time - sometimes deals are created that are very similar to a previous deal and the rep creating the deal wants to use the same data. Re-typing this data is inefficient.

Regarding recurring revenue: We're currently working on several aspects of the product that will help recurring revenue models. This includes invoices, reports, and even forecasting.

Regarding saving reps time: Our entire product is shaped to help you grow better. When reps are doing duplicative tasks, this slows you down and hurts growth. However, different businesses have different needs around "cloning". Some want just the deal name, others want the same deal amount, others want to copy the entire contents of the deal (including activities and emails), some want the deal to be included in the same reports as other deals. Since there are such vast requirements amongst our user base - this would inherently create the need for "settings" to allow admins to choose exactly how a deal cloning would work.

Both of these things are goals that we have our eye on. The problems that are expressed here are likely to be solved in many ways. There is not a "clone deal" silver bullet. We plan on working continually towards solving all of this pain, every day. However, at this time we do not have immediate plans to build or launch a "clone deal" button and have our energy focused on solving other problems that help our customers grow better.

Mar 16, 2020

Hello HubSpot community, 

When combing through this idea, there are 2 main themes. One of them is to clone the contents of one deal to create another, the second is to merge two existing deals together. 

For those interested in merging two existing deals together, I'm excited to let you know that we've heard your feedback and have launched the ability to merge deals. Here is a Knowledge Base article that describes this new functionality in more detail.

313 Replies
Occasional Contributor
New Contributor

Joined Hubspot not long ago thinking "Oh I'll get off the spreadsheets..." only to realize it takes me almost twice as much.... Cloning is a feature that you CANNOT deal without ! Especially in a company where some clients may have multiple locations but not all at the same stage ! 

This is critical for managing my team efficiently.... none of the employee will buy into the switch to Hubspot unless it is easier or at least as hard as before.... ! 

Occasional Contributor

We use the Duplicate deal widget from revLABS. And we are quite satisfied the way it works. it is the best alternative for not having the option to clone deals ;-). 

https://www.revenueriver.co/revlabs/duplicate-deal

Occasional Contributor

We need this function.

Retyping day repeat deal does not make sense.

Regular Contributor

Needing it as well

Occasional Contributor

This is the app we are going to use, I ran it by IT and it looks good.

https://app.hubspot.com/ecosystem/2515281/marketplace/apps/sales/crm/appchemist-clone-attack-229629

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the shoutout @Pauldeming! Here's a general link to get Clone Attack.

https://ecosystem.hubspot.com/marketplace/apps/sales/crm/appchemist-clone-attack-229629

Regular Contributor

We're also testing Clone Attack with two clients.  No complaints.  Good looking out @Daxchemist 

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for the love @SkeeStylus !

Regular Contributor

I have dealers that want to place the same order they did before or similar orders and cloning a deal would make this so much easier.

Visitor

Cloning is a extremely very important feature! Others CRM already do it... so please HubSpot, hurry up with this. 🙂

Occasional Contributor

We have been using clone attack for a few weeks and it works fine.

Occasional Contributor

Appreciate the mention @Pauldeming!