HubSpot Ideas

cfleishman

Cloning a Deal

Need to be able to clone an individual deal. This is helpful for recurring revenue organizations and building MRR. Please! Smiley Happy

Update from @JoeMayallDue to a technical error on HubSpot’s end, this thread has an inflated upvote count. As of June 10th, 2020, we estimate this thread has around 500 upvotes. I'll continue to update this count as the thread receives upvotes."

HubSpot Updates
Not Currently Planned
January 22, 2024 10:06 AM

Hey HubSpot Community,
Here to share an un-fun update. We explored Cloning Deals in the second half of 2023 but are not ready to execute yet. Projects like this seem easy on the surface, but both technical and customer experience implications really matter. We're committed to providing the best experience, and sometimes that means taking extra time to do so. I know this is still a pressing need, and plan to make strides this year. In the meantime, as folks on this thread have mentioned, either using a workflow or an app like Deal Duplicator are your, admittedly not perfect, best options.
-Maggie

February 14, 2023 01:36 PM

Survey permissions have been updated! Please try here and let me know if you're encountering issues: https://forms.gle/7RRi8jUMTnLqP9M38

In Planning
February 14, 2023 11:46 AM

Hi HubSpot Community great news! Our product team is prioritizing this feature and actively working on a solution. To help us better understand what exactly you'd like to clone (e.g. properties, associations, activities), could you please take this short survey? Thank you!

*Update: Survey link has been fixed, please let me know if you're still not able to access it.

May 26, 2022 08:53 PM

Hello HubSpot Community, 

Thank you all for your incredible patience. We reckon an update is warranted. 

Unfortunately, this idea remains unplanned. The team is currently planning some really valuable, high-impact features (e.g. team goals, deal overlays, color coding the deals board) that fall higher on the priority list. We can't take this on. But we understand the need and see the value in a cloning feature. 

Fortunately, there's a workaround. You can use workflows to create a new deal and copy data from the existing deal. 

Thank you for making HubSpot CRM a better tool. 

March 22, 2021 10:33 AM

Hello HubSpot community,

Thank you for your continued feedack here. I wanted to provide an update on the status of this idea. Cloning a deal is absolutely on a list of things we’d like to do. However, the list is long and time and resources are limited, so building this functionality is ultimately a question of priorities, and this is a lower priority compared to some of the other things we’re working on right now. We're continuing to keep an eye on the use cases provided in this idea and are always re-evaluating our top priorities, I'll be sure to update this thread when this is a more near-term priority. 

- Dylan 

August 06, 2020 09:01 AM

Hello HubSpot community, 

Thank you for your continued input on this idea. As I mentioned in a previous post, saving reps time is squarely in the realm of things we are thinking about on the HubSpot Product Team. 

To help us continue to deliver a product that helps your business grow better, could you answer this 3 question (only 1 required) survey about your detailed needs for cloning deals? 

Thank you in advance! 

June 11, 2020 06:10 AM

Hello HubSpot community, Smiley Happy 

Thank you all for your continued input on this idea. I'm a product manager on our CRM team and wanted to provide you all with a status update here as the status of this issue is a bit complicated.

For starters, @JoeMayall recently made an update to the core idea. There was a technical error on our end that increased the number of votes on this issue by about 300.

When it comes to cloning deals, we hear you! We've been steadily looking into all of the context provided here and its clear there is product pain in a few areas.

Recurring revenue - the ability for HubSpot to support a recurring revenue model can be painful due to the fact that deals need to be re-created month over month, or quarter over quarter.

Saving reps time - sometimes deals are created that are very similar to a previous deal and the rep creating the deal wants to use the same data. Re-typing this data is inefficient.

Regarding recurring revenue: We're currently working on several aspects of the product that will help recurring revenue models. This includes invoices, reports, and even forecasting.

Regarding saving reps time: Our entire product is shaped to help you grow better. When reps are doing duplicative tasks, this slows you down and hurts growth. However, different businesses have different needs around "cloning". Some want just the deal name, others want the same deal amount, others want to copy the entire contents of the deal (including activities and emails), some want the deal to be included in the same reports as other deals. Since there are such vast requirements amongst our user base - this would inherently create the need for "settings" to allow admins to choose exactly how a deal cloning would work.

Both of these things are goals that we have our eye on. The problems that are expressed here are likely to be solved in many ways. There is not a "clone deal" silver bullet. We plan on working continually towards solving all of this pain, every day. However, at this time we do not have immediate plans to build or launch a "clone deal" button and have our energy focused on solving other problems that help our customers grow better.

557 Replies
MSAPMG
Member | Partner

Totally agree - it is  a major problem  not to have this- plesae get on this asap

mfinocchiaro

We need this feature desperately! 

simonb

This is a great idea and I need it asap.

Martaing

Yes we need it ! Especially after a poor migration

tarah

Yes, need this ASAP.  

ahmedawan

We need this feature ASAP please. 

martin_cardiff
Participant

Agree with the earlier comments that this would be a useful feature

duncanf
Participant

We also need this asap - havign to manage closing of different deals and looking in two placers for detail is not sustainable

jessicaking

Our previous CRM did this and I feel like they were much more basic that HubSpot. HubSpot needs this operation and it would be valuable to many companies not just our's.

davidjinn

did the guys from Hubspot say something about this?
Any answers?

So much need it!!!

Karri

This should be a basic feature. 

alexfaust

Yes please, we need this!

mhsales

plus one - this is essential. 

Anu
Contributor

We need this feature too! 

Mike_reality

Yes - this would be teriffic

tomirasanen

As all the other people here, we need this too!

Pelby
Participant

This would be really helpful.

SimonDrye

This feature would be extremely helpful. Plus one for this request from me.

s0utherndandy
Participant

Has Hubspot resolved this issue yet?

DonMohammes

Upvoted!